Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Jennifer Lawrence & Darren Aronofsky in New York

What is it that Hollywood ladies see in this guy? Is he that awesome? I find him grossly unattractive.
    BITTER likes this.

They look like father and daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    What is it that Hollywood ladies see in this guy? Is he that awesome? I find him grossly unattractive.
    I'm not saying he's attractive, or that he isn't a jerk or an asshole, and don't quite want to stick up for him, but he did direct some good movies like Requiem for a Dream among others, and he's creative, and also managed to get through Harvard and AFI, so he's got a few things going for him. It's not like she's dating the Eddie Cibrian of the directing world. Well, not yet at least. So that's my guess anyway...

My issue is that a) this relationship looks forced and/or fake and b) that people keep saying she needs something from him to advance her career when that does not at all seem to be the case. I still say if her career dried up tomorrow, she's still had a better acting run than ten of her peers combined.
    czb likes this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

I'm binge watching Parts Unknown (Anthony Bourdain) and just saw the episode with Aronofsky. He requests they go to Madagascar so that's where they went.

I won't say Aronofsky was a douche because he wasn't. Exactly. But something about him rubbed me the wrong way. There is crushing poverty there and of course rather primitive rituals that include killing live stock. He opted out of watching the ceremony (for the meal being prepared for them) and went off in the woods to take pics of monkeys. He's a vegetarian so obviously he had a hard time but there was more than once where he kind of looked away or literally walked away to avoid actually seeing what goes on there.

Also, he seemed to advocate American ideas of helping like eco tourism and the like, something the folks there are not interested in. They don't want to be the help. He came off a bit tone deaf and a little unwilling to really watch/listen. Like he (or the western world) has all the answers. He's a creative type so I guess it's not so weird that he would rather take pics of monkeys and romanticize the situation but IDK, you wanted to go there dude. Watch. Listen.
    Waterslide and greysfang like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

^Interesting. I've been pacing my Parts Unknown episodes out so I either don't remember that episode or more likely I haven't seen it yet. Actually, all of that behavior sounds extremely irritating to me. I could see all of that about eco tourism and him coming off tone deaf, etc. along with roaming around romanticizing all of it, too. Let's put it this way. He's not my type, but I just was throwing a few possibilities out there as to why Hollywood women might find him remotely interesting.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Elite Member

She needs to procreate with him so we can see if the baby will look like both Rachel's and Natalie's
    BITTER likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information