Thread: Rent the Runway: Couture a la Netflix!

Gold Member

Default Rent the Runway: Couture a la Netflix!

Don't want to spend thousands for a couture gown but still want to wear it? No worries! Thanks to two enterprising Harvard women, you now only pay around $50 or more to Rent the Runway and then return it in their own package! LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

"The mail-order service, which finishes the testing phase on Monday, allows women to rent dresses from notable fashion designers like Diane Von Furstenberg, Hervé Léger and Proenza Schouler for roughly one-tenth of what they would cost to buy in a retail store.
    The rentals run $50 to $200 for a four-night loan and are shipped directly to the customer’s doorstep. After wearing the dress, she puts it into a prepaid envelope and drops it in the mail. Dry cleaning is included in the price, but damage insurance costs $5, and in the case of outright destruction of the dress, the renter is responsible for the full retail price."

Smokin' with your baby

I went to their site but couldn't even look at anything. The only option on offer was to get put on a waiting list. If I ever get in, I'll post the results here.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Gold Member

Sweet, Shinola--thanks for the report! I sent them an email and it took about two days for a reply. They will auto-add you to the site and then you can browse to your heart's content! Have not placed an order, yet--need to wait for payday and an occasion but it's definitely legit. Am a bit nervous about ruining the dress, though--it would suck to have to pay full price (kinda defeats the purpose).

Thread Information