Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Jennifer Garner & kids pushing their cat in a stroller

czb

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Oh my god.
    That reminds me of something I witnessed in my late teens. I was staying at my boyfriends (at that time) split level house. He lived upstairs. He wasnít there at that time. There was a raccoon outside of his door, doing some weird hissing sound. I went to another window to wait for him, and to let him know there is a raccoon outside of his door, and to be careful coming up. Well, he didnít come, but the man who always walks his two German Shepardís was getting closer to the house. I yelled out the window that there was a raccoon outside the door, and if he can get it down. He didnít get the raccoon. He sent up his two German Shepherds to maul that thing to death. The sounds from the squealing raccoon, and the growling from the dogs gave me nightmares for a while. After the raccoon was dead, the guy knocked on my door asking for a trash bag to throw it away. He did. But I was left to clean up the blood.
    To this day I realized it didnít have to go down like that. I could have just waited to it to go away. I didnít think the guy would let his dogs get to it either.
    Wow, I would never knowingly hurt a raccoon. We haven't had trouble with them in MANY years. They seem really calm and docile. I remember posting a video here a while back where we had accidentally trapped a humongous raccoon instead of the groundhog we were aiming for. I would also be concerned about my dogs getting rabies from mauling one.

Speaking of raccoon squealing sounds, one of the worst, eeriest sounds I'd ever heard was when I was painting my mom's bathroom, and every time I went to a certain area of the bathroom, I heard shrieking above me (attic). It really freaked me out because I had no idea what animal was making the sound. We ended up hiring a professional pest control guy and found out it was a family of raccoons living up there.

czb

i don't think raccoons are docile at all. i've seen them around and they can be vicious. but even so, i can't see siccing dogs on one. ick.

Yeah, I think people's individual experiences with them can vary. I've had a number of experiences with them and they've never been aggressive. I remember posting some pics a couple months back of an injured raccoon that was hobbling back and forth between my neighbor's house and mine. A lot of injured animals become more aggressive when they feel vulnerable, but this guy was like "hey, help me out guys."

Now, groundhogs. Those guys are little assholes. I will punch one right his freaking face. Eating my vegetables. Trying to dig under my house. And when you get one in a cage, they completely spaz out - as opposed to the raccoon, who is like "hey, can we make this a win-win situation?"
    sprynkles and weathered1 like this.

This thread has taken a very depressing turn.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Wow, I'm sorry czb. That's heartbreaking.

And I'm sorry you had to see that, pinkbunnyslippers.

Raccoons are very cute from afar, but at best, they're menaces that will knock your garbage over and ruin your gardens. They end up as roadkill a lot and I hate to see them injured, but they are also scary and aggressive in their own right. I haven't had too many terrible run ins with them, but I also keep a safe distance because they carry disease and will bite.

Coyotes are scary. I was on my patio one night just getting some fresh air before going to bed and I wondered why there was a dog trotting down the middle of the road without a leash and realized a split second later it wasn't a dog. I didn't do anything, but it kept watching me and as it went down the road it kept turning around to look at me. I looked it up when I went in the house and I guess if they turn around to look at you, they're considering doubling back to attack. I mean, I literally was just minding my own business and if it did come back, I could have gotten back inside, but it was unpleasant.

My cat is part Maine Coon, so says the vet after looking at his xrays, and he lived outside in my neighborhood for months as a feral cat. We could never find the owner and he kept coming by our house so we'd feed him and eventually brought him inside. When I look at the old pictures of him, I want to die, because he looks so thin. We brought him to the vet to get him checked out and to find out if he had a chip, which he didn't, and he hadn't been neutered either which is odd with what's supposedly an expensive cat. He is so big now. 18 pounds, but within his normal weight range for his breed. He used to run outside sometimes and I would flip out because I was afraid he'd leave and go back to the wild or he'd get taken by the coyotes. I honestly don't know how he survived out there for so many months. But I got him a harness and he won't walk in it. He just lolls around on the grass. If I carry him outside he meows his head off until I bring him back inside...maybe he thinks I'm going to turn him loose? But I'll be honest, I did go straight to chewy to check prices on cat strollers when I saw those pics. I think he might like traveling in style and getting some fresh air. They have some for $70-$100 which doesn't seem outrageous to me for something that is pretty OTT, but I wonder if he's too big for them. I think he'd be a little weirded out at first but he absolutely loves people and when the doorbell rings, instead of running and hiding, he comes to the door to see who's come to visit him. I think he'd love the attention. I love how Jennifer's cat is just chilling in there with his/her human servants pushing him around.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    sorry.

Elite Member

I've been woken up at night by foxes fighting. Sounds like a woman screaming. Very scary and weird.

We could start talking about cheese.

I like this pic way better than the ones of Assfleck and his woman child with their poor dogs.

But that cat looks like it wants to cut a bitch. Which, is partly what I love about cats.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i don't think raccoons are docile at all. i've seen them around and they can be vicious. but even so, i can't see siccing dogs on one. ick.
    Where I come from, they’d rank up there with dirty animals, like opossums,bats and rats. I was afraid of all of them. As I got older, I realized they are not as bad as people made them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Wow, I'm sorry czb. That's heartbreaking.

And I'm sorry you had to see that, pinkbunnyslippers.

Raccoons are very cute from afar, but at best, they're menaces that will knock your garbage over and ruin your gardens. They end up as roadkill a lot and I hate to see them injured, but they are also scary and aggressive in their own right. I haven't had too many terrible run ins with them, but I also keep a safe distance because they carry disease and will bite.

Coyotes are scary. I was on my patio one night just getting some fresh air before going to bed and I wondered why there was a dog trotting down the middle of the road without a leash and realized a split second later it wasn't a dog. I didn't do anything, but it kept watching me and as it went down the road it kept turning around to look at me. I looked it up when I went in the house and I guess if they turn around to look at you, they're considering doubling back to attack. I mean, I literally was just minding my own business and if it did come back, I could have gotten back inside, but it was unpleasant.

My cat is part Maine Coon, so says the vet after looking at his xrays, and he lived outside in my neighborhood for months as a feral cat. We could never find the owner and he kept coming by our house so we'd feed him and eventually brought him inside. When I look at the old pictures of him, I want to die, because he looks so thin. We brought him to the vet to get him checked out and to find out if he had a chip, which he didn't, and he hadn't been neutered either which is odd with what's supposedly an expensive cat. He is so big now. 18 pounds, but within his normal weight range for his breed. He used to run outside sometimes and I would flip out because I was afraid he'd leave and go back to the wild or he'd get taken by the coyotes. I honestly don't know how he survived out there for so many months. But I got him a harness and he won't walk in it. He just lolls around on the grass. If I carry him outside he meows his head off until I bring him back inside...maybe he thinks I'm going to turn him loose? But I'll be honest, I did go straight to chewy to check prices on cat strollers when I saw those pics. I think he might like traveling in style and getting some fresh air. They have some for $70-$100 which doesn't seem outrageous to me for something that is pretty OTT, but I wonder if he's too big for them. I think he'd be a little weirded out at first but he absolutely loves people and when the doorbell rings, instead of running and hiding, he comes to the door to see who's come to visit him. I think he'd love the attention. I love how Jennifer's cat is just chilling in there with his/her human servants pushing him around.
    Thanks. Yeah, it was pretty bad. I was around 16 or 17. I’m now 40, and still feel sad and guilty. I have never seen a coyote in real life. I’d be scared. I heard about them killing or injuring cats and dogs.
    Your cats sound cute. A fluffy, cuddly ball. He’d probably like it in the cat stroller.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Where I come from, they’d rank up there with dirty animals, like opossums,bats and rats. I was afraid of all of them. As I got older, I realized they are not as bad as people made them to be.

Oppossums aren't dirty animals. They actually are good to have around as they eat ticks and fleas and do not carry and spread rabies.
    sputnik, sprynkles, czb and 6 others like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yes, they are important little creatures and they very rarely carry rabies.

I saw a teenage oppossum Saturday in my yard. He was soooooo cute.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    yes. just awful. my kids still talk about it. and when my poor neighbor (the dad) posted about it on ND, people called it FAKE news. when i piped in and said it really happened, people pushed back on me and said how do you know the cat was killed by a coyote? it could've been a hawk. um, my kid saw the cat in the coyote's mouth.

people are crazy. they will defend a wild coyote but call the cops on a black birdwatcher. the world has spun off its axis.
    People have lost their damn minds. My mom asked her neighbors to either keep their cats in or put bells on them because, where my mom lives, the cats were killing off the birds and baby bunnies daily. Her neighbor said his cats didn't do stuff like that. I've seen my own dogs kill a rat, animals do weird shit.

We live in coyote country. See them several times a month and hear them more often than that.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Yeah, I think people's individual experiences with them can vary. I've had a number of experiences with them and they've never been aggressive. I remember posting some pics a couple months back of an injured raccoon that was hobbling back and forth between my neighbor's house and mine. A lot of injured animals become more aggressive when they feel vulnerable, but this guy was like "hey, help me out guys."

Now, groundhogs. Those guys are little assholes. I will punch one right his freaking face. Eating my vegetables. Trying to dig under my house. And when you get one in a cage, they completely spaz out - as opposed to the raccoon, who is like "hey, can we make this a win-win situation?"
    Oh, man. I guess you don't like Chunk the Groundhog on Instagram!! It's a whole groundhog family!

I love opossums. I used to feed one in Miami Beach. I fed the stray feral cats that lived near my building. one night I noticed an opossum just appeared at the feeding circle. so cute.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information