Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Uma Thurman, Melissa George and Thandie Newton...: 'The Slap' Premiere

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    Omfg what did Uma do to her head?
    Seriously. She looks like Bendydick's alien lizard cousin.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

* speechless about Uma's new face *
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I'll watch to see my crush, Peter Sarsgaard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    Is that the chick from Home and Away?
    Yes it's Angel, who rescued me once when I blacked out (I'm sure I've told that story here before). Leave Melissa a lone!

I don't know how good the US version is but the Oz miniseries (which starred Melissa in the same role) was brilliant. I would encourage anyone to tune in just because the story is really great and the Australian production had a fantastic cast, so I'm hoping the US actors do it justice.
    arie_skop likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

^ ha I just couldn't resist mentioning Home and Away since it annoys her so much. I must have missed that story but I suppose I can leave Angel a lone.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I keep having an eyeroll reaction to the premise of this miniseries. Another adult slaps someone's kid, looks like at a family/friends type gathering. Cue the mother shrieking "You hit MY CHILD!!" and dramatic posturing.

It's all pearl-clutchy and smacks of the snowflake syndrome we make fun of here, so the commercials for this are totally annoying me.

And I think Uma is a victim of bad botox.
    Everytime I see a commercial for this show, I just have to roll my eyes. I do love the part where the one older woman said the brat deserved it!
    But yeah, it looks like a show about how the parents of the brat want to ruin this guy's life for hitting their bratty kid. I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I keep having an eyeroll reaction to the premise of this miniseries. Another adult slaps someone's kid, looks like at a family/friends type gathering. Cue the mother shrieking "You hit MY CHILD!!" and dramatic posturing.

It's all pearl-clutchy and smacks of the snowflake syndrome we make fun of here, so the commercials for this are totally annoying me.
    Thank you. Glad I'm not the only one.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

What the motherfucking hell.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'm guessing the nuances and drama might be lost on those of us firmly in the "sometimes kids deserve it" camp...

I read the wiki synopsis of the book, which described the mother of the child exactly as I thought: "[...] full-time mother to Hugo. A somewhat smothering parent who, at the same time, takes a laid-back approach to discipline. Presses charges against Harry for assaulting her child."

Creates a bratty kid, no boundaries and thinks it's ok, it's everyone else with the problem.
    Bluebonnet likes this.

“Frankly, I’m quite surprised by the conversation,” Tony Surratt tells PEOPLE. “By now I would have thought that we were all open to and knowledgeable of the role that makeup plays in the world of fashion and particularly celebrity, as a medium for creative self expression. I think that women should feel open and free to experiment with different beauty looks — it’s only makeup, at the end of the day it all washes off.”Surratt calls the look he created on Uma, “effortless Parisienne chic,” focusing on her lips and complexion. (Note: No mascara was used at all!)

“I wanted to give Uma a statement lip balanced by a more feathered brow,” he shares. “Uma and I discussed creating a look that was more editorial with soft natural lashes. As a makeup artist I’ve grown a bit tired of all of the lash-y looks and fake eyelashes that we’ve been seeing on the red carpet for some time now.” By going for bold lips, statement brows and barely-there eye makeup, “the face is sectioned into three equal parts lending a visual balance and allowing the mouth to be the star of the face,” Surratt adds.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/02/11/uma-thurman-fresh-faced-makeup-look/

Okay then.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I agree the book is well written. However it's one of those books that, while I recognise it was good, I can't say I enjoyed reading it, mostly because all of the characters in it are fucking insufferable, especially the slapped brat's fucking asshole of a mother.

also thought uma had done a Renée to her face but I saw more photos from this event and there's a close up of her face where it's clear it's not ps, just criminally awful make up. Also, while the naked eye look works on tilda, it doesn't work on uma. But the real culprit is that eyebrow pencil, it makes her look unrecognisable.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Mascara, she needs it.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

I think that Uma's look is more of a make up fail (arguable) than a botox-filler fail, which is how The Daily Mail (yeah, I know) is portraying it. Of course Uma gets botox and possibly fillers, but she does not have an overly smooth or waxy forehead a la Kim Kardashian nor is she artificially apple-cheeked a la Madonna. When compared to other pictures of Uma, the difference seems to be the make up, so it does look like Uma's different look is mostly due to choice to go the make-under route - at least in the eye area,and not the over-use of botox.

P.S.
    Ugh at me recognizing the make up guy's name as the guy who did LeAnn Rimes' make up when she sported dark purple lipstick.

That guy might want to think about his choice of vocation then.
    holly likes this.

More like the funky makeup was only done to try to distract from Botox and fillers.
    rollo likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information