Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The world's most expensive handbags

Default The world's most expensive handbags

from Forbes.com - Business News, Financial News, Stock Market Analysis, Technology & Global Headline News

The Chanel "Diamond Forever" Classic Bag

$261,000

This is one item you won't want to return if you are lucky enough to get it for the holidays. Debuting in December, the "Diamond Forever" classic bag boasts 334 diamonds totaling 3.56 carats, set in 18-carat white gold hardware. The long shoulder straps are made with the same white gold. Only 13 are available worldwide, and five will be available stateside.

© Doyle New York

Hermes Matte Crocodile Birkin Bag

$120,000

Named after French singer/songwriter Jane Birkin, the bag (pictured here) is like the one sold at auction house Doyle New York. The clasp of this 30-centimeter tote boasts 10 carats of white diamonds. And its body is made of crocodile. There is only available for sale worldwide.

© Lana Marks

Lana Marks Cleopatra Bag

$100,000

Each year, Marks produces one Cleopatra clutch for retail. This year's limited edition (pictured here) is made of metallic silver alligator skin and a clasp encrusted with 1,500 black and white diamond set in 18-carat white gold.

© Leiber

Leiber Precious Rose

$92,000

The Precious Rose is precious indeed. Made in the shape of a perfect flower, the bag is made with 1,016 diamonds totaling 42.56 carats, 1,169 pink sapphires and 800 tourmalines. If you are inclined to purchase it, you'd better do it quick: There is only one available in the world.

© Louis Vuitton

LV Tribute Patchwork Bag

$42,000

Though this tote, made of 15 different Louis Vuitton patterns cut up and reassembled, has gotten mixed media reviews, the four available in U.S. stores have sold out. But 20 are available in Louis Vuitton boutiques throughout Europe and Asia.

© Gadino

Gadino Bag by Hilde Palladino

$38,470

Upon first glance, the crocodile Gadino Bag made by Norwegian designer Hilde Palladino doesn't appear to be anything special. But look closely and you’ll see the glint of 39 white diamonds strategically placed in clasps made of white gold. It’s little touches like that that give it the same price tag as an SUV.

© Fendi

Fendi Selleria Bag

$38,000

A bag like this one can be made to order with sable and chinchilla, two of the world's rarest and most luxurious animal skins. It's far from precious but big enough to accommodate necessities such as a wallet, keys, cellphone and makeup bag.

© Nancy Gonzalez

Nancy Gonzalez Porousus Bag

$30,000

Made with a rare, almost uniformly scaled crocodile skin, the Porousus Bag can be customized by color, skin, size and hardware.

© LEIBER

LEIBER Dandelion Suede Gator Handbag

$15,000

With yellow a popular spring color, this alligator LEIBER bag is sure to make a splash this season among the bag-obsessed. It comes with two external pockets and a strap as well as a clasp made of 18-carat gold. Only four have been made of this style and are still available.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

i'm a bag whore but these are all vile. i wouldn't want a single one of them even if i had millions.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Ugly, and I'm a bag whore too.

Ug but if I had to pick one I'd pick the Birkin bag.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

i want them all. i'll sell them on ebay & buy something prettier with the money.

So ugly, and not worth the price!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I get complements all the time on my Target bags. Although, I do like the Birkin Crocodile bag, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on one of those if I had all the money in the world. But, if I had all the money in the world, they'd probably give me all that shit for free anyway.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Are any of these recent? I seem to remember seeing most of them several years back.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

They're all gross, I much prefer my lovely accessorize one that my friend bought me for my birthday
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I love bags, but I'm really hard on them. I can see myself shopping at TJMaxx sometime with my diamond-encrusted shoulder bag only to look down and find a couple came loose and are now missing. Do I get automatic gem replacement insurance with one of those?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Are any of these recent? I seem to remember seeing most of them several years back.
    yup. this is old.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Those priices are obscene. Only a brandname addicted fashion victim would be so stupid as to fork over that amount for such fugly items.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A*O

Oh, I would totally spend $42,000 on the LV patchwork
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

All of them are ugly

The only one that's pretty is the yellow one, but I don't think I'd want to carry a crocodile around.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information