Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Spring fashion

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default 2011 Spring fashion

I hear the 70's are coming back again this spring, what other trends are coming? are you looking forward to?? would you wear???

i need a makeover and im tired of being behind the times in 'fashion' so pictures would be nice too

I love the '40s and '50s, I was so happy that it came back for a little while. Now I don't see it much anymore. I don't pay attention to high fashion, though. I either hate it, or love it and hate the fact that I'll never be able to afford it.

I've seriously seen bell bottoms are back which is so funny b/c people say they hate them, but they keep coming back!

I like classic clothing,feminine. I add in some trendy things from time to time but I don't follow the trends usually. I could see incorporating some 70s into my wardrobe
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I've seriously seen bell bottoms are back which is so funny b/c people say they hate them, but they keep coming back!
    Yeah, I saw in some mag this week that high-waisted flares are in. They are the ugliest fucking things since shag carpet, I swear.

No more 80's? Darn.

Are there more decades than the last 3? Jesus.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

the 60's for girls was so damn cute!

Yup they back:

Designers and fashion experts agree: 70s-style, high-waisted flared jeans making a comeback - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

The most popular denim styles change every year, sometimes even season to season, leaving those who wear previous trends looking, well, a little out of date. Just within the past decade we've seen boot-cut, low-rise, distressed, colored, acid wash, and skinny jeans rise and fall in popularity. We've even been introduced to surprising fads like pajama jeans and jeggings! If Spring '11 Fashion Week was any indication, the recent '80s and '90s fashion revivals have made way for a return to the 1970s.

Designers like Marc Jacobs, Rebecca Taylor, Tracy Reese, and Chris Benz all sent '70s-inspired silhouettes down their spring runways while the flared and wide-leg pants characteristic of the disco era were included in collections by Anna Sui, Tory Burch, Derek Lam, and Jason Wu to name a few. Many of these flared pants were accompanied with a high waist—a controversial style in fashion, as many feel it is not always the most flattering cut. But fashion experts are praising the style and saying '70s style denim is an inevitable trend we should embrace this year.

"This is a trend that is not on the horizon, it is happening as we speak," says Stephanie Solomon, Bloomingdale's operating vice president of fashion direction. "The best news is that yes, it is a silhouette that flatters every single woman. It’s a myth to say that it doesn’t. They make you look taller and thinner." Browse websites and hit the racks and it quickly becomes clear that '70s-style flared denim is already readily available. "Most of our jean manufacturers have offered high-waisted wide-leg jeans, and we have bought them in a big way here at Bloomingdales. J Brand comes to mind as one of my favorite styles," says Solomon, who says they’re already seeing a big interest in their stores. "As soon as you get into the dressing room and you realize you’re taller and thinner, that sale is made. It also is a very fresh looking silhouette—one that we have not seen in a long time."

High-waisted jeans can be a tricky fit, but Solomon says finding the perfect pair is about trying on several pairs and styling and wearing them correctly. She says a peasant blouse or tank top will complement the flare nicely. “The biggest mistake would be to not tuck it in, because that way you’re losing that silhouette. Once your waist is defined, it elongates the leg.” You must also choose your footwear carefully. “That flare needs to be draped over the top of the shoe, that’s important. It could be a platform, it could be a flat, but never a pointed toe stiletto. It’s the wrong balance. The shoe should be a little bit chunkier than a delicate high heel stiletto.”

Patrick Robinson, the Gap's executive vice president of global design, is also on board with the trend. “The new fit of the season for women’s denim is the wide-leg high-waisted flare," Robinson said via press release. "This style is a modern interpretation of '70s influence which is a key theme for the spring season. To enhance the sophistication of the look, you can pair it with a fitted button down blouse or a light washed denim shirt." The Gap already has several pairs of these '70s style jeans for sale.

Even if you're game for trying the new-old trend of a wide-leg, high-waisted, flare jean this season, don't give up on your favorite old jeans for comfort sake, Solomon says. As for skinny-jean devotees, Solomon adds the popular style is by no means over, but it's already not looking as fresh. She also notes that "skinny jeans are less flattering on a lot more body types than the wide leg jean." As for the future, you can expect higher waists and wider legs for months to come. "From what I can see in the pre-fall lines, this trend will continue," says Solomon. "And this is not just jeans. The pants silhouette in general is moving towards that wide flare bottom throughout the market."

Oh yay I've already got flared jeans cause I need the flared legs to balance out my ginormous ass.

^ betch im jellus

ok so I love wedge sandals guys; b/c they are flattering on me and give me the height I like w/o being uncomfortable heels, plus I live in l.a. so we can wear sandals like most of the year - so not a waste of money; so are those back/still in style?????????? I

hope so cuz I just bought 2 pairs on major sale at Aldo that i was eyeing last summer but they were full price back then. also the colors are bone and shimmering light gold - 70's colors no?! lol i dunno i really don't.

i'm always 1 or 2 seasons behind the times

Elite Member

I am NOT giving up skinny jeans. I just got into them in the last 2 years, and the only way I can make them work is with boots. Those boots cost a ton and I'm not going to cover them up with wide leg jeans, dammit!

Skinny jeans and bootcuts are all that's fricken' available wherever I shop. Nobody makes straight legged anymore.
    Over here there is a lot of 'folded over the ankle' drainpipe jeans and soft jersey skinny pants. Not to mention leggings, please go away!

Harem pants are still everywhere, I saw yesterday H&M have a line of tapered satin harems in their work clothing section. Who the heck would wear those. They were $50 as well.

Gypsy-boho is back again. Ugly long skirts. Wedges. LOTS of chiffon tops and ill fitting tunics.

Bell sleeve tops from floaty materials are popular.

The 70's needs to fucking die. NOBODY looks good in flared mom jeans.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

yeah and same w/ low rise, im sorry but i don't need my muffin top and ass hanging out of my jeans anymore and i dont even have a muffin top really its just that low-rise jeans create one by cutting into your damn hips!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyBIY1raxAo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P27_46cXd_I&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information