Thread: New shoes

Default New shoes

So, I just got these shoes for Christmas. They are Doc Martens.

I was wondering if there's a 'type' of dress that I could wear with them for New Year's, since there will be a lot dancing and hopping.

They look like this, but witha Pink stripe/

I was thinking tying it with something like a Bebe dress. I also found a Flamenco looking style, but I am not sure yet.

I love Docs. A fairly punk statement, but more importantly they're just bloody comfortable shoes!! (and reliable - have had mine since I was 16 and still going strong)

I know, I just got mine for Christmas.

Breaking them in with a nice sore on the back of my left foot

Oh, well.

I love them! I'm wearing my Doc Martens today They aren't boots, though. I've had them forever and they still look as new as the day I bought them! I want a pair of those boots!
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

wear them with a little short babydoll dress for the whole punk lolita look. very 90s.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I agree with sput... think 1990s Anna Sui-type baby doll dresses.. very grungy. Love it.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by JamieElizabeth View Post
    I know, I just got mine for Christmas.

Breaking them in with a nice sore on the back of my left foot

Oh, well.
    As someone who has broken in many pairs of DM's in various styles and colours I'd recommend petrolium jelly, strip plasters and a small hammer for a speed break-in. Rub a little PJ into the INNER heel area of the boot, right about the area that you know from experience it will rub you and give it a few light whacks (again, on the inside) with a hammer. The get some fabric strip plaster (not the precut band aid style ones, the long pieces you cut to size yourself) and plaster from the bottom of your heel up to maybe an inch above the point where you get rubbed. Put on some socks, lace yourself into your new boots and do as much walking as you can stand. It'll still hurt but not as badly, and they should break in a little faster.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    wear them with a little short babydoll dress for the whole punk lolita look. very 90s.
    90's? Some of us are still wearing little dresses and DM's for a night out now! I do love my black patent DM's...

Rub a little PJ into the INNER heel area of the boot, right about the area that you know from experience it will rub you and give it a few light whacks (again, on the inside) with a hammer. I know, I had to wrap gaaze around my ankle.

Zee

But once they break in- they are perfect boots. I have a pair sitting under my desk that are similar to JamieElizabeth's. I wore them to work and walked out barefoot. Have to try breaking them in with your tips.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

I am waaaay too old for this thread. I can't even imagine those boots (regardless of color) with that dress. But hey...you go for it! We've all had our trends!

I still have the cherry red docs I was wearing from the 90s.

Oi!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I have to admit that I'm being unfaithful to my DM's these days and have been virtually living in my British army boots (which was a nightmare in itself to find a pair in a size 4 and then break in) but I still pull out one of my many pairs of DM's whenever I wear a dress or a skirt.

Oh, and they other key I have found to breaking them in is to stick with it. I know that sounds obvious, but it seems like if you do a day of breaking them in and don't wear them again for a week or two while you recover it puts you back to square one. Wear them as much as possible until they are comfortable. A week of discomfort (or bloody agony, depending on how tough they are being) is worth the years of happy wear you'll get out of them once they are just right.

Just ordered these.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Just ordered these.

Those are cute! I have the poppy ones.

DR DOC MARTENS WILD POPPY FLORAL BOOTS AU 8/UK 6/EU 39 - eBay, Shoes, Women, Fashion. (end time 06-Feb-10 16:01:06 AEDST)

I've had a bear of a time breaking them in, and they are on hold until my husband gets a job and I no longer do the retail shuffle 5 days a week.
    By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity -- another man's I mean. -Mark Twain

Yea.. I wore some motorcycle boots yesterday and a nice blister is forming on the outer sole of my left foot.. I have a bad habit of walking on the sides of my feet when I step down. I can tell breaking the new Docs in is going to be painful but they were so cute I couldn't resist!

Thread Information