2010 has given us some pretty awesome trends: dapper “Mad Men” style, slouchy sweaters, and curvier models come to mind. But a few not-so-awesome trends have also emerged—the Snooki poof, denim-on-denim, and massive faux fur vests, for example.
1. Rompers and Jumpsuits: Remember when fashion magazines tried to convince us that rompers were “totally wearable” and all of a sudden the clearance racks at TJ Maxx were overflowing with them? So upsetting.
2. Skinny Cargo Pants: Not sure who thought adding a lumpy pocket to skin-tight khaki pants was a good plan.
3. The Snooki Poof: No explanation needed (at least I hope).
4. Neon: An entire spectrum of colors that truly don’t look good on anyone. Sorry hipsters.
5. Denim-on-Denim: When I first noticed fashion editorials featuring “Texas tuxedos” (jeans + denim jacket), I thought the end of days were upon us. Let’s stop pretending this looks cool.
6. Sequins on Everything: I’m all for a little sparkle, but wow, did designers get crazy with the sequins this year. Sequined hoodies, leggings, headbands, T-shirts, gym bags, and even underwear were commonplace in 2010. Have these people never heard of chafing?
7. Giant Faux Fur Vests: Does anyone else get the feeling that this vest model is actually an evil robot?
8. Leggings As Pants: I really thought we were moving past this disturbing trend, but it returned this year with a vengeance. Let’s start a new campaign for 2011: “A chicken in every pot; a layer over every legging!”
9. Saggy Pants: From exaggerated menswear styles to drop-crotch harem pants, anytime an article of clothing makes you look like you need a diaper change, it’s time to let it go.
10. Socks With Open Toed Shoes: So whimsically cute in theory. So reminiscent of my junior high PE teacher’s favorite white socks/Adidas sandals combo in real life.
Now it’s your turn! What trends would you add to the list?
10 Trends We Hope Die In 2011 | The Frisky