Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Nicole Kidman in Armani - Oscars 2017

the weird clapping explained (we were right, it was the ring): lol

Nicole Kidman explains Oscars 'seal clapping'

Nicole Kidman has explained her 'awkward' seal-like clapping during the Oscars ceremony last month.
    The Australian star saw videos of the moment spreading across Twitter the day after the awards, with many users wondering if there was something wrong with her hands.
    'Anyone see Nicole Kidman clapping? She claps like a seal. Awesome,' wrote one user.
    'Little known fact about Nicole Kidman - she is in fact half sea lion,' another tweeted.
    'Nicole Kidman doesn't know how to clap' soon became a trending topic on various social media sites.
    The 49-year-old star was also compared to The Grinch - an evil cartoon character whose fingers extend in an unusual way.
    On Wednesday, Kidman gave an interview to an Australian radio show, explaining that her unusual clapping was all down to expensive jewellery.
    'It was really awkward! I was like gosh, I want to clap, I don't want to not be clapping, which would be worse, right?' she asked. 'So therefore I'm clapping but it was really difficult because I had a huge ring on that was not my own so it was absolutely gorgeous and I was terrified of damaging it.
    'It's like, is there not more important things to be focused on than the seal clap? 'They're putting it on the big screen at Sea World with an 'urgh, urgh, urgh' thing - it's just not fair!,' she said, imitating a sea lion sound.
    Kidman wore 119 carats worth of Harry Winston diamonds at the ceremony, including a cluster diamond ring.
    - See more at: Nicole Kidman explains Oscars 'seal clapping'

Nicole is so peculiar, but that's funny. I don't really blame her. I can't imagine being in the same room with 119 carats of Harry Winston diamonds, much less having them on my person.
    Kittylady likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

fgg

it would have looked at least normal to clap with her hands slightly twisted (cross clap).
    Waterslide likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

What an elegant lady!!

^

Great, another troll. What fun.

i figured it was the ring she was wearing, so did other people, but still, even if i clapped like that i don't think my fingertips could slant outwards that way to the degree hers did. i thought it was photoshopped at first.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information