Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Jane Fonda in Balmain: Hollywood Film Awards (11/1/2015)

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I don't mean she should let her body/fitness/health go, she should let go the "competition" of being the prettiest thing on the red carpet. She still has that urge.
    Should she show up in orthopedic shoes and a granny dress? This dress is hideous, but she looks great for her age. She looks great for my age. When we see boobs and ass, then I'll complain.
    witchcurlgirl, gas_chick and Brah like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Should she show up in orthopedic shoes and a granny dress? This dress is hideous, but she looks great for her age. She looks great for my age. When we see boobs and ass, then I'll complain.
    Noooooooo, that's not what I meant either, sigh. It's her - I don't know how to put it - competitiveness comes closest.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

What the fuck is she wearing? She looks amazing but holy crap that's a shitty outfit
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think it may be made of toilet paper.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Also, she's not spending any money on her red carpet outfits. None of them do, designers are falling over themselves to dress celebs for free. Also, why should she stay home playing with her grandkids when she's got a tv show to promote and when she's still working and still in great health? She's got money and could retire if she wanted to, she obviously doesn't. I don't understand why that's a problem?
    gas_chick and Brah like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

^^^ i don't get it, either. and jane was born <1948 so that's probably not the issue.

I meant to watch this months ago and forgot about it. I wanna see it. I love Jane in Newsroom.

And yeah, obviously she's hot. The outfit sucks but she don't give a frap.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

With Jane it has less to do with her age than with her character. Looking good for her was always an obsession with the fitness and the eating disorders, she has a competitive yet insecure personality. I personally think it is kind of sad, though, that at an age where one could or should be secure about oneself, she's still competing and now with much younger women. I don't mean she should become a slob, gain 100 pounds and never leave the house again, but stop feeling the need to show what a fantastic body (with new boobs after 70 and tight face thanks to the countless facelifts, not due to her L'Oreal "Because I'm worth it" products) you have over 70. She does, whether it's fake or not, whoopteedoo. She's just beginning to come across like Madonna, who also still wants to show how youthful she is. It's unneccessary and after a while it just gets sad. (And yes, I'm much younger and much less in shape than Ms. Fonda, but I'm fine the way I am).

^Jane in 2005, before several of her facelifts, but also after several of her facelifts.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

By George she's got it and I'd damn well flaunt it to even if some of it is store bought. Good for her. She's getting damn good work done.
    czb likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Anybody who gets plastic surgery should use her doctor.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

My great aunt was a showgirl in her youth and looked fabulous until the day she died (at 99). What's wrong with feeling fabulous, and looking fabulous, even at an older age? Why give it up because there are younger women? I don't see it as her trying to compete, I see it as her still looking fucking fantastic, and dressing how she likes. I don't see her in the same category as Madonna at all. Maybe if she was out on the red carpet with a grill on, but all I see are ugly pants.
    sprynkles, czb and sputnik like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information