Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online Dress Shopping?

Question Online Dress Shopping?

Does anyone have any good sites they can recommend for buying dresses from?

I have two weddings to go to this summer. The first wedding will totally be the type where every chick is trying to look better than the next chick. I don't care if I don't look better than anyone, but I just want a really nice dress that you couldn't just go to the mall here and buy. It will basically be a high school reunion for me. I was not popular at all, even had a glass whipped at my head at a party just for dating the popular, Ashton Kutcher-lookalike, captain of one of the sports teams.
    I'm out of my "shell" now and am in MUCH better shape than I was in high school. I just want to look good, but classy.

bluefly is good. they have a pretty huge selection. iast year when my cousin and i needed dresses for a wedding we made a big order and got about 7 of them, tried them on, picked the ones we wanted and sent the rest back. they have a really easy return policy.

another place to try is the outnet.com - it has high end designers at sale prices.

what kind of dress are you looking for? evening? long? more casual and cocktaily? what's your budget?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Cocktail dress. I'm obsessed with one-shoulder dresses, but it doesn't have to be that style.

I'm only 5'4", so I don't like long dresses, plus I think it would be a bit much for the type of wedding.

I'm not sure what my budget is, to be honest. It would depend on how much I liked the item. lol

I'm intrigued by this dress. Opinions? Sometimes I have weird taste haha

Discount Rachel Gilbert Amber mini dress *|*theOutnet.com

I think this one is beautiful, but I'd have to put in a few more hours at one of my jobs to justify buying it. I really love it.
    Discount Jil Sander Fine-knit asymmetrical dress*|*theOutnet.com

i adore the jil sander! can't believe i missed that one. it's fantastic. it's a great little black dress. more expensive but you'll also get a lot more use out of it.

the first one i would like more if it didn't have the row of large rhinestones under the boob area, i feel they cheapen the whole thing. they should have used the same style of rhinestone that's on the neck area or around the boobs. other than that it's a cute dress.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That's exactly what I was thinking about the first one. If I had designed the dress, I just would have left those larger rhinestones out completely and not put anything there.

The more I look at that second one, the more I love it. It looks like one that would be form-fitting, but my little mommy tummy wouldn't be noticeable.
    Not gonna lie.... I also like to show my legs off and I think that would do so but in a classy way.

^^^
    definitely. it's sexy but still an appropriate length for a wedding. go for it!

Oh! I missed the French Connection "Fast Princess Wonder" dress the first time around. Very nice. Good eye!

You picked out a lot of the ones that struck me.

The Jil Sander is only available in a 6 (small), I have no idea if that's what size I am. hahah
    Last edited by Tati; May 20th, 2010 at 02:12 PM.

what do the measurements say?
    or try out a dress at the mall or something tomorrow to get an idea. but if you're 5'4 and judging from the pics of you trying on your wedding dress i think a 6 should be good.

I'm 5'4" and 122lbs.

I bought a dress from Bebe in the winter in a size 8 and had to have it taken in. So a 6 should probably do it. So many different makes have such different sizing, it is hard to tell.

I went to the measurements chart and it only showed if for an XXS and an XS, unless I missed something.

PS.... I want this for a summer dress....

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Bluefly fucking sucks, I used to love them until I caught them being completely full of shit with their pricing.

Nordstrom has really good sizing information on dresses so if you see something one place but want to know more about that designer's sizing check out Nordstrom.

BCBG is great. Their sizing actually matches the numbers on their size chart.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information