View Poll Results: Do you have bangs/fringe?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, bang me

36 50.70%
  • No bangs for me

33 46.48%
  • Neither, I got a Trump comb-over

2 2.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bangs/Fringe

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Bangs/Fringe

Do you have bangs? Short/Long? Thin/Thick?

Me gots some bangs... Mine are medium thick and above my eye brows. I rather look old without them but I'm in the process of growing them longer.

I can't stand guys with short bangs, though.

e.g.
    Last edited by moomies; October 20th, 2005 at 03:56 AM.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I don't like the short bangs on men either. Some longer shaggy bangs are ok if they push them off the the side or something.

But yeah, I have bangs. I've had them since I was about 11, and haven't been without them since. I currently sweep them off to the side.

Elite Member

Ooh I was just thinking about getting bangs cut in now that I don't have to shellack my hair back for dance.

I get my hair cut cheap, though, so with bacngs I'm worried they'll screw me over...plus I have the roundest face this side of the Mississippi, and don't want to look like an absolute bowlingball head.

i have light bangs that are swept off to the side. they are about right below my eyebrows.

I have them but most of the time they're clipped back, or swept off my face when I do my bedhead thing. I use them with a ponytail, for some reason I like bangs and ponytails.

I wear bangs. They just brush my eyebrows. I like bangs and pony tails, too. It's my everyday look

I've always wanted bangs. My hair is far too curly though, and I'll always be too lazy to straighten it.

I just grew out my bangs a year ago! I'd had them 14 years. I was always self-consious of my chicken pox scars on my forehead (thanks to the big bro calling me 'hole head' while growing up. But now I like them...they make me unique! My mom always said she'd like to see my pretty face without bangs covering it, so she finally got her way.

Sometimes I miss them, and I know I looked younger with them, but man, they were a pain!!!! I'm so glad I finally took the plunge and grew them out, which was not an easy task (*clippies to get them past the awkward stage are NOT stylish !).
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Default Re: Bangs/Fringe

I think that when someone has a fringe cut 1cm or more above the eyebrow line it has that Star Trek look which i HATE.
    Mine looks like this:
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

a few weeks ago i convinced myself that bangs would be a good thing. at the time, my hair was all one length, no layers, and down to about the middle of my back.

i got said bangs, and instantly regretted it. i felt like i had a mullet. the chick cut them too short (above my eyebrows) when i TOLD her i wanted them down to my nose so i could sweep them off to the side, as it were. like the pic posted above of the brunette ^^^

some of you may remember my thread in which i shared my angst over this.

now they are growing out, and i am able to barely push them over to the side. i like them with a ponytail, though. needless to say, my hair's in a ponytail every day now until they grow in more! otherwise i have brenda walsh hair, and it is not flattering.
    All this can be yours for only $19.95!

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    I get my hair cut cheap, though, so with bacngs I'm worried they'll screw me over...plus I have the roundest face this side of the Mississippi, and don't want to look like an absolute bowlingball head.
    GIRL, DON'T DO IT!!! i have a round face, too, and i hate how they look on me.
    All this can be yours for only $19.95!

Bronze Member

It took me forever to grow out some bangs I had back in 2000 and I last September my hair stylist just f'd it all up...I commented that I liked her bangs, and she stated that she would have to cut back farther to give them to me, but she was doing it as she was saying it!! Next thing I know, I have this weird ass cut with bangs that are cut way too far back for my tastes.....I totally felt like shit. It was a cute cut...but for someone else. I felt like I did back in H.S. when I had feathered hair - instead of my usual sexy feeling longish type hair. Plus, NOBODY ever said my hair looked nice after the cut...my hubby said the front looked "weird", and my best friend told me "no wonder you don't like it, it looks just like before you grew it out!" I will NEVER let her cut that short again...I was pissed and still am.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I love my bangs. I once grew them out and I hated how I looked without them. That was the only time in my life that I didn't have bangs. (I'm 22).

My bangs look like Bridget Bardot's in this picture:

it makes me giggle the way you guys call them bangs? where'd that word come from

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information