Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shedevilang

Thread: Jessica Simpson's shoes, a copy of Christian Louboutin design?‎

Default Jessica Simpson's shoes, a copy of Christian Louboutin design?‎

Jessica Simpson is never too far from a controversy these days but this time, it isn't her baby bump that's causing a stir.
    Jezebel reports that the reality star and fashion mogul has just debuted a platform sandal for her own shoe line that appears notably similar to an old creation by revered footwear designer Christian Louboutin.
    At a glance the lavender and black platform and hot pink strapped stiletto with yellow piping differs slightly only in its absence of the iconic red sole.

A certain likeness: Christian Louboutin's 'Statarata' (left) and Jessica Simson's 'Evangel' are remarkably similar

In an ad for Ms Simpson's 'Evangel', as the shoe has been named, the star herself sits in a wicker hanging chair in a sun-drenched garden, wearing a bold purple empire-line sundress.
    On her trotters, the hot pink sandals are strapped, playfully picking out the pink of the background flowerbed.

Christian Louboutin designed the 'Statarata' in 2010, because clothing and accessories are not protected by copyright law in the US, the company will not be able to take action regardless of their views on Ms Simpson's shoe.
    Budget-conscious fashionistas however will no doubt be flocking to the shops to snatch up a pair of the affordable platforms.
    The 'Evangel' carry a fairly priced tag of $98 while the slightly daintier 'Staratata' set buyers back a whopping $995.
    Ms Simpson's advert ironically ran this month in Elle, the glossy that picked out and brought readers' attention to the 'Staratata' when it was launched two years ago.
    A resounding success among celebrities who wore them and magazines that featured them, the shoes sold out, their popularity inspiring a re-release in a variety of new colours.
    Ms Simpson has also imagined her design in a trio of exciting if not garish colour combinations.
    As well as the original pink, lavender, yellow and black, the 'Evangel' is also available in leopard print with acid yellow piping, a red heel and a neutral sole.
    And a third option offers a blue strap with yellow piping, green heel and black sole.

Read more: Jessica Simpson's shoes, a copy of Christian Louboutin design? | Mail Online

She would pick Louboutin's ugliest shoe to copy. Plus, her's has that up-curve on the sole to ensure a streetwalker vibe.

Pretty blatant copy of one ogly ass shoe

bitch is spending too much time trying to get her WW plan lined up she can't even come up with a decent shoe design
    faithanne likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

What a blatant rip-off.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    She would pick Louboutin's ugliest shoe to copy. Plus, her's has that up-curve on the sole to ensure a streetwalker vibe.
    That's really quite a good copy. It doesn't scream cheap to me. Did you mean that the front of the shoe on Jessica's turns up while the front of the Loub shoe sits flat on the floor? Jessica, you gonna get it.

Wow... they didn't even try on that one.

I bought a pair of shoes to go with a dress I was wearing to a wedding. Didn't realize they were Jessica Simpson shoes when I picked them out. Damn heel on the left shoe is slightly higher than the heel on the right. Super well made.

She took an ugly ass shoe and made it even uglier. WTG.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    That's really quite a good copy. It doesn't scream cheap to me. Did you mean that the front of the shoe on Jessica's turns up while the front of the Loub shoe sits flat on the floor? Jessica, you gonna get it.
    Except the louboutin sole curls too, just not as much suggesting a more flexible sole.

But let's be right about this, one of Jessica's designers copied the shoe, Jessica just looked at the drawing pointed & said "pretty"....
    Free Charmed.

No one points better than Jessica.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    i despise that. especially when it's those hookeresque, enormous platforms that messica simpson and leann rimes and most bimbos seem to favour. they always curve up. *vomits*

a lot of shoes curve slightly up so you don't scuff the tips (like the original louboutin) but it's subtle. not like those gross upturned ones.
    Last edited by sputnik; April 13th, 2012 at 04:06 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

So true, it's a little difference in the two shoes that makes a huge difference to their classyness-factor.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Thread Information