Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Gwyneth Paltrow in a black triangle Goop bikini

  1. #16
    Elite Member LaFolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    floating...
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Typical asshole reply. I was obviously talking about the message board, but you chose to make it all about yourself. And how do you know I'm to be pitied? Maybe I have a similar successful life (which is not true, but how would you know?).

  2. #17
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    19,025

    Default

    Let's not call each other asshole please. It's not nice.

    I would take her bod any day. I have never had super tight legs like hers. Even as a 110 pound 15 y/o, I have always had the inner thighs that nearly touch and a little cellulite on the backs of my thighs. Let's not even talk bout them at this age. Lol. I think she looks healthy and in good shape.
    gas_chick and nico like this.

    Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

  3. #18
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Wow, you have a lot of anger. I know where I am in terms of the message board, I'm quite aware of celeb "bashing" but I think it's also clear you're in the minority. She's got a great body. Meh, move on.

  4. #19
    Elite Member lindsaywhit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,265

    Default



  5. #20
    Elite Member LaFolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    floating...
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    You were the one who chose not to move on and to make personal attacks (that's how "I pity you" read to me - awfully condescending). Then you cemented it by rubbing your success in my face, as if that was relevant. I don't know, I've seen people criticize Charlize Theron's legs for being untoned or some shit while they look real fine to me, but I didn't resort to acting all superior. Just thought those people had different leg standards and that was all (and unlike Paltrow, she's never bragged about how great her body looks publicly).

  6. #21
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    25,523

    Default

    No need to pity LaFolie, she's hot. But she lives in a country and among a population group of people who would consider what is probably a statistically average person (in her country, which is way fitter than the US) an overweight or obese one. And even a person a few pounds overweight or with a visible extra inch as "fat". It's something she's discussed on here many times as ridiculous and annoying.

    Hell, where I live (US south) I can be downright overweight as hell (30-50#) and people won't even call me fat and balk if I refer to my own self as such because there's so much obesity/morbid obesity here. I told LaFolie if she moves here people will probably try to feed her.

    Standards are different everywhere. That is probably what she meant (what I took from it anyway) when she made the comment about not knowing where you were. You were the one who had a hissy fit over it and started talking about yourself and ranting at a person you don't even know.
    witchcurlgirl and Brah like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  7. #22
    Elite Member whitetigeress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West coast of Canada, eh
    Posts
    2,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrowFilla View Post
    Um, ok? "Ideally" you only have skin folds while bending over? Mid-forties with 2 kids but still? I feel nothing but pity for you and what you must see on yourself and other people. She has a naturally blocky body with no waist, but she's fit. She obviously works out, has muscle tone, eats well, etc. She's on vacation in a bikini, has probably had a couple of drinks and an actual meal, and people say she probably has a fat roll when she bends over?! She could even be a size 4 instead of 0! OMG horror.


    Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    ^I guess you don't know where you are, sweetheart! Hello, this is a Hollywood star who's held up to different standards than us mere mortals.

    I pity you, asshole!

    Well..... bloody fuk
    All THAT......................................over goop's stomach??!!! Are you two fukin kidding me??

    Filla, though I do get what youre saying, it wasn't nice to say you pity her. You can clearly see why she would go on the defense.
    Jolie, the fact you let a stranger's word... just a mere word "pity" create such ire within you shows how quite sensitive you are. Just a wee bit too quick to go on the defense when really ..............its NOT ... THAT ... IMPORTANT !!!
    Like I said to you in another post when you let two men's comment about you affect you. You did it again! You let a stranger's comment affect you. Taking it WAY too personal. Now.... I am and will always be the first to applaud outspokenness. You've got spark in you girl and I do like that.
    Just try to pick your battles. Strangers? Hell no, not worth your time of day. The people you care about, yes... those are the ones you set straight. Demand they treat you with respect in order to get some back. You get me?

    Now.... back to my point.... this is GOOP we are talking about !!!! WHOOOOOO CARESSSSSS ?!!!
    Imo, her belly is neither big nor small. It's a fukin belly.

    Next
    sprynkles, nico and lindsaywhit like this.

  8. #23
    Elite Member sprynkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the salon
    Posts
    19,025

    Default

    lindsaywhit likes this.

    Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

  9. #24
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    37,880

    Default

    I say Goop would love all this fighting about her stomach.

    lindsaywhit, czb and sprynkles like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  10. #25
    czb
    czb is online now
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    13,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    ...

    Filla, though I do get what youre saying, it wasn't nice to say you pity her. You can clearly see why she would go on the defense.
    ....
    saying 'pity' might not have been nice, but calling Filla an asshole wasn't so great, either.

    but i must say going on and on about Goop's belly 'fat' is kinda ridic.

    i'm with GC, goop would pop a serious boner if she knew she caused a fight. she would point and laugh at we plebes.
    gas_chick likes this.

  11. #26
    Elite Member LaFolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    floating...
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    No need to pity LaFolie, she's hot. But she lives in a country and among a population group of people who would consider what is probably a statistically average person (in her country, which is way fitter than the US) an overweight or obese one. And even a person a few pounds overweight or with a visible extra inch as "fat". It's something she's discussed on here many times as ridiculous and annoying.

    Hell, where I live (US south) I can be downright overweight as hell (30-50#) and people won't even call me fat and balk if I refer to my own self as such because there's so much obesity/morbid obesity here. I told LaFolie if she moves here people will probably try to feed her.

    Standards are different everywhere. That is probably what she meant (what I took from it anyway) when she made the comment about not knowing where you were. You were the one who had a hissy fit over it and started talking about yourself and ranting at a person you don't even know.
    Thank you, you're a sweetheart <3
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Well..... bloody fuk
    All THAT......................................over goop's stomach??!!! Are you two fukin kidding me??

    Filla, though I do get what youre saying, it wasn't nice to say you pity her. You can clearly see why she would go on the defense.
    Jolie, the fact you let a stranger's word... just a mere word "pity" create such ire within you shows how quite sensitive you are. Just a wee bit too quick to go on the defense when really ..............its NOT ... THAT ... IMPORTANT !!!
    Like I said to you in another post when you let two men's comment about you affect you. You did it again! You let a stranger's comment affect you. Taking it WAY too personal. Now.... I am and will always be the first to applaud outspokenness. You've got spark in you girl and I do like that.
    Just try to pick your battles. Strangers? Hell no, not worth your time of day. The people you care about, yes... those are the ones you set straight. Demand they treat you with respect in order to get some back. You get me?

    Next
    You're right, I did let myself carried away. I could use bad PMS as my excuse, but it's true that I'm easily triggered ("pity" being a strong trigger word for me, as I have lots of mostly misplaced pride). I still think that Browfilla, a member who's not on my radar (and I don't think I'm on hers) and thus knows nothing about me, acted like a childish bitch. But I shouldn't have let it get to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I say Goop would love all this fighting about her stomach.

    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    saying 'pity' might not have been nice, but calling Filla an asshole wasn't so great, either.

    but i must say going on and on about Goop's belly 'fat' is kinda ridic.

    i'm with GC, goop would pop a serious boner if she knew she caused a fight. she would point and laugh at we plebes.
    It did get ridiculous, I'm responsible for that.

    However, do we plebes even exist in some part of her consciousness? Not sure. At least, that's the image she sells.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

  12. #27
    Elite Member whitetigeress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West coast of Canada, eh
    Posts
    2,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post


    Dayum....I feel like a Queen with a throne...................................NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!



    [QUOTE=gas_chick;3569065]I say Goop would love all this fighting about her stomach.


    Exactly !!!






    [QUOTE=LaFolie;3569091] You're right, I did let myself carried away. I could use bad PMS as my excuse, but it's true that I'm easily triggered ("pity" being a strong trigger word for me, as I have lots of mostly misplaced pride). I still think that Browfilla, a member who's not on my radar (and I don't think I'm on hers) and thus knows nothing about me, acted like a childish bitch. But I shouldn't have let it get to me.


    Honey, pms means get the chocolate and enjoy it ! (without guilt)
    It's good that you recognize it as a trigger but you failed to avoid a negative reaction.
    And you.. did ...it... again lol
    You just said you shouldn't have let it get to you yet in that same line you resorted to another attack by calling her a childish bitch.
    fyi.... calling her asshole and now calling her childish bitch is a childish reaction (which is what czb pointed out)
    Let it go.
    Stop going on the defense and attacking. Breathe girl. BREATHE! Let it go. Love and light. Give it and receive it.
    I'm only saying this because if I didn't practice this myself I'd be ripping a head off a day, rest aka drink for the weekend and start all over again Monday.
    sprynkles likes this.

  13. #28
    Elite Member LaFolie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    floating...
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    ^Hey, I only said she acted like one, not that she was one. I've acted like a bitch a few times myself but deep down I'm not one (or maybe I should be? I mean to the right person in the right circumstances).

    Do you practise yoga? I tried it once, but instead of relaxing, I was getting stressed out. Someone I know told me she knew the instructor, and while nice, she wasn't the right one for me as she experienced the same feelings (even though, as I said, the instructor was a real nice lady).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: June 23rd, 2017, 07:40 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2014, 10:46 AM
  3. Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop probably broke the law
    By Honey in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 24th, 2009, 09:39 PM
  4. Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP a copycat?
    By mrs.v in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 9th, 2009, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •