Thread: Dress yourself slim tips

Wink Dress yourself slim tips

1: Long trousers
    Ever wondered why you and a taller friend may both be the same dress size, but she looks slimmer? It's all down to height - and celebs know that one way to create the illusion of this is to wear trousers that skim the ground. When trying on a new pair, stand slightly on tiptoe in your bare feet - trousers which just touch the floor when you're standing like this are the perfect slimming length.

2: High heels
    Long trousers are one way to create height, and heels are another. The two together are the ultimate combination, in fact. A killer pair of stilettos will give you a longer, leaner line whatever you're wearing. All this plus a sexy Marilyn Monroe-esque walk - what more could you ask for? Get heel-training now!

3: Show off your best feature
    She may be the curviest ex-Spice Girl, but Emma Bunton knows that as well as womanly curves, she's got a killer pair of pins. Take a tip from her and don't be afraid to show off a slim pair of legs or arms - it will give the illusion that the rest of you is just as skinny, too!

4: Black
    It's an oldie but a goodie, ladies. Yes, you can try on an outfit in a dozen colours - and yet the one which is nearly always the likeliest to make you look slimmest is the black one. If you're getting bored of the same old safe LBD, though, add some colour with bright shoes, bags or jewellery.

5: Figure-hugging clothes
    A style of dressing which Catherine Zeta-Jones has down to a fine art. Instead of hiding underneath baggy clothes, choose ones which hug your figure - they really are more flattering. We're not talking squeezing into (or bulging out of) your outfits, just choosing clothes on the basis of a good fit - not the size label.

6: Low waists
    No, we don't mean waists so low that your stomach hangs over them (has no greater fashion crime ever been committed by British women?). We're talking trousers with short zips, that sit on or just above your pelvis bone. This is the most flattering style for bootylicious babes - the least flattering being any type of trouser or jeans that sits at waist height and/or cuts your bum in half at the back.

7: One colour all over
    One colour or pattern worn all over will usually make you look slimmer than if you combine a patterned top with plain bottom, or vice versa. If you don't like wearing patterns, wearing shades of a similar colour all over will have a similar slimming effect: think beiges worn with chocolates and tans, mint greens worn with turquoises and emeralds, and so on.

8: No spaghetti straps
    If you want to look your trimmest, don't wear tops or dresses with spaghetti straps, or if you do, wear a cute wrap, shawl or bolero cardi over them. You can still show off your arms and look fabulous, though, by wearing the Salma Hayek staple: wide straps with a V-neckline. This is by far the most flattering style for those of us with less-than-stick-thin arms.

9: Big top or bottom - not both
    None of us want to wear ultra-figure-hugging clothes all the time - but if you do plan to don anything big and baggy (combats, ponchos, gypsy skirts) then make sure that the rest of you is lean 'n' mean. Underneath an enormous ponchos, for example, you can bet your bottom dollar that J.Lo is wearing a pair of slim-fitting jeans and a figure-hugging top.

10: Magic undies!
    Last but not least, the one that all celebs swear by: control underwear. Gripper knickers are one of showbusiness's best kept secrets and they're worn by loads of celebs - even slim twentysomethings. Gwyneth Paltrow is a fan of Spanx. Pull them on and voilą - a set of A-lister, sucked-in curves can be yours, ladies!
    icircle.com

Default Re: Dress yourself slim tips

My mum has got a school reunion tomorrow and she's really nervous about it, she hardly goes out for nights out so she didn't really want to go. But I talked her into it, bought her a great new outift (for Mother's Day) and she looks fantastic in it. It's just plain black pants, high heel boots and a black and white top that gathers around the stomach creating the illusion that its the top, not the belly! and it's a different colour down the middle (looks like 2 layers) so it gives that long thin shape down the centre and makes her look really curvy! I should SO be a personal stylist!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I love thin strap tops! But what the heck are these magic undies?

They are basically a really tight pair of huge knickers, like this:

that suck all your guts in, and create a seam-free slimmer silhouette.

Never worn them myself, but Trinny and Susannah swear by them.

Spanx, the ones mentioned in the article, are kinda like a pair of pantyhose. I prefer the footless instead of the power panties b/c the power panties have a tendency to leave you unable to even think about breathing. The footless are just like pantyhose from midthigh down so you can roll them up if you need a pair shorter than midcalf. I love them, I wouldn't dare wear my gauchos without them.

gauchos?
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Kinda like baggy capris. They're REALLY trendy in the US right now, and I think were originally trendy in maybe the 70's? My mom was saying she had a pair when she was about my age. The fabric they're made out of is a very thin knit (well mine are), so they are VERY unforgiving for any imperfections.

There is no hope for me. I've been down to 118 at 5' 10 and still a size 6-8 in pants! I'm at 10-12 now at 132 and have big ol hips yet my bones are showing in my chest. I'm getting fed up! I want lipo SO bad but am too scared and no extra $.
    I like tight pants to hold me in, I have no muscle but can not ever get motivated to tone.

I honestly think that the right cut and fit is the #1 tip to looking good in clothes. Most women, thin and heavy, don't wear their right size and they end up looking like garbage. Just admit that you're the size you are - no one is looking at the label!

The girl on the left is wearing them. I sleep in them:

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect
    I honestly think that the right cut and fit is the #1 tip to looking good in clothes. Most women, thin and heavy, don't wear their right size and they end up looking like garbage. Just admit that you're the size you are - no one is looking at the label!
    I definatey agree with that. There's nothing worse that seeing someone trying to squeeze into a top or pair of trews three sizes too small. And if you are so bothered about the size label, just cut it out. I'd done that before when I didn't want anyone to know I wore a size 10 coat (UK sizing) and it was sown right into the back on the inside so that when I took off and hung it backwards over a chair people could see it.

Ladies, I have just the outfit for you

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^ I have that in red
    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2220_1.gif

Thread Information