Thread: GQ: The 50 Most Stylish Men

Thumbs up GQ: The 50 Most Stylish Men

(My hero is number 2!)

GQ: The 50 Most Stylish Men: GQ Features on men.style.com

Steve McQueen
    In 1974, Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., and Liza Minnelli asked Steve McQueen to attend a fund-raiser for an actor named James Stacy, who had lost an arm and a leg in a motorcycle accident. It was a black-tie affair, and all of the biggest names in show business—Clint Eastwood, Burt Reynolds, John Lennon—were in attendance. McQueen showed up in a plaid Benetton lumberjack shirt, blue jeans, boots, and a long beard. It was vintage McQueen. The star of The Great Escape and Bullitt achieved icon status because of the girls, the cars, and the tough-guy persona. But writer James Wolcott’s description of McQueen as a “surf bum–hippie” is most fitting. McQueen was at his best when he looked like he’d just washed up on the beach. His rugged, dressed-down style—dungarees, V-neck T-shirts, wrinkled oxford shirts—perfectly complemented his dusty blond hair, china blue eyes, and hard, almost weathered features.
    The simpler the better. You don’t need bold patterns or loud colors to make a style statement. A perfect-fitting T-shirt and a great pair of black wraparound shades will do just fine.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Yes! Johnny Depp!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

PETE DOHERTY????????? thats hysterical!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    PETE DOHERTY????????? thats hysterical!
    That's what I said!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

great list! i'm glad that they took into account all these men's different styles, including the grungy or punky ones who wouldn't be considered tradionally 'elegant'.
    my fave is sir michael caine, of course. and then miles davis, yves saint-laurent and françois truffaut.

totally agree with marcelo mastroianni, steve mcqueen, david bowie, bob dylan, basquiat, bryan ferry, richard avedon, beck, yves saint-laurent, jack kerouac, johnny depp, david hockney, miles davis, gianni agnelli (there's a reason why he's on ALL the best-dressed men lists), kurt cobain, peter o'toole, sam shepard, woody allen, the ramones, robert redford, mick and keith, françois truffaut, hedi slimane... so pretty much the whole list, or almost

and yeah, pete doherty is a dirty junkie but he is pretty stylish.

i think prince charles should have been on the list, as well as roger federer.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information