Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Keanu Reeves & Alexandra Grant - LACMA Art + Film event LA

The part that interests me the most — and I imagine others as well — isn’t that Ms. Grant, who is in my opinion quite striking, is 46. It’s that she looks 46. And not just Hollywood’s version of 46.Gabrielle Union, Eva Mendes, PenÚlope Cruz and Victoria Beckham are also in their mid-40s, but money, trainers and sure, good genes might have you think otherwise at a glance.
    That's it in a nutshell, societal expectation/pressure for women of normal means to look exactly like these older hollywood ladies does no one any good. I wish not having any intervention would be just as okay as getting PS, instead of being akin to "letting yourself go".
    Sarzy, sputnik and crayzeehappee like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

czb

i wonder how she feels about being called out in a NYT op piece. if next time we see her and she had dyed hair, we'll know the answer.
    Waterslide likes this.

I'd like to say she shouldn't even read these opinions but a NYT op is hard for anyone to ignore.

Maybe her career will take off as a positive. But damn. We all need to chill the F out.
    czb and twitchy2.0 like this.

It is actually quite ridiculous how much fuss has been made everywhere over a man dating a woman who is near his own age and who doesn't dye her hair.

It's like people being impressed that Pierce Brosnan stayed with his wife after she became fat. It should just be the norm, not viewed as something only exceptional men do.

The fact that it’s viewed as exceptional should tell us something about how long we still have to go, despite the biddies trying to convince us we live in a post-feminist society. It’s actually kind of fucking depressing.
    ConstanceSpry, Sarzy, czb and 5 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

i remember when that news anchor in the 90s - kathleen sullivan? - let herself go grey and she was in her 30s. oy, so much criticism. so yeah, not much has changed. anderson cooper gets called a silver fox. kathleen was called unattractive.
    sputnik and ConstanceSpry like this.

Pierce Brosnan is kind of exceptional. His father abandoned him and his mother when he was an infant. He was raised for a while by his grandparents. He married Cassandra Harris, had a child with her and adopted her two children. Lost her in 1991 to ovarian cancer at the age of 43 (he was 38). Met Keely Shaye Smith in 1994 and married her in 2001. They have two children together and always seem super into each other in public.

So, he had a messed up childhood, makes his living in an industry that seems to treat relationships as a series of publicity stunts, and has apparently been a level-headed stable partner. That kind of trajectory has always been interesting to me.
    tulip likes this.

Well it's the childhood abandonment issue that stands out. That probably has everything to do with it. Plus losing his first wife to cancer had to be a huge blow. Don't let go of a good thing, he seems to have grasped that message that life walloped into him. Poor guy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information