Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Ice Dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White at the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games

Her face,what is wrong with it,looks like a Japanese theater mask..
    Beeyotch, Belt Up, stef and 2 others like this.

Ice dancing is ridiculous and shouldn't be an Olympic "sport." And just to be more mean, yeah she is really weird looking. She looks like one of the Disney princesses (Jasmine?) but not in a good way --- exactly like a cartoon face come to life.
    BITTER and louiswinthorpe111 like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She does have a strange face. I don't think she's ugly, but she's not really pretty either. She's just rather odd looking, but on the cuter side of odd.
    BITTER and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    ^ And apparently he has been for several years, which seems like an odd couple to me, but maybe it makes more sense if you know them personally.

Davis and White publicly deny romantic feelings between them, but I very often get the feeling that she has deeper feelings for him, even if he doesn't share them. She gives him a lot of unreturned gazes.
    I've noticed that too. During the medals ceremony she kept looking up at him but he never once looked down at her. Poor girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    I'm sorry but her face is so completely distracting I never got around to looking at him. Her eyes are so far apart she reminds me of a hammerhead shark with her hair up. Hair down suits her much better.

Also, I don't know much about technical merits of ice dancing or skating but I do know I was bored with their routine to "I could have danced all night." I mean, My Fair Lady is just so blah in the context of ice dancing, and her costume looked matronly.
    Yes!!! Her face is just so weird looking! That hammerhead shark description is hilarious. I was trying to think of what she looks like. All I could think of is that she kind of looks like a praying mantis.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23 View Post
    I'm starting to have the biggest crush on him. He was on the Today show yesterday and just looked so yummy.
    He was great in "The Dukes of Hazzard" too!

Beeyotch, teforde23 and Belt Up like this.

They're both in long term relationships, not with each other.
    Laurent likes this.

I do always notice her watching him but I think it's because they want the public to keep guessing. I've seen a couple of pics where he is staring lovingly at her too so who know. I think they lost their virginity to each other then probably decided to just be f-buddies. Or at least that's what I would do if I was her

LOL you guys, NO! Part of ice dance is having a "connection", the idea that there's romance going on between the two partners. That used to be a big critique of their skating and why they were behind Tessa and Scott constantly, so they got acting coaches and ballroom professionals and choreographers to really work hard on that for them. It took a lot of time and effort to create that illusion. And the post Olympics relief has allowed them to relax and be genuinely happy like they haven't been in years, they're more emotional than I've ever seen them.
    Laurent likes this.

^ I believe you, I just keep seeing her giving him these glances when they're off-ice that he doesn't necessarily reciprocate and it made me wonder.

They aren't ice dance, but I used to wonder if Volosozhar/Trankov just pretended the romance for show, but I believe they're honestly googly eyed for each other. If they are just faking their connection, they're really, really good at it.
    Rusalka likes this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I actually watched this and it's pretty much the only thing I've seen of Sochi so far. I was really underwhelmed by them, it's thought the Russians were way better. The Canadian couple kinda sucked too, they were technically very good but everything from their outfits to their music was lame and generic and already done a million times.

My favourites were the Russians and then the Frenchies who finished 4th I think and had the little prince themed dance. Plus, frenchy man skater was hot and speaking of chemistry, they have it and I would totally believe they're fucking.
    Rusalka likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

The French are my favourite. They're smoking and have really creative dances. Canadians were way boring, I agree. And Volosozhar and Trankov are not faking in the least.

Are the frenchies fucking? Because the looks and touching they were giving other at the end of their routine looked like a prelude to foreplay.
    Laurent and Beeyotch like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    And Volosozhar and Trankov are not faking in the least.
    Lucky woman. He's smoking ass hot. Best looking man in the sport, imo.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Are the frenchies fucking? Because the looks and touching they were giving other at the end of their routine looked like a prelude to foreplay.
    They used to be but then Nathalie was in a long term relationship with Tomas Verner:

Although I think they've broken up, but I'm not sure. The Frenchies do bring the chemistry, don't they? Fabian is ridiculously hot, and not a total brat with no perspective outside the figure skating world. He grew up in Ethiopia because his father was a doctor who went on humanitarian misions around Africa, bringing his family with him. So the fact that Fabian realizes there's a world outside and he's lucky to have the life he has? Bonus points.

Fabian is the hotness. It's the first time I've ever thought a skater was attractive. And yeah the chemistry between them was palpable.
    Rusalka likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information