Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Keanu Reeves & Alexandra Grant - LACMA Art + Film event LA

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I bet she wouldn't look older than him if he stopped dyeing his hair too. Funny how the beard has plenty of grey but the hair is Travolta-black from root to tip.

I've always been on the fence about Keanu, but I really like this couple and hope they make each other happy.
    He may not be dyeing his hair. Husband has dark hair and his facial hair went gray in his 50's, way before the hair on his head.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    He may not be dyeing his hair. Husband has dark hair and his facial hair went gray in his 50's, way before the hair on his head.
    That's what is happening to me -- the hair on my face has gone gray way faster than the hair on my head. I stopped shaving for Movember and I am way overdue for a haircut. I'm going to end up looking like Serpico's crazy uncle.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    ..Movember
    said Mo of Movember fame.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

I agree she reminds me of Lilly Tomlin too. She has made it pretty big in the art world and looks so much better without the grey hair. Her doughy figure also makes her look a bit old. I would have never guessed she's only 46. I say let them be happy and love in peace.

I wouldn't call her doughy, especially considering she's not a celebrity or actress so she's not under the same expectations to look super fit. I think it's the dress being droopy and generally unflattering in these pics.

But I mean, I don't feel good criticizing people who don't choose to be in the spotlight, like the spouses or partners of actual celebs. I hope they take it for what it is, just irrelevant strangers gossiping on the internet, of no consequence to their real lives.

**I see the Lily Tomlin resemblance too.
    czb, Nevan, crayzeehappee and 4 others like this.

czb

^^^ ita.

she's not a model or actress. she's an artist who just happens to be dating someone famous. different standard. *shrugs

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    That's what is happening to me -- the hair on my face has gone gray way faster than the hair on my head. I stopped shaving for Movember and I am way overdue for a haircut. I'm going to end up looking like Serpico's crazy uncle.
    Yep, husband used to have long hair and and a whitish mustache/beard. I talked him into shaving all the facial hair and it took 20 years off him. And after shaving, someone told him he looks just like Ozzy Osbourne with the long hair, so he left skidmarks on the way to the barber and has had short hair ever since.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    But not one single grey hair on his head? I know guys whose beards are more grey than their hair, but Keanu’s is boot polish black with not even a silver thread. At his age I don’t buy it.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

But not one single grey hair on his head? I know guys whose beards are more grey than their hair, but Keanu’s is boot polish black with not even a silver thread. At his age I don’t buy it.
    If you look at his sideburns you can see his roots coming through. I think it’s picture number two.

I love grey hair, I think it’s edgy and I wish it hadn’t turned yellowish every time I tried to dye my hair grey ^^’
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

He did have a few grays, but not many and you could not see them unless you looked very, very closely. They didn't show up in photos at all.

I appreciate Keanu dating an age appropriate woman, but I'm going to be a total bitch here but whatevs. She's the same age as me. She makes me look like a teenager!!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty View Post
    It's been driving me crazy trying to think of who she reminds me of - Lily Tomlin!
    I was about to say her face reminds me of Lily Tomlin too!

ETA: I can't see any grey in his hair. And he doesn't seem the type to dye his hair.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

My best friend is starting to get the odd grey in his beard but not a single one on his head (Source: I was tidying his long hair for him this morning and looked and called him a bastard for it because he's 5 years older than me)
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

even the NYT is writing about her and celebrating the fact that she's ok with looking her age.

Opinion

If Keanu Reeves’s Date Can Embrace Looking Her Age, I Can Too

The actor’s rumored girlfriend Alexandra Grant is inspiring me to feel more comfortable with getting older.
    By Ali Drucker
    Ms. Drucker is a writer covering pop culture, sex and relationships.

• Nov. 6, 2019

Alexandra Grant and Keanu Reeves attended the LACMA Art and Film Gala on Saturday.Credit...Emma McIntyre/Getty Images

The actor Keanu Reeves stepped out on the red carpet at an event on Saturday, holding hands with his longtime friend, the visual artist Alexandra Grant. When photos appeared online on Monday, the pair sparked rumors of romance and, predictably, Twitter users were ecstatic.
    Many observers are thrilled that Mr. Reeves, 55, is the rare Hollywood leading man dating someone “his own age.” “Of course Keanu has an age-appropriate girlfriend,” the writer Britt Hayes said in a viral tweet echoing a typical response to the news. “He is a Good Man.”
    This assessment is a bit of a stretch, as others have noted; at 46, Ms. Grant is almost a full decade younger than the actor. “Keanu Reeves has won an Olympic medal for dating someone ‘age appropriate,’” the former congressional candidate Saira Rao tweeted.
    But when the alternative may have been a lifestyle similar to that of Leonardo DiCaprio — a man whose dating track record suggests a belief that women have a shelf life just shy of 25 years — dating age-appropriately in itself seems like a low bar to clear, yet sadly, worthy of praise. And while Mr. DiCaprio is an easy punch line, he’s certainly not alone. Jeff Goldblum, Alec Baldwin and countless others have paired up with women significantly younger.

The part that interests me the most — and I imagine others as well — isn’t that Ms. Grant, who is in my opinion quite striking, is 46. It’s that she looks 46. And not just Hollywood’s version of 46.Gabrielle Union, Eva Mendes, Penélope Cruz and Victoria Beckham are also in their mid-40s, but money, trainers and sure, good genes might have you think otherwise at a glance.
    Would we have had the same fawning reaction had Mr. Reeves stepped out with one of them? At the LACMA Art and Film Gala on Saturday, Ms. Grant was showcasing a luminescent smile and what appears to be her natural, silver-gray hair. Also to my delight: a few noticeable wrinkles — a rarity in Los Angeles.

No, she’s not his age. But if I’m being honest in a way that perhaps verges on impolite, she looks like she could be close to it. And that matters. A few years ago, you’d never catch me writing about a woman’s ability to “pass” for her age, but now as I’ve entered my 30s and have a few lines of my own that even fillers can’t reach, I’d love to stop thinking of the discussion around women and getting older as a transgression.
    After all, don’t all adults walk around this earth looking plus or minus a few years of our actual age?
    A part of me feels decidedly anti-feminist writing about another woman’s appearance, but we don’t move the conversation forward by pretending the natural outward signifiers of age should never be noticed, discussed or even celebrated. I desperately want to see wrinkles and gray hair as an objectively good thing (look at these lovely markings of your full life on this planet!), or at least as a neutral thing, but the truth is I don’t yet. I’m getting married next year, and much as many brides search around for a hair stylist or makeup artist they like, I’ve been comparison-shopping for plastic surgeons who can do my Botox just right.

I’m not afraid of getting older. I’m afraid of looking older. And to deny that, as embarrassing as it is, would be counterproductive to the many other women my age who feel the same way.
    I know the root of my attitude is part vanity and part internalized misogyny, but it also comes from the way the world tends to view and treat middle-aged women — as past their prime, as desperate cougars trying too hard, or worse, as invisible.
    But attitudes are changing, and I hope I can change along with them. Last year, I watched Jamie Lee Curtis thrill me to my core in “Halloween” and then take to Twitter to celebrate that the movie had the biggest box office opening with a leading actress over the age of 55. I’ve witnessed a Kathryn Hahn career renaissancedeserving of just about every award. I watched Jennifer Lopez, 50, defy gravity and make the fur coat A Thing again while playing a stripper in “Hustlers.” And just this Sunday, I saw Jean Smart, 68, electrify every scene she was in as the Silk Spectre in HBO’s “Watchmen,” where she wields an absurdly large blue dildo and has sex with a much younger man.
    Middle-aged and older women, long portrayed as sexless and relegated to wise, maternal roles, are slowly but surely beginning to gain some pop culture representation that reflects the dynamic, complex and sexy figures that they are.
    And that’s why this possible romance between Mr. Reeves and Ms. Grant feels meaningful. It matters to see a woman who possesses physical attributes that dermatologists, hair colorists and targeted ads on Instagram have long told me to change, cover up or prevent before they get worse. It would be nice to live without that burden, but for now it’s almost as nice to watch others do so.
    For a time-tested public figure like Mr. Reeves to proudly stand there, beaming, with a woman who appears not to be in a battle against time sends a message to the rest of us that perhaps we can put down the snail mucin salves and jade rollers ourselves. It says you can be both desirable and look exactly your age. That’s the representation I’d like to see before I look in the mirror.
    Ali Drucker (@ali_drucker) is the author of the forthcoming “Do As I Say, Not Who I Did: All the Sex Advice No One Tells You Before You Go to College.”
    The Times is committed to publishing a diversity of letters to the editor. We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here are some tips. And here’s our email:letters@nytimes.com.
    Follow The New York Times Opinion section on Facebook, Twitter (@NYTopinion) andInstagram.

Correction: Nov. 6, 2019Because of an editing error, an earlier version of this article misstated Alexandra Grant's artistic concentration. She is a visual artist, not an audiovisual artist.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information