Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Brookie
  • 1 Post By NoDayButToday

Thread: Help me pick shoes!

Default Help me pick shoes!

I am flying back to Chicago with the boyfriend in October to attend his best friend's wedding. It'll be the first significant time I spend with any of the friends back home (we met, but briefly), so I want to look good, lol. I just bought this dress to wear to the wedding and am looking for shoes.

I am kind of thinking these so I can have some color and not be wearing all black to a wedding. I also have a light pink suede clutch that I can carry.

I am limited in the shoes because I have a wide foot and there are fewer cute shoes available. These are Aerosoles, which are usually super comfy and have more than average wide styles available. I'd also love some jewelry recommendations. Thanks

fgg

they seem a bit casual and chunky for that pretty dress.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I don't think so and with a pink clutch I think it will give it just that right amount of color. Please pick better jewelry though
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

OK, I will keep searching for the shoes, I have time after all. I don't plan on wearing those weird chain earrings or ring, I promise.

I agree on the shoes. You need a more delicate shoe with the floaty dress, though the color is great, and perfect if you've already got the clutch.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Cute dress NoDay!

I'm sure his friends will love you if they get to spend any time with you and you'll have a great time.
    Free Charmed.

There are lots of awesome "dressy" shoes out right now for everybody - bright colors, strappy or platform/chunky, delicate, patent leather/suede/blingy. Give yourself a couple of hours, go to your local shoe store (I work at DSW and we have lots of great stuff right now), and spend some time looking at shoes and maybe matching a clutch. Take the dress with you - we have lots of women who bring their dresses in to the store. Take a friend or two and get some opinions.
    shedevilang and Novice like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

That's a breezy dress...I would go for something more delicate and strappy for shoes. I'd do a sparkly bracelet on the sleeveless wrist and some simpler earrings and an updo.

I just found some cute lower heeled strappy shoes. I kinda like them and they look low enough they would be wearable all night.

I like that they are that textured silver like the little inset in the dress.

i love the idea of hot pink shoes but agree the ones you posted are too casual for the dress.
    the sandals are very cute though. a safer choice than hot pink but definitely appropriate.
    i think you should keep looking for the right pair of hot pink shoes though. what's your budget? max. heel height?

i like these:
    http://www.zappos.com/bouquets-carissa-fuchsia
    http://www.zappos.com/product/7950827/color/12664
    http://www.zappos.com/product/7942080/color/12664

p.s. if you do go for hot pink, the light pink clutch can work if it's a tone of pink that works with the shoes, otherwise, i would go with either black or a metallic that matches the detailing on the dress.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I love your dress and I really like the pink color, but agree you need a more delicate shoe.

I bought the silver and black ones. I don't have anything similar, and they were only about $50, and I feel that even if I do find pink ones before then I would still use the silver for other uses. Plus I can wear those with a silver bangle bracelet I have (thanks kalirga, I never consider bracelets because I almost never wear them!) and then the pink purse and be good. Will probably wear some diamond stud earrings and my hair up.

Totally up or side down,rest up -sort of like the picture? Umm, I cannot resist this. Note you will have an exposed elbow...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Probably totally up except for some face framing pieces. I have 7 months to figure out those details. I just wanted to get the dress since I saw it, ON SALE, and thought it was perfect.

I will have an elbow exposed, and it will be as well creamed as can be (as will the other one for good measure). I will also have a tattoo on my upper arm/shoulder blade exposed. I made sure before I bought the dress that no one is overly conservative and it isn't a church wedding. The bride has quite a few tattoos herself so I think I'm safe. If I find out before then that it isn't appropriate for the crowd I'm OK with covering it with makeup.
    McJag likes this.

Thread Information