Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Question: what do Gossip Rockers want to see in Famous style?

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    I don't think a megathread would be good for the big events, those threads move so quickly that lots of interesting or funny comments would get lost in the mix.
    I concur. Those threads are sometimes harder for me to jump in and out of because there is just too much to keep track of.

I love the variety in the Famous Style forum. I am most likely to click on a celebrity I know or suspect will be wearing something interesting, but a thread title can pull me in as well. The amount of threads I open and/or comment on has more to do with how much time I have rather than interest. Thanks to all who post them. I really enjoy having them available to peruse at my leisure.
    Sarzy likes this.

I really only look on awards nights, so I can see the dresses, or some celebrity I expect to be a train wreck.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I click on a lot of them and post on a few...I will post if they look really stupid or really pretty. I like the the big red carpet nights the most.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

For whatever reason I can rarely if ever see the pictures in the fashion threads you post, azoria. I'm guessing the issue is wherever you're get the pics from, but I'm not sure, because you don't usually post source links to where you get your pics, so I can't tell if there's a pattern to certain sources or not.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

^ @ butterfly. Same here. I view them a lot more than I comment. Why? Well, many times whatever I was thinking has already been said so I see no reason to repeat it. I also don't see any reason to comment just to say "I love it" or "I hate it" or "I have no opinion one way or the other."

So basically, my lack of comment doesn't mean I don't enjoy the threads.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Azoria - I loveloveLOVE the fashion threads! Please do NOT stop posting them.
    I get so sick of bloody Taylor Butterface Swift & the other cookie-cutter-generic-pseudo-starlets, I'd love to see more Russian/Arab/Asian (Japan/Korea/China/Philippines as well as the Indian-sub-continent/Bollywood set); I'd also like to see some native African designers/wearers but I suspect they go EU for their choices.

McJaggie, I'm afraid that I can't agree with your "don't post it just for the sake of posting it"-I was paraphrasing & if that isn't the sense of what you said I apologise- as I post Russian & other news articles because I think that some if our posters will find them interesting. IMO it would be a shame to have less, single generic appeal because (again IMO) a lot if the appeal is the diversity of this place. I know that we do have a lot of US members and that probably the current posting US membership equates to more than the "rest of the world inc EU/AUS/NZ" posters.

Unfortunately ly I have little time these days do frequently look but don't comment.
    I also adore the fashion week posts where we have lots of shots of a collection.
    Lalasnake likes this.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Azoria - I loveloveLOVE the fashion threads! Please do NOT stop posting them.
    I get so sick of bloody Taylor Butterface Swift & the other cookie-cutter-generic-pseudo-starlets, I'd love to see more Russian/Arab/Asian (Japan/Korea/China/Philippines as well as the Indian-sub-continent/Bollywood set); I'd also like to see some native African designers/wearers but I suspect they go EU for their choices.

McJaggie, I'm afraid that I can't agree with your "don't post it just for the sake of posting it"-I was paraphrasing & if that isn't the sense of what you said I apologise- as I post Russian & other news articles because I think that some if our posters will find them interesting. IMO it would be a shame to have less, single generic appeal because (again IMO) a lot if the appeal is the diversity of this place. I know that we do have a lot of US members and that probably the current posting US membership equates to more than the "rest of the world inc EU/AUS/NZ" posters.

Unfortunately ly I have little time these days do frequently look but don't comment.
    I also adore the fashion week posts where we have lots of shots of a collection.
    I meant don't post it trying to guess what others will like. Just post what looks interesting and even if only 2 posters like it.then job well done.
    I am fond of any royalty from anywhere threads. I just want to see the clothes! Stop trying to guess what people will like and throw it out there! Even if you brighten one persons day that is enough.
    Novice and dougie like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I meant don't post it trying to guess what others will like. Just post what looks interesting and even if only 2 posters like it.then job well done.
    I am fond of any royalty from anywhere threads. I just want to see the clothes! Stop trying to guess what people will like and throw it out there! Even if you brighten one persons day that is enough.
    Yes and Yes!

i LOVE the fashion threads too. if i have time, i look at all of them, if not i gravitate more toward some names than others.
    the teen/tween stars i've never heard of don't really interest me. taylor swift might be the only exception but only because i like what she wears sometimes.

my fashion favourites, or who can at least be counted on to wear something interesting and not the usual generic hollywood crap: TILDA of course. cate blanchett. anna wintour. camilla belle. alexa chung. julianne moore. january jones. michelle williams (not the TLC one). chloe sevigny. marion cotillard. charlize theron. helen mirren. carmen dell'orefice. elizabeth olsen, increasingly. also the olsen twins. at least they're never boring. jenna lyons.

kate middleton just because it's fun to make fun of her for being so consistently boring.
    Novice and Honey like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

I click on familiar names -- those I know will usually be stunning or completely butt-ugly, longer threads b/c that usually means it is gorgeous or truly hideous, who wore it better and a few others here or there. I don't generally look at those people I've never heard of, unless there are a lot of responses.

Elite Member

I usually visit all threads even I have no idea who are those people. I like the posts about the Middletons, mostly because of the comments. I always click Anna Wintour bc I need to check the shoes, the Herve Leger threads, just out of curiosity if there is another bandage dress. I find the royalty threads entertaining and I think they attract many visits even if some of those people are virtually unknown(at least to me). Our former king and queen are in their 90s , their eldest daughter is in her 60s, no kids, quite boring.
    I would like to see more street-style photos, not just red carpet.

I pretty much look at them all, starting with the big names or folks I like. Must admit though that the Royals of any country leave me cold and are by far my least favourite.

Please post some Russian zelebs, I bet they're tacky as fuck!
    choozen1ne and Beeyotch like this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

redcat - you might see street style/non- celebrity fashion here - it gets all sorts, it has pre- fall at the moment as that is what is current... Hope this helps. Fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Yes and Yes!
    Mind you,I like to think if it pleases ME that alone equals 10 ordinary posters. No doubt you feel the same.
    MontanaMama likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by azoria View Post
    So who/what do you want to see?
    I love seeing the recaps of the runway shows, I love seeing the high end fashion spreads and all the recaps of the movie premier red carpets . During Award season seeing the red carpets recaps is one of the things i enjoy the most about the shows.
    Makisa likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information