Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How is your daily handbag?

Default How is your daily handbag?

In attempts to make things simpler, I found a solution that really really did help me. I discovered it from Hillary Clinton, how she packs her handbag with nylon mesh bags.

My handbag/tote bag is my version of a car. I used to just have a makeup bag and everything else just flew around inside. I hate the pockets inside bags because they are always too small. I like a bag where I can unzip it all the way and see everything.

I've learned my lesson. If you ever carry this style bag, the mesh bags are so helpful.

In one mesh bag I have pens, highlighters and two tape measures. In another, a small notebook, extra phone battery and the last one has tissues, lip stuff, lipsticks, small hairbrush, hair clip. The only thing that is loose is my wallet.

Look on the website. They have black, metallic and hot colors. I only use the nylon because I like the way they feel and they are easy to keep clean.

>walkerbags> Nylon Mesh

See how Martha cleans out her bags. Handbag Day

My handbag is a disaster.. I used to 'switch out' my hangbags on a daily basis so they wouldn't get too cluttered but now I've gotten into the habit of just using one particular handbag constantly and it's a mess.. receipts, papers, mail, gum... I should really invest in these bags because they would make my bag so much more organized and easier to switch out.

I change bags probably every 2-3 weeks, and I'm always amazed at how cluttered they get in that short time. I never think I carry that much in my purse either, but somehow I'm constantly cleaning out papers and other various crap out of there.

i think I have some form of OCD. I clean my purse out daily, organize my wallet once a week. i cant stop!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I really hope that's not OCD. In my book that's just normal.
    What's the point in storing breathmints, make-up or hygiene products when they're not really fresh & clean?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    My handbag is a disaster.. I used to 'switch out' my hangbags on a daily basis so they wouldn't get too cluttered but now I've gotten into the habit of just using one particular handbag constantly and it's a mess.. receipts, papers, mail, gum... I should really invest in these bags because they would make my bag so much more organized and easier to switch out.
    I'm the receipt queen. Make let's say, the green bag, for receipts. Look in the bag, no brainer!

It's not OCD, it's bag maintenance. I love you bag maintainers!

This is a great idea. I buy handbags only if they have zippered pockets and several compartments, but they always seem to get crapped up anyway. I may order some of these.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I like mine neat & lightweight. Change is heavy,so I keep a bare minimum. I don't think I need the mesh bags,but I am going to try them anyway! Everytime I have a wait I use that to strip out receipts & assorted junkies. I can switch purses in less than a minute.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

How much stuff do you actually carry about that you need a bag? All I usually have with me is:

Phone
    Wallet
    Smokes
    Zippo
    Compact
    Lipstick
    Small hairbrush

and I can fit all of that comfortably in the pockets of my bike jacket so I very rarely carry a bag.

I'll have to suggest the small bags to Ma Kitty, though. Her bag is like a bottomless pit and it takes forever when she needs to find something in there.

I change them to go with my outfits but sometimes I just don't have the damn time. I'm pretty practical though with mine. I have all the basic necessities and nothing crazy. I have a friend who had socks and lube and a padlock in hers. Weird.

i love bags. i'm a total bag whore. i change bags about once a week, though i have a couple that are so comfy and perfect (and i can fit my laptop in there so don't have to carry a separate bag for it) that i sometimes keep using them for 2-3 weeks until i have to force myself to switch. by then my bag is also a total mess, full of receipts, old gum wrappers, people's business cards, etc.
    but when i first swtich bags, this is what i always have in there:

wallet

keys

lip gloss + blotting papers

phone

leather zip bag (like the mesh ones chalet posted but black leather) with ipod, headphones, ipod cable and a usb flash drive

my little black moleskine notebook and pen

sunglasses + case
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

*wonders how men ever get by with just a wallet and a couple pockets*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Sure, my husband gets by with just a wallet and pockets; but, the moment he need any gum/tissues/lip balm/Advil, etc., guess who he turns to?

I have way too much stuff in my purse. I try to clean it out once a week. I can't handle bags with 50 different compartments in them - I am just not that organized.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    i can't stand having anything in my pants or skirt pockets. the only pockets i use are jacket pockets. anything else is just for decoration. i just hate the feeling of stuff in my pockets, especially on pants. the most i can handle is some money (bills) and a chapstick in the little side pocket on jeans.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information