Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Question: what do Gossip Rockers want to see in Famous style?

I will usually check out the section regardless of who the celeb is unless its someone I'm sick to death of at the moment.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    For whatever reason I can rarely if ever see the pictures in the fashion threads you post, azoria. I'm guessing the issue is wherever you're get the pics from, but I'm not sure, because you don't usually post source links to where you get your pics, so I can't tell if there's a pattern to certain sources or not.
    Really? You mean it just shows a a blank page without a photo? I'm baffled by that. They always show up for me.

Think you could find an example of such a page? I often remember where I got pictures from and if there is a source which doesn't copy and paste properly I won't use it again.

Or it could be my fault, I have Mozilla Ad Block and No Script so I have to go into every page to allow this or block that, and it could be I failed to allow the necessary elements for the photo to post. The Ad Block and No Script can be a real pain in the ass to sift through.

The page will load, but the photos won't. It could be an issue with my end, but I suspect it might be an issue with Zimbio, if that's who you use? I don't know, but I've had problems with them before.

To answer your original question, though, I generally look at celebs that I am a fan of or that I know usually wears something gorgeous that I want to see or I know is usually a trainwreck that I want to see. I love the fashion threads, though, so I will look at anyone, even celebs that I don't know who they are if the title has a description that grabs me.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I really like the royal fashion, especially the British Royal Family but I'll take any of them, I enjoy those threads a lot.
    I love some of the gorgeous and fashionable Chinese actresses like Fan BingBing and Zhang Ziyi, I always look at their threads. I also like stars that I think are interesting in their fashion choices like Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, Zoe Saldana, Marion Coitillard, SJP and Kerry Washington.
    Not really interested in any of the reality stars from Kardashians to those Bachelor people, unless it's for the shits and giggles.
    I did really love the Hollywood stars Halloween costume thread that was a lot of fun. I really appreciate all the fashion posts, especially during the awards season, that's a lot of work and they're always fun to look through, so thanks because I really enjoy those a lot.

I like variety. There are some celebrities I like and I will check out what they're wearing. However, there are celebrities known for dressing like shit and it always piques my interest to poke fun at the horrible outfits they wore at the moment.

While I'm tired of seeing the likes of Kim K. in her atrocious choice of clothing, I can never get enough of Zhang Ziyi and other celebrities from other countries. They seem to exude good taste to me. Not all the time though, but you get my drift...I hope.
    Rock the fuck on!

i also like those 'what was your favourite so-and-so look from her somethingorother promo tour?' threads.
    and i think it's palta who posts them but i also love the designer threads with all the runway pictures.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Mind you,I like to think if it pleases ME that alone equals 10 ordinary posters. No doubt you feel the same.
    No, you're only worth ten ordinary posters on your birthday. Otherwise, I'd say two. Four, tops!
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    No, you're only worth ten ordinary posters on your birthday. Otherwise, I'd say two. Four, tops!
    Outrageous! Ok,5.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I love them too. If I'm in a hurry, I'll check the threads of the people whose fashion I normally love. If there's a bit more time, I'll check out the rest of the people I know. If I'm dead bored, I'll look at all of them (even the reality TV people).

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    redcat - you might see street style/non- celebrity fashion here - it gets all sorts, it has pre- fall at the moment as that is what is current... Hope this helps. Fashion
    I meant celebrity casual/gym/beach looks, especially Jessica Alba, Kate Beckinsale, Miranda Kerr, royalty when they are not "on duty". I hate Lady Gaga, red carpet or not, she tires my eyes.

I love this section, I check it every day and go through all the threads (ocd i think, but regardless) so thank you for posting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I always check the 'who wore it better' threads, even if I don't know the people.
    Me too - I love these, both because they're interesting and they're a two-for-one.

Love award show/red carpet threads, either mega thread-style or individual stars. Always hoping for something really stunning or some interesting couture.

I always click on certain celebs whose style I enjoy - Taylor Swift (I'm not even a fan, but I often love what she's wearing), Michelle Williams, Marion Cotillard because I just love looking at her face, SJP.

I always click on a thread that's going crazy, because I assume it's either a fabulous trainwreck or Britney finally looking decent. For the same reason, I click on Kardashian threads often enough, but probably only about half the time - there are just so many and I don't care that much.

I love holiday collections - Celeb Halloween costumes, Christmas pics and so forth.

Royals are hit and miss for me - sometimes they're interesting, sometimes deathly boring.

Ultimately, I guess, I want to see attractive or interesting fashion; it doesn't matter so much who the celeb is. If I suspect it's a boring outfit on a celeb standing on the sidewalk or taking their dog for a walk - like a lot of the LA startlet pics often are - I tend to avoid them. Hillary Duff's skinny jeans with boots, a rocker tee, crappy hair and minimal makeup - or Kimberly Stewart's fucking yoga pants - bore me to tears. But if it's a red carpet or a press photo call I'm much more keen.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

i think the fashion section is fine the way it is now. if i have time, i click on every thread, regardless of the celebrity, especially during awards season like the oscars, emmys, etc. because i love looking at pretty gowns. other times i just click on celebs/designers i like or threads that have many posts.
    most of the time i just look and don't post a reply, though, unless i really love or hate something.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

czb

azoria, thank you for asking this question. and i do appreciate all the posters (eg, honey, dowcat, azoria) who put pics up as i am sure it is a time suck!

anyhoo, i am typically pressed for time so don't look at *every* thread, but click on a few here or there - not necessarily all english-speaker stars, probably a mix. and like trixie, i don't always comment. usually i don't get to a thread first so someone else already said what i am thinking. so sometimes i 'like' their post, sometimes i don't even do that.

so guys, please keep posting in this section!

Forgot to mention, I'll just about always click on a bikini thread, no matter who it is - curiosity gets the better of me!
    Rusalka likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information