Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Katie Holmes wears hot pink bikini in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    On Sleuth! Let it out!!!!

if she didn't have all of tiny tom's cash I might feel sorry for her as getting undressed by the pool & getting on a sun lounger isn't easy. However I'm so cynical I think that she set up the shots herself....
    i don't hate the bikini.
    Are you trying to get me banned? I'll bottle it up until I find the perfect ban bus outfit. Gotta go out in style. *roar*
    Novice likes this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

not everyone has amazing skin genes; i have that pasty, easily wrinkled/stretchmarked skin, too. i don't see what the big deal is. i see people irl like this all the time. it looks a lot better than botched plastic surgery, imo. *shrug*

and, if you think a wrinkled stomach is disgusting, i hope you have incredible genes, eat well/exercise regularly forever, and have a great therapist. you can't keep a perfect body forever.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Add: Don't smoke! You would not believe what that does to the skin/aging process. Wanna look old sooner than you would otherwise? Smoke.
    rollo and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Gold Member

I'm not bothered by the loose skin but her belly button freaks me out.
    manningmsj and southernbelle like this.

I think with all her money and fashion line people expect her to be better put together but she really doesn't care.
    southernbelle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    There are pictures from a few years ago (when she was even thinner) where the loose skin looked a lot worse. She looks fine here and I don't see any reason why she can't wear a bikini. Besides, my eyes are always drawn to her legs. One day they look toned/muscular, the next they're tree trunks wearing ugly elfin booties.

Her belly button has always freaked me out, though
    I've never seen it before but I 'me freaked out too!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Add: Don't smoke! You would not believe what that does to the skin/aging process. Wanna look old sooner than you would otherwise? Smoke.
    Haha! In out family it's sun. I used to smoke (but stopped because of vanity), my sister is/was a "sun worshiper". With her bad blond dye job (Madonna-blond from brunette - never looks good IMO) so looks much more than 2 years older than me. I never thought about it but I work with a lot of women who are a similar age & they all thought that I was 10 yrs younger than I am ( maybe they all need their eyes testing???).
    So I think that smoking, sun damage and being extremely thin are all aging factors.
    manningmsj likes this.

I think she looks pretty average, genetics probably played a role. She doesn't seem ashamed of anything and that's great, she probably saw this with her mom and sisters (if she has any sisters) as well. It looks like she has some nice muscle tone under her skin.
    manningmsj likes this.

^^^^ She has three sisters. She attended a premiere with one of them (Nancy, I think) years ago and she was a bit on the heavier side. Her mother looks tall and fit, but I think her sisters are all much heavier than she is. Can't remember what her brother looks like. In any case, I think she is actually the anomaly in her family being so thin. I've always wondered if she's just naturally that way or if she works hard for it, but I think she just got the lucky genes. Loose skin and stretch marks are a small price to pay. With the exception of her thick legs and outie belly button, she really did hit the jackpot in her family's gene pool. She may be a monotonous robot, but she's a good looking woman. I also think despite the non-elastic skin, she looks really good for thirty five.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I can't agree that she's "good looking" and think that she looks fairly average for 35.

I think that's the issue here, that she's average. Movie-star/celeb standards have been set decidedly high and far above the norm--we've been trained to expect more of a "wow" factor. When we get average we're disappointed.

Plus with Katie she's not all that likeable after the weird Cruise debacle so I'm not inclined to cut her slack and think "oh she's just like us normal people."
    Novice and BelledeJour like this.

Was she likeable before? She wasn't on my radar...

She wasn't bad. The complete 180 of her personality after Tom is kind of exaggerated. I've followed her career since the very beginning (I had a borderline pathological obsession with Dawson's Creek and yes, I'm ashamed enough that I sometimes still find it hard to look my children in the eye) and she was never all that fascinating. She was definitely the least interesting actor in the cast. She was "cutesy," and moderately charming, but not especially funny or memorable in interviews.

I've always tried to cut her some slack because Josh obviously once found her worthy and she was apparently smart enough to be accepted into an Ivy League college (she deferred Columbia once she got her role on DC), but I can finally admit that she was basically always kind of "meh." I have heard that pre-Tom, she was always very sweet to fans. Michelle was shy and kind of standoffish, the Beek was a dick, and she and Josh were apparently always happy to take pictures and chat with fans. So there's that.

But yeah, she was never very special.
    Last edited by manningmsj; January 4th, 2014 at 02:37 PM. Reason: trigonometry fail
    southernbelle likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Pedant alert- 360 is a complete circle, which would mean exactly where one started.

It's 180.
    manningmsj and chartreuse like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    So I think that smoking, sun damage and being extremely thin are all aging factors.
    I smoke but stay out of the sun and only a prolonged bout of dysentery is going to make me thin. Does this mean that I'm doomed to only be fairly attractive?

As for Kool Aid Kate I think she looks fine. She's a normal woman just getting on with her holiday, not giving a fuck.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

She was always pretty and "natural" rather than glamorous, but she tried too hard and ended up looking ridiculous.
    manningmsj and Beeyotch like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information