Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0

Thread: What are your thoughts about people dressing up at inappropriate times?

Default What are your thoughts about people dressing up at inappropriate times?

The pics posted of Mariah Carey dressed up in some freakishly outlandish dress at her twins 1st birthday party, along with some Twitter debate I have seen recently got me to thinking......

What are your thoughts when you see someone, male or female, that is dressed up more than perhaps they 'should' be for an event, or even a non event like grocery shopping or doing the school run w/the kids, etc.

Someone on Twitter (a Mom) said she couldn't understand why some of the other Mom's would drop off/pick up their kids for preschool 'all dressed up'. She went on to say that she only wears sweats, sneakers, baseball caps and tee's and she just thought it was so stupid that others don't and what did they have to prove anyway??

So......we've all seen it at least a few times in our lives---where do you land on this one? Not doing a poll, just looking for thoughts and opinions. I'm truly curious..

And for the record, Mariah Carey looked like a total idiot trying to 'play' with her kids in a diamond beaded Versace dress and heels.

Like everything it depends on what you know. I currently live in a smallish town in a rural state. If I went to the grocery store in a skirt and heels they'd either assume I just came back from work or was crazy. I grew up in Chicago and it's the norm in some areas to be completely done up for shopping.

What bothers me most is this woman who is always at the gym in full makeup, giant gold hoop earrings, camoflauge capri cargo pants, a skimpy tank top and a bedazzled pink baseball cap.

She goes on the elliptical and glances around to make sure everyone sees her while she talks super loud on her cell phone.

I sooooo want to smack her.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I don't go out in sweats and a baseball cap. Not happening. I have nothing to prove except I am not a slob. I don't go all out on makeup except in the evening, but I wear a light amount in daytime.
    How little effort it takes to look decent.
    I work on the principal that I could run into an old beau, have an accident or run into my worst enemy at any given time.
    I will look good. I care how I look even to strangers. Same way when my son was little, if I didn't look good he didn't look good!
    You even get better service in any store,IMO.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I am a SAHM. I never wear sweats outside my house, I only wear hats if I am going for a walk/gardening. I always wear makeup when I leave the house, but it's minimal and natural looking (basics like mascara, foundation, lip color). I am really boring with my hair (have it down, pony tail, bun, etc) and jewelry too, but I have two small kids and don't want to spend hours getting ready to do errands, visit friends, go to the park. I don't dress like a slob, but I am not spending A lot of time to do hair/wardrobe to run errands.

There's a SAHM who would pick up her kids at my daughter's preschool that looked like she was going out on the town by the looks of her clothes. Big earrings, full make up and hair, big leather boots with some tight pants, etc. I really didn't get it. But then again she looked like Gary Busey in drag, so maybe she needed that extra work. She also came off vapid, talking about how they were losing their home, but how hair salons were a must and she would only buy her 2 year clothes from Macy's (she said $30 jeans were normal for her to buy for the baby).

Some people like dressing up and others don't. Doesn't bother me either way.
    Melyanna likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Most of the younger set dresses nicely. Alot of elders dress nicely. The gap seems to be middle age, where some are in stores in broad daylight wearing clothes that seem slept in. Doesn't bother me either, but I mentally do a makeover on some.
    To my everlasting regret, I have yet to see anyone dressed like the Walmart thread.

My favorite thing (owing to Daughter Deprivation Syndrom) is to see the teen set all dressed in cute outfits. That cheers me right up!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post

What are your thoughts when you see someone, male or female, that is dressed up more than perhaps they 'should' be for an event, or even a non event like grocery shopping or doing the school run w/the kids, etc.

I don't normally care if people overdress but I hate to see women totally over dressed for things like little league games. Honey, put on some flats and a nice pair of jeans. T-ball isn't the place for your stilettos and dinner out on saturday night outfits. You look like a horse's ass.
    Fran likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

For the most part I don't care, but it does bother me when I see moms all slutted up in booty shorts and stilettos at my younger son's football games. I don't think all the T&A is appropriate around 12-14yo boys. For some reason it doesn't bother me at my 16yo's games, maybe because the boys are more mature and its more like a stadium with bleachers and concrete. Its just flat out stupid to be wearing stilettos on a football field.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

To each his own I always say but you can dress up anywhere and still be appropriate. Mooriah is never appropriate.
    Tati likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Eh I think if you have to put on your cleavage tank top, skin tight jeans, hooker boots, and full on clubbin' makeup to go get bread and milk you are a try hard douche.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Even hookers need to go grocery shopping.
    hustle4alivin likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Yes but when they do they wear uggs and juicy tracks suits, no real hooker wears her fuckin' clothes to the store.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

When I used to drop my kid off at preschool I was all done up, because I had to fucking go to work right after I dropped him off.

Who gives a fuck how people dress unless their T&A is hanging out for all to gawk at.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Thread Information