Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch A Terrifying Mob Of Shoe-Crazed Women Lose Their Shit At Saks

Default Watch A Terrifying Mob Of Shoe-Crazed Women Lose Their Shit At Saks

[YOUTUBE]jJFg7LeZQz8[/YOUTUBE]

For many the holidays are about spending time with family and reflecting on the coming new year, but for others they're about elbowing people out of the way so they can buy more stuff. On Monday, the day when rabid bargain hunters took to stores in search of post-holiday sales, the traditionally upscale and even snooty Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City was mobbed by a large pack of women looking for deals in the store's typically pricey shoe department. The store made the mistake of running a four-hour-long sale, from 8 a.m. to noon, during which all the shoes were 60 percent off. This created an intense demand among shoe lovers in the area — after all, no footwear addict could pass up the chance to get Louboutins and Jimmy Choos at 60 percent off! Even though they still cost, uh, hundreds of dollars.

As you can see from this video, things were nuts from the start, with women pushing their way in and racing up to the eighth floor shoe department. Once they got up there, it was quite a mob scene, according to customer Ricky Wilson, who arrived at 8:15:
    It was like a mob of people. People were pushing each other, getting on each other, saying, "No, that's mine" and "I wanted that shoe."
    As people finished hunting and wanted to check out, things got even worse. According to one shopper,
    The line wrapped around the floor. There were too many people. They were pushing and shoving. It was a zoo.
    Around 11:30, as the noon deadline drew perilously near, people waiting in line began to worry they wouldn't be able to pay before the markdown ended. An announcement was made over the PA system that the 60 percent sale wouldn't be extended—at noon the discount went down to just 40 percent—and that's when people totally lost their shit. Two women began to fight, and others ran from the floor as security guards moved in to try to control the insanity. They shut down the shoe section and cleared the floor completely for a time. Said one guard, "It was crazy."

Luckily no one was injured, and the police didn't have to be called. Who knows why Saks didn't just let some of the shoe fiends take their purchases to other registers in the store—or agree to extend the 60 percent deal to everyone who was already in line by a certain time. Perhaps they assumed that people could control themselves, even in the face of deep discounts, and not act like shoe-mad monsters willing to do anything for a pair of Manolo Blahniks. They won't make that mistake again!

Watch A Terrifying Mob Of Shoe-Crazed Women Lose Their Shit At Saks
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Those people should be embarrassed for themselves.

Is anyone else scared that this is what our society is coming to?

I worked in a shoe store throughout high school and college and you wouldn't believe how stupid people can get when it comes to footwear.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Is anyone else scared that this is what our society is coming to?
    nope
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

This is my nightmare . I hate shoe shopping, let alone when there's a sale and there are crowds everywhere.

I don't get what the big deal about shoes is. They're just shoes. They're not the center of the universe.

I know. I never understand the fuss over shoes.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I know someone who works in that store! Forwarding now. Will relay any juicy gossip.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

That's been my DSW for the past 3 days - an absolute fucking messy zoo. The store looks like a goddamn hurricane hit it - we can't keep it clean. Women are absolute fucking pigs; I'm embarrassed for my sex when I see them leave crap anywhere and everywhere, don't throw anything out, don't put anything back. I'm amazed. The men, thankfully, are pretty neat about things. I had some granny today chide me because I wasn't able to calculate EXACTLY 40% off the marked price down to the dollar - and this is after I went out of my way to find her goddamn size and color in the shoe she wanted. Fuck you, you wrinkled fossil.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^^ I hate fuckers like that! I had one woman roll her eyes at me and tell me I was stupid because I had to use a calculator. Ermm I have to get it down to the cent or my supervisor will rip me a new one.

I swear no markdown would be enough for me to carry on like a maniac or be trampled in the crowds. I'll wait till the next day like a sane person.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Yeah, she says to me "I thought DSW would have trained you people better than that. Don't you know simple multiplication?" Yes, bitch I do. Unfortunately, we have to smile and grit our teeth when "the public" comes up with ditties like that.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I would have asked, "Well, if it's so simple, why can't you calculate it yourself instead of being a whiny bitch?"
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by Jezi View Post
    This is my nightmare . I hate shoe shopping, let alone when there's a sale and there are crowds everywhere.

I don't get what the big deal about shoes is. They're just shoes. They're not the center of the universe.
    Jesus tapdancing Christ, jezi, you still have that avatar?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Jesus tapdancing Christ, jezi, you still have that avatar?
    Yes. And it's not going anywhere anytime soon

Decomposing zombie baby makes me giggle.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information