Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Dress Advice needed

Default Wedding Dress Advice needed

I'm getting married in October, in Vegas, and JUST started looking at wedding dresses....
    I'm 47, 5'7", size 16, with big boobs. It's neither of our first weddings, but we want to be "traditional", him in a black tux, me in a long white dress.
    He has shown me some styles he likes, and without telling him so far (hard for me...), I'm noticing that his likes are different from mine.
    My question is: Do we pick the dress WE like best, or do we choose something closer to what HE likes? I've never even considered what someone else likes, I'm very selfish and stubborn, but for some reason, I'm a little considerate of what this man likes...

I'm open to any suggestions, and won't be offended if you feel these are poor choices!

Here are a few pics of dresses I LOVE:
    My favorite, but long:

What he likes:

Most of his choices are halter dresses

I kinda like this, and it could be a compromise:

Thanks my GR friends! xoxo

fgg

you should choose whatever you like best and feel most comfortable in. he will think you are beautiful no matter what you are wearing, but you'll feel much more confident in something you like rather than trying to please him. (i can't see the pics to comment)

i think you choose what you like and what fits best. it's one thing to like a style of dress but you know best what suits your body and your style - unless your fiancÚ is one of those rare straight men that actually know about women's fashion. besides, traditionally i think the groom isn't even supposed to see the dress or the bride in it before the wedding or something.

btw, i love the first dress you posted, with the little bolero/shift or whatever that's called.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think you choose what you like and what fits best. it's one thing to like a style of dress but you know best what suits your body and your style - unless your fiancÚ is one of those rare straight men that actually know about women's fashion. besides, traditionally i think the groom isn't even supposed to see the dress or the bride in it before the wedding or something.

btw, i love the first dress you posted, with the little bolero/shift or whatever that's called.
    We've gone to a few "Balls" and functions with folks he's affiliated with, and he did help me pick out the dresses, and or patterns (for the dresses I made), all of which looked super nice on me, so this is probably the reason I'm "considering" what he likes.

One thing he DID point out on a few dresses is how he doesn't like the "wrinkles", or folds, which I really like for my figure, I'm hourglass shape, and I think those sort of diagonal "folds" would work well on me....

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    My favorite, but long:

This.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I am so happy for you! Please keep this in mind: men don't know what they like. If you are in it, he is going to love it!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Thanks everyone!

I do love the bolero jacket with ruffly stand up collar, I have long straight hair, and would probably curl it, old fashioned wave style, pull one side up with a flower.. That dress has a vintage feel to it, I'm loving it more as we go on...

I like the first one too but don't feel you have to have a white wedding dress. I think the style is important but if you are like me and white just washes you out then please go with color! Some of the most memorable weddings I have been to is the ones where the bride wore something other than a white dress.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That one really is gorgeous. It's simple but very I can't quite put my finger on it.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Many congrats! My vote is the bolero/stand up collar. I thought it was Ashley Judd. You sound totally gorgeous and I do agree that when a woman is comfortable in her clothes AND shoes, she feels like a million bucks. The way that photo is styled with the veil, the flowers and the pearls is really stunning.

Hey, I bet he'd have you wearing a lace thong, a blue garter and perfume as you walked down the aisle. You must show us what you buy.

I love the wedding dress in the first pic. Beautiful! Whatever you decide, you'll look amazing!
    Rock the fuck on!

I adore the second pic you posted, it's absolutely gorgeous. Just tell him that you really want to pick this on your own and surprise him with it in the most traditional wedding way, where he sees it as you arrive on your wedding day. Keeps with the tradition that you two are going for and gives you the freedom to choose what you like best.

If you aren't comfortable in the dress you end up with, you simply won't look or feel as good. It has to be your choice and I would hope that he wouldn't have any issue with your picking on your own.

I like the first two a LOT!! Soooo beautiful and I'm sure whatever dress you choose, you will be absolutely stunning!

Congrats!!

Add me to the list for the first one!

Congrats and let us know what you choose!

i agree that the first one is rocking. i love it! you should wear what you like & what makes you feel confident.

another thing to consider (i apologize if it's been mentioned; just quickly scanned previous replies)...halter necklines & big breasts are not the best of friends, ime. too much neck pain, even with an appropriate undergarment. that's just been my experience.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information