Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Introducing UGG bridal boots

Default Introducing UGG bridal boots

Most brides head to Jimmy Choo or Stuart Weitzman when looking for the perfect wedding shoes.
    Now it seems Ugg Australia is attempting to become a bridal footwear destination too, with the launch of its new I Do line.
    The three-piece capsule collection includes a white sequin-studded boot named the Sparkles I Do!, the silver suede Bailey I Do, which has a rhinestone button, and a white fluffy flip-flop.

Comfort over style: Ugg Australia has released a bridal line comprising of two boots and a pair of fluffy flip flops

Of course they lack the elegance of a strappy stiletto sandal or satin-covered court, but for the bride seeking comfort over style, there is no contest.
    One might also argue that if one has a full skirt that reaches the ground, no-one will see the sheepskin slippers anyway.
    The launch has failed to win much in the way of style cred though. Already the line has received more ridicule than praise on Twitter.

Wedded bliss? The new Ugg range includes a white sequin-studded boot named the Sparkles I Do!, $225 (left) and the silver suede Bailey I Do! which sells for $190 (right)

One user wrote: 'Worst news I've ever heard in my life.'
    Another joked: 'A bit late for April fools.'
    Even industry insiders have joined the backlash, with The Bridal Atelier adding: 'Please girls, no!'

I don't! Ugg unveils bridal boots - but will ANYBODY walk down the aisle in them? | Mail Online

No! Never! Die first.
    Just Kill Me and chartreuse like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Only someone marrying outside in Minnesota in February could get away with that. And even then . . .

For fucks sake
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Just kill me now and be done with it. Jesus.

These are fucking horrendous. We had some off-brand sparkly covered boots similar to this style last winter at DSW - the young kids LOVED THEM. Ugh - to me, they aren't called "UGG" for nothing because they are UGGly.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I would have loved these when I was about five, but definitely not for a wedding day! No doubt there'll be some folk who just love them and swear by them, but I don't really get it
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Where's Greys? She'll buy me some I'm sure.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I might wear them... at a destination wedding in Antarctica.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Maybe they're just 'inspired by' and not intended for weddings..? No?

I don't understand uggs. They are not comfortable, they are hideous, and they are not good for you feet (no support whatsoever). Their only redeeming quality is that they're warm, so they're acceptable for extremely cold weather. But only then.

Are we taking bets on what celebrity will be the first to actually get married in them? I got $2 on Britney.

I loathe Uggs and their many copycat reproductions. I live near the beach (with a very large tourist boardwalk) and it just boggles the mind when you see some idiot in a string bikini (no cover up or anything) and a pair of freaking Uggs on.

I wanted a gorgeous pair of expensive sandals for my wedding. My husband talked me out of it ... first because I'm a klutz and second because he wanted me to be comfortable during the long ceremony and reception. I bought plain ballet flats and had the bridal salon use throw away pieces of my gown and the same kind of beading and pearls. They were a work of art and no one even knew! And best of all, I didn't fall flat on my ass and I was very comfortable!!

Those bridal Uggs need to die in a fire!

i love my real uggs. plain brown knee length that I fold over. love love love them. Most comfortable thing I have ever worn. i am sad to see them so so so outdated already. it was a good, comfortable, lazy fad...but its OVER. when a bitch in godforsaken middle of Ohio says something is out of fashion, it was out of fashion 3 years ago.

PS I hate crocs in public, but can't live w/o them in the garden----
    “Many wealthy people are little more than janitors of their possessions." Frank Lloyd Wright

Can I just make this disclaimer on behalf of Australians - UGG Australia is NOT an Australian company even though they tried to drive all the existing retailers out of the market by trademarking a generic term which has been used for decades here. So any ugly arse piece of shit they produce is not endorsed by the Australian people. We don't buy this shit - the only people I see buying from Ugg Australia are tourists. We buy regular unbranded uggies just like we always have.

Uggifesto.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I don't even know what to say.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I think the time has come to nuke Australia out of existence.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information