Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Joaquin Phoenix with his mother Arlyn and his sisters Summer, Rain and Liberty

I had a crush on river as a kid, then I stopped liking pretty boys with girly features and started lusting after Joaquin. He'd get it. Even if I have to get in line behind his sister and Air Quotes.
    Jazzy likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    He'd get it. Even if I have to get in line behind his sister

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

Sweet shot. Love the attitude.
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

I think if River had lived he'd probably look like Johnny Depp now, ew.

Looking at the rest of them, I agree that there might be some truth to the rumour that he was from a different father. What a fugfest!
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Well, the family did live on a commune, correct? Some sort of cult? It would not surprise me if Mother Phoenix rode someone else's pole.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Well, the family did live on a commune, correct? Some sort of cult? It would not surprise me if Mother Phoenix rode someone else's pole.
    Children of God.
    Warning the description of the cult is beyond disturbing
    They encouraged sex, just sex all the time with anyone. Children were encouraged to "seduce" adults and family members, parents had sex in front of their children. River said during an interview he was celibate from age 10-14 after "losing his virginity" at 4.

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    Children of God.
    They encouraged sex, just sex all the time with anyone. Children were encouraged to "seduce" adults and family members, parents had sex in front of their children. River said during an interview he was celibate from age 10-14 after "losing his virginity" at 4.

Why weren't his parents prosecuted? I knew that this cult was rife with sexual abuse of children, but had no idea that any of the members of the Phoenix family had publicly admitted to being abused (although it sounds like he didn't call it abuse).

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    I know I have to get in line behind his sister but i'd still do him.
    That's some funny shit.

Children of God.
    omg, wut???????
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Gold Member

Children of God were/are super creepy. Rose McGowan and her family were in the cult at one point but left because of the child sex trafficking stuff.
    I watched a video a few years back where she talked about Children of God (I think it was on Howard Stern? Possibly filmed in the late 90's?) and she said that one time - over a decade after her and her family had left the cult - they left a bunch of her childhood toys and clothes on her front porch and it was their way of letting her know they'd been keeping tabs on her.

In the same interview, I believe I recall her saying that shortly after her family left some old man (I think she said his name was Pepper?) showed up at their house and tried to break in and bring her and her siblings back to the commune (which was based in Italy. By this time she and her family were living in the US).

Weird stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Taedium View Post
    Children of God were/are super creepy. Rose McGowan and her family were in the cult at one point but left because of the child sex trafficking stuff.
    I watched a video a few years back where she talked about Children of God (I think it was on Howard Stern? Possibly filmed in the late 90's?) and she said that one time - over a decade after her and her family had left the cult - they left a bunch of her childhood toys and clothes on her front porch and it was their way of letting her know they'd been keeping tabs on her.

In the same interview, I believe I recall her saying that shortly after her family left some old man (I think she said his name was Pepper?) showed up at their house and tried to break in and bring her and her siblings back to the commune (which was based in Italy. By this time she and her family were living in the US).

Weird stuff.
    That is freaking creepy as hell.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    I think if River had lived he'd probably look like Johnny Depp now, ew.

Looking at the rest of them, I agree that there might be some truth to the rumour that he was from a different father. What a fugfest!
    I get that vibe also..I don't think he would have aged particularly well, he was looking a bit rough at 23.
    On the flip side There truly is a beauty in dying young and being forever remembered that way, He would be 45 now....ie Marilyn Monroe vs Elizabeth Taylor.ha

Hit By Ban Bus!

Btw this Children of God stuff..is beyond creepy..I literally got shivers and goosebumps reading about it. Ewww.

Children of God.
    Holy Mother of God...that IS sick.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post
    Btw this Children of God stuff..is beyond creepy..I literally got shivers and goosebumps reading about it. Ewww.
    Yeah there's so much more but it's a rabbithole I don't want to know about. I got a little deep and it was too horrifying and just disgusting.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    Probably from another father.
    It seems pretty dang obvious, doesn't it.

The whole family ultimately left the Children of God cult and the mother divorced her husband. The childhoods of those kids had to be completely screwed up. No school, child trafficking, uprooting themselves constantly as the authorities started coming after them, living in horrible conditions in new places all over the world, putting the kids on the streets to dance and sing for change, it's not really a mystery why River and Joaquin did so many drugs.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information