Thread: Men's clothing for tall/muscular guys

fgg

Default Men's clothing for tall/muscular guys

do any of you know where to get decent looking shirts for tall & built guys? my boyfriend is 6'4" and 260lbs of muscle. he has an awful time finding t-shirts that are not douchey (read: ed hardy, etc.) or too short. dress shirts aren't usually that much of a problem because they tend to be longer to begin with. i've thrown out the big & tall store and he gets all offended there must be somewhere that sells shirts that will fit him and be appropriate for someone in their early 30s.

thoughts?

Big & tall stores. A few department stores. All of our men have to shop there-no one is under 6'2" or wears under a size 12 shoe. You can get really cute things. And they fit.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

otherwise try XXL or something

Eddie Bauer, J. Crew, and LL Bean make a lot of men's shirts in tall sizes. Not the height of style, but for t-shirts they're fine. If he has great shoulders, he'll make even the dowdiest t-shirt look good. Try the catalogs or on-line and not the stores.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    do any of you know where to get decent looking shirts for tall & built guys? my boyfriend is 6'4" and 260lbs of muscle. he has an awful time finding t-shirts that are not douchey (read: ed hardy, etc.) or too short. dress shirts aren't usually that much of a problem because they tend to be longer to begin with. i've thrown out the big & tall store and he gets all offended there must be somewhere that sells shirts that will fit him and be appropriate for someone in their early 30s.

thoughts?
    Well I am 6'5" and my shirts, suit everything fits me perfectly. I live in Toronto and we have Mexx here so shirts from them fits me. Also, I am a model for this website who makes custom made shirts for I believe $60.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bomulll View Post
    otherwise try XXL or something
    About 60% of the time, XXL is too short for my husband. Anywhere that carries XLT or XXLT is where I have to get things. He's in the process of dropping weight now just because of the inconvenience of trying to find pants or jeans that are long enough now that his waistline has inched up a couple sizes. There's all manner of stuff on the shelves of regular dept stores with waistlines bigger than his (going all the way into the 40s!), but they're obviously for short, fat dudes since the lengths are always 30-32. You would not see this in any women's store.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post

thoughts?
    My husband is 6'4" and about 200 lbs (long-distance runner). He orders talls from Eddie Bauer and they fit well.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

As a bigger guy (6'2", somewhere in the 260s, some muscle, some insulation) sizing gets completely batshit after L. It takes a lot of looking and sometimes custom stuff if nothing can be found.

Aside from dress stuff, nobody seems to make TALL versions of their large sizes. It's kind of stupid. If you get an XXL you're essentially wearing a tablecloth sized piece of fabric that's shaped like a square.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    As a bigger guy (6'2", somewhere in the 260s, some muscle, some insulation) sizing gets completely batshit after L. It takes a lot of looking and sometimes custom stuff if nothing can be found.

Aside from dress stuff, nobody seems to make TALL versions of their large sizes. It's kind of stupid. If you get an XXL you're essentially wearing a tablecloth sized piece of fabric that's shaped like a square.
    My husband is about your size and this is exactly the problem he has. Sometimes an XLT that's cut really well will look good on him. As long as there's plenty of room in the shoulders. When he's in the 230's-240's, it's a mere tad easier. I once wanted to get him this shirt that looked really awesome on the rack... The XLT was the right length but not enough room in the shoulders. The XXLT looked like a short dress. <GRR>
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Legnth is always an issue. Either the arms are way too long, too short or the torso part isn't long enough to tuck in. God help you if you have a belly too.

Same thing goes for pants.. if you're wide (just built wide) anything over a 36 waist starts to get freakish. People assume that you have this gigantic circus ass and you always end up with an extra foot of material in the seat you don't need.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Thread Information