Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of my life is near and I need an outfit

Default The end of my life is near and I need an outfit

Just kidding, I'm graduating. I can't believe it's finally here But yes.. I need advice and I know there are plenty of fashionistas here willing to help me choose the outfit I will ultimately have a nervous breakdown in. Or get really drunk at the afterparty in. Having said that, have away bitches...

I really love this dress, it's kind of '80s I know but I love the gold and the colorful print and the puff sleeves.

Commanding Presence Dress | Mod Retro Vintage Printed Dresses | ModCloth.com

And I really like the idea of adding texture and wearing some suede heels... maybe in a grey color. I like these:

Sam Edelman Women's Nivan Pump - Free Overnight Shipping on New Styles, Free Return Shipping: endless.com

But I'm going to be standing up and sitting down and walking and probably cranky and bitchy already so I thought maybe a wedge?

Michael Antonio Gezana Grey - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

I also have this pair of green Seychelles I've only worn a few times.. I might just cut my losses and wear these if I can't find anything.

The only other dresses I liked were these:

I know this isn't very graduation-y, but I love the little sailor-esque thing about this dress.

Motel | Motel Emilia Nautical Stripe Gold Button Dress at ASOS.

And I know I'm going to get shit for picking this, but I really like this dress too:

Oh My Love | Oh My Love 60's Lace Shift Dress With Fringed Sleeves at ASOS..

Either of the above with some red platform peep-toe wedges that I have. I haven't even thought about accessories. I'm so sick of browsing sites.. this is the one outfit I'm going to hate shopping for. (I've missed using the lollerskates smiley )

If I had to pick one of those dresses, no doubt it would be the nautical one, I checked it out online and it's got a cute little flair to the skirt when it moves. I would personally pair it with some hot little red heels like these Jimmy Choo*|*Quiet patent-leather pumps*|*NET-A-PORTER.COM and a fabulous clutch.

Oh, and congratulations on your graduation! Seems like just yesterday you were a freshman, time flies!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I'm with January on the nautical dress. I don't really like the first dress and the black one is cute but way too short and doesn't really feel appropriate for graduation. Maybe the graduation after party?

But whatever we say, just do what you really want to do. I find that sometimes other people's advice helps us discover what we really want even if it is the opposite of that advice.

Congratulations on your graduation!!!

Oh,oh,our baby graduates.
    Was it like yesterday she started?
    I am really proud of you,baby.
    Now,keep looking,none of these excite me.
    You can find better ones.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

i'm with you on the puff-sleeved colourful 80s one. and it would look awesome with the first pair of shoes you posted. the wedges are nice but would look too clunky with it. maybe you could wear the super high heels and then slip into something more comfortable for the party, once all the pictures are done?

i like the nautical dress but it's definitely a little too informal.

that last dress is a monstrosity and i forbid you to even look at pictures of it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I only like the first pair of shoes, though wedges are probably more comfortable for a graduation. I'm with effie, keep looking and congrats!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I LOLed at the last one, but I love the first dress. The second is great, but a little casual.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I like the nautical one the best, although I'm totally coveting the green shoes. It's nice that you're allowed to wear colour, at universities over here you can only wear black to your graduation.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Mother of God you're Graduating??

DON'T REMIND ME!!! Yes, I'm finally graduating... I'll be officially unemployed and up shits creek with everyone else in t-minus 20 days. So anxious but oddly excited.. but more anxious. But yes, I knew you guys would hate the third one... I made this thread at like 2 AM so I was just picking random crap by the end of it. I'm torn between the nautical and the puffy 80s dress.... I'll look more extensively when I get back from class. The best part is, my gown is black and my sashes are white so nothing will clash with the actual graduation gown. I'm just worried about the heat and being comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    DON'T REMIND ME!!! Yes, I'm finally graduating... I'll be officially unemployed and up shits creek with everyone else in t-minus 20 days. So anxious but oddly excited.. but more anxious. But yes, I knew you guys would hate the third one... I made this thread at like 2 AM so I was just picking random crap by the end of it. I'm torn between the nautical and the puffy 80s dress.... I'll look more extensively when I get back from class. The best part is, my gown is black and my sashes are white so nothing will clash with the actual graduation gown. I'm just worried about the heat and being comfortable.
    More choices! More choices! This is fun. Yeah, I was trying to be pragmatic but the third one...eek! There was a girl at my graduation who wore massive heels and one of the stilettos got stuck in the soft ground and then snapped off. She hobbled across the stage to accept her diploma, trying to look as normal as possible. I don't even remember what I wore to my graduation, I'm racking my brain. It was so hot that day, is all I remember.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

all of these are totally you! tough choice but I would definetly go w/ 1 of the first 2.

I love the nautical and I'm with January get red heels, You'll look fantastic whatever you wear though, you cutie you.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I like the first dress, only red shoes. And not suede, in case of rain.

Also, keep in mind Penny is short so those dresses will be longer in RL.

Penny, you will have to make an executive decision that day. Comfort may dictate wedgies. I just think that dress will be so cute under a black robe.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Congratulations on your graduation!!! The second dress is cute.

Nothing with too much fabric because you'll be layered under a poly gown (I assume) with the hood thing that strangles you and all them betches get really hot.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information