Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Kate Middleton & Prince William - Keswick Market Place

Unpopular opinion...the first jacket looks very Pat Nixon to me. And buttony. So many buttons. It looks like what fussy, uptight people in the 50s/60s/70s wore when they had to be outdoorsy. In other words, I could see Charles wearing it. I don't mind the ruffly top and sweater, but that is some Stephanie Vanderkellen shit, but I'm into that.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Is it freezing in England right now? She got a blouse, a sweater and a jacket!
    It’s about 10C at the moment - my heating went on yesterday it was so cold.
    Up to then it had been around 20C....

Like turkeys voting for Christmas! I know they are supposed to be apolitical but when you travel across the country, you can't exactly ignore the elephant in the room.

Re: the excessive buttons, both Kate and Meghan are said to model their clothing on Diana when buttons were a thing in the 1980s and (unfortunately) 1980s fashion is back to some extent. There doesn't seem to be much original fashion anymore. Besides (as constantly stated) Kate has a uniform and it's not her job to be a fashion icon although she is meant to promote British items.
    Last edited by rollo; June 12th, 2019 at 05:40 AM.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I don’t see any diana in either pat nixon or meghan markle.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Unpopular opinion...the first jacket looks very Pat Nixon to me. And buttony. So many buttons. It looks like what fussy, uptight people in the 50s/60s/70s wore when they had to be outdoorsy. In other words, I could see Charles wearing it. I don't mind the ruffly top and sweater, but that is some Stephanie Vanderkellen shit, but I'm into that.
    I’m with you. I fail to see what’s so great or special about this outfit. It’s yet more of the same, the Pat Nixon country edition.
    Waterslide and crayzeehappee like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ There are loads of websites doing side-by-side comparisons with what Diana wore. I'm not that invested in their clothes. I think Meghan's Mirror is absurd.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I’d never thought about it really but you’re right. I found the websites.
    some of the comparisons with Kate are really stretching it (they both wore red dresses that look nothing alike!) but I do see the similarities in their propensity toward fussy twee shit that would suit either an 8 year old or an 80 year old but shouldn’t be worn by anyone in between those ages. Except diana at least mixed it up occasionally with a mini dress for the evening and some showier and more modern pieces, whereas pat Nixon rarely ventures beyond geriatric except when she’s wearing her bland horsey country shit. Poor pat really needs a style intervention, as her clothes get more geriatric, she gets skinnier and older looking and it’s depressing.

Some of the comparisons with markle are a stretch but on the occasions they’re not, she does updated diana way better than kate, because she takes inspiration while ditching diana’s twee fussiness and giving us a far more modern version.

pat nixon vs diana:
    https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebr...-diana-photos/

meghan vs. diana:
    https://www.townandcountrymag.com/st...dressed-alike/
    palta and Waterslide like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She is grimacing and laughing too much and too heartily lately and it bothers me somehow..she does look a lot older too.I think she should fix her eating plan and relax ..she has nothing to prove.
    sputnik, fgg and lindsaywhit like this.

She looks really old. Like 15 years older than her age

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    She is grimacing and laughing too much and too heartily lately and it bothers me somehow..she does look a lot older too.I think she should fix her eating plan and relax ..she has nothing to prove.
    Yeah she does look older (which is sad) but I really like how she is so emotive especially when it with the kids - I find it endearing. However the photographers do seem to catch the worst of her expressions.
    crayzeehappee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    It’s about 10C at the moment - my heating went on yesterday it was so cold.
    Up to then it had been around 20C....
    Pffttt. Amateurs. Us folk in Iowa don't need coats til 4C.
    Novice likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Pffttt. Amateurs. Us folk in Iowa don't need coats til 4C.
    Lol! My heat is set on a thermostat so it switched itself on. It it’s around 80% humidity in my house for some strange reason.

Will needs chap-stick and face moisturizer.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

^^Haha, I was just thinking yesterday when I saw that close-up pic that his lips are so dry. Blech.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    You're not alone, Effie, it bothers me too. She started this last year, and at first I thought it was a good thing, that with Megs taking some of the heat, she was relaxing into her role as future Queen Consort. Unfortunately, now it looks a bit brittle, and with all gossip about the slutty ex-friend Marchioness of Ch..., whatever, I mean this skinny bitch:

The pressure on Kate is enormous, and if Wills is wandering, it becomes obscene. Yes, I know wandering willies are a Royal tradition, but it was hard enough to keep things discreet 100 years ago - in 2019 every person with a cell phone becomes the paparazzi.

Stop smoking, eat a little more, and take the kids to Mom & Dad's place for a long weekend, Kate.

i don't think i'd really seen any photos of the marchioness of chumcunt. it doesn't help that the dresses better too. that gown is glorious, love the hair too and the bitch has a natural ease that contrasts with pat's prim/prissy demeanor. kate should poach her stylist, ASAP
    witchcurlgirl and needmeds like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information