Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Monagast Royal Family, Monaco Day

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Oh,yes...it was in that book by a photo man that vanished mysteriously..No one knew a thing about Niarchos too..
    Wow. Maybe that is what turned Princess Grace to the bottle. I did read that in the 60s and 70s she started to drink more. I honestly, truly believe that she didn't really think about what she was getting into when she accepted Prince Rainier's marriage proposal.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

I think she liked the package,be a princess and shit,there might be more promises,who knows..She surely was an alkie by the time she drunkenly flew over the cliff...

She wasn't drunk then, but she was such a glutton later in life that she died of a stroke.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

She did have hypertension and was on meds for it.
    I guess she turned to food for comfort.

I thought Grace had a car crush off the cliff with a teen Stephanie in the seat next to her.I think she died a day later,no?She was already fat and an alkie..

A*O

Theories that Steph was actually driving, hence her guilt ridden wild child behaviour ever since.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I've heard the theories about Stephanie as well. She and Prince Rainier took her death harder than Princess Caroline or Prince Albert it seems.

There are also many witnesses saying grace left drunk and screaming and in tears after one of many rows..who knows..

There are also many witnesses saying grace left drunk and screaming and in tears after one of many rows..who knows..
    I can believe that, effie. Stephanie sounds like she was a handful from the day she came out of the womb. I do remember reading somewhere that Princess Grace rarely spanked her or disciplined her like she did Albert and Caroline.

I heard she abused all 3 of her kids,blaming them for having to have them,of all things.She thought she could escape if she didnt have any kids.I think she tried once or twice but she had no choice..she never left with all her kids with her..no,i am not into grace and grimaldies at all,but i confess to onassis gossip following.

I heard she abused all 3 of her kids,blaming them for having to have them,of all things.She thought she could escape if she didnt have any kids.I think she tried once or twice but she had no choice..she never left with all her kids with her..no,i am not into grace and grimaldies at all,but i confess to onassis gossip following.
    Oh, I'm totally into the Grimaldis - they are too much - too tacky, too trashy, too tragic.
    Grace's parents were nuts - forcing their children to be uber competitive with each other and quite critical of Grace, who was not as athletic or as robust as her siblings. She had man issues because of her dad, who was a first class prick. And her mother was not much better. And they were old school and did not spare the rod with their children.

She entered that marriage still thinking that she could convince Rainier that she could be Princess of Monaco and make films - and he shut her down - hard. And I thought that she knew that if she ever left him that she'd never get custody of her children - supposedly this Nicole Kidman movie makes it seem like she didn't know? (I have not seen it yet).

They tried to show Rainier as this sad old man who was devastated by his wife's death, but he was awful to her at times. And cruel to Prince Albert, who clearly is a fucked up person.

I met Albert at our 2004 Olympics,he was quite charming,very polite and ever so slightly gay..he could switch from english to french at lighting speed and he was perfect at both..yes very charming..there was rumours he actually celebrated his father,s death and some palace official said he was only celebrating his new position ..

A*O

People forget that until Rainier/Greek Billionaires transformed Monaco into the glamorous, sophisticated, exclusive tax haven for the super wealthy we know today, it was a tinpot little principality ruled by a very minor and obscure family who many other Euro royal families still don't consider to be "royal" at all. As their wealth and self -promoted status grew so did their delusions of grandeur. It was an illusion but Grace fell for it. She put Monaco on the map. If she really thought her new royal status would allow her to continue working as a movie actress, especially in the 50s when blue bloods would have regarded it as little better than being a whore, she was badly mistaken. Sometimes Americans just don't get it, and this was a good example IMO.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    If she really thought her new royal status would allow her to continue working as a movie actress, especially in the 50s when blue bloods would have regarded it as little better than being a whore, she was badly mistaken. Sometimes Americans just don't get it, and this was a good example IMO.
    From what I have read, Grace's father strongly disapproved of his daughter acting from the very beginning and likened it to "a slim cut above streetwalker." I think she just did what she wanted in that regard, until she crossed swords with her husband.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    From what I have read, Grace's father strongly disapproved of his daughter acting from the very beginning and likened it to "a slim cut above streetwalker." I think she just did what she wanted in that regard, until she crossed swords with her husband.
    Whenever Grace received good critical reviews for her film performances and the press would ask Grace's dad about it, he'd always manage to talk about what his other kids were doing, somehow minimizing her accomplishments. Rainier would belittle her too, even though as A*O said, she did play a role in putting Monaco on the map.

But why do the other Euro royal families look down on the Grimaldis, when some of them have loads of skeletons in their closets? Why are the Grimaldis only Serene Highnesses, where other royals are Royal Highnesses? I do find monarchies interesting, but I don't always understand the protocol?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information