Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ultimo launch Dreamwire bra the comfiest "underwired" bra

Default Ultimo launch Dreamwire bra the comfiest "underwired" bra

The dream wire: Bra that provides the push of an underwire without the pain is unveiled

By Liz Hull

Last updated at 7:20 PM on 21st January 2012

For years, underwire has enjoyed the best supporting role in lingerie. But wearing an underwired bra is not always the most comfortable experience.

Some women find they can dig into their ribcage or pinch the bust.

The non-underwired types, however, just don’t offer the same uplift.
    Scroll down for video

Look, no wires: The Dreamwire bra claims to be more comfy and could be a godsend for women everywhere

Now UItimo claims to have come up with a third option. Its Dreamwire bra is said to provide all the lift of an underwire, with none of the discomfort.

The Glasgow-based firm, run by entrepreneur Michelle Mone, spent two years devising the bra which it claims is the most comfortable in the world.

More...

Made from a single piece of sculpted foam, and covered in a light-weight synthetic material, the bra has virtually no stitching or joins, making it much less likely to rub the skin.

Inside the cup is a type of foam padding that incorporates a soft plastic underwire that gives extra support to the bust. This foam also helps cushion the skin from any digging from the wire.

Enlarge Inside info: How the Dreamwire bra works

The Dreamwire, which will cost £24, is due to go on sale at the end of this month.
    It has been trialled by 100 women over the past 14 months and is due to go on sale online and in Debenhams stores.
    Michelle Mone, creator of Ultimo, was inspired to create the Dreamwire after years of wearing painful underwired bras. She tried and tested the Dreamwire herself and has never looked back.
    She said: “I wear the Dreamwire every day – after you have worn it once you will never want to wear another bra, trust me.

'It has absolutely no gel yet it still creates the shape you want, with a comfort factor women have always dreamed of.'

And I just want to point out that she appears to be wearing my engagement ring!!!

Brains: Michelle Mone, creator of Ultimo, decided to run with the Dreamwire bra after years of wearing painful underwired bras

A spokesman for the firm said the Dreamwire aimed to provide ‘pure comfort without losing any cleavage.’'

'It is an everyday bra designed for comfort but without sacrificing any support or shape,’’ the spokeswoman said.

'It can be worn for 24 hours a day, for work, exercise and sleep, without the woman feeling any discomfort.'
    Click here to buy the Dreamwire from Next
    Click here to visit the Ultimo website

Free Charmed.

What if we don't want all the cleavage? This may work for perky/implanted boobs, but what about my saggier DD's? I have my doubts.
    Brookie, whitetigeress and A*O like this.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

That is a big bra. I don't like big bras. I like the flimsy, ever-so-soft lace kind.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

it looks weird in the pictures, like the bottom is too far down or something.

also, underwired bras are only painful if you get the wrong size and they're too small and too tight, which a lot of women seem to do. a well made bra in the correct size won't pinch or dig in.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    also, underwired bras are only painful if you get the wrong size and they're too small and too tight, which a lot of women seem to do. a well made bra in the correct size won't pinch or dig in.
    I was about to say that I don't find underwire uncomfortable in the least. I have some bras that are seriously painful, but it's because they're the wrong size in the band.

I find that the wires bend & WTF is the point of having flat wires that are supposed to go around a body? So I fall into the "uncomfortable" group, even when they are the right size.
    Free Charmed.

The bra looks comfortable but £24 is too much to pay for an everyday bra.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

They need to show a side view. Too many cleavage bras look boobalicious from the front but give you a really odd squished look from the side.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Yes but will the underwire start to come out after the first wash and after the first wear? I need my underwire!!!
    shedevilang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    it looks weird in the pictures, like the bottom is too far down or something.
    It really does, very awkward & uncomfortable looking.
    Her boobs do look fantastic in that green dress, though

It looks like and old lady's bra.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I guess if I see one IRL I will try it on. But it looks all wonky and really ugly. It will have to be walk on water before I buy one.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

In the lingerie shots, the boobs look a little squished and weird on the sides. I suppose if I ran across one I'd try it on, but I'm perfectly happy with the underwires I have. its all about fit, really.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Yes but will the underwire start to come out after the first wash and after the first wear? I need my underwire!!!
    I bought a Dr Rey bra from ebay & it was more like a minimiser than an enhancer (which I quite liked being full busted), but the first time I washed it the wires came out..... Made the darn thing useless!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I bought a Dr Rey bra from ebay & it was more like a minimiser than an enhancer (which I quite liked being full busted), but the first time I washed it the wires came out..... Made the darn thing useless!

I got what I call a lazy bra. I only wear it around the house when my others are in the laundry. It only has one wire!
    shedevilang likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information