Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin - 100 LIVES Event

So does this mean George is the dumb one in this relationship? LOL. I think so!
    Beeyotch and arie_skop like this.

she also defended Enron, Abdullah Senussi, and Arthur Andersen...how come no one ever mentions that part of the resume, lol?
    ConstanceSpry likes this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hate her dress.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by BrowFilla View Post
    I too don't get the hate. I think she is altogether too skinny but her hair and wardrobe are to die for and without Georgie I wouldn't get to see this.
    I'm a Day One Fan!!!

But honestly, the hair flipping model-y poses just seem unbecoming. Maybe she's just happy but it's behavior you expect from arm candy types note accomplished, secure women.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    she also defended Enron, Abdullah Senussi, and Arthur Andersen...how come no one ever mentions that part of the resume, lol?
    Meh, someone has to. That's what lawyers do.

OTOH, I don't know her resume so I don't get the adulation over it either. I know she is educated and seems to work in high profile circles so I assume she is good at what she does, smart.
    arie_skop likes this.

Resume from Huffington Post and Times of India:

• Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence (Oxford's equivalent to the LLB) in 2000. Received the Shrigley Award while at Oxford.
    • After Oxford, Alamuddin joined the New York University School of Law for her Masters degree in Law. Received the Jack K. Katz Memorial award for her accomplishment in the field of law upon completion
    • For one semester while at NYU, she worked as a student law clerk at the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit in the offices of Sonia Sotomayor, who is now on the Supreme Court of the United States.
    • She practiced at Sullivan & Cromwell in New York City for three years. In 2004, she worked at the International Court of Justice and was one of two NYU-sponsored clerks at the Court. She clerked under Judge Vladen S. Vereshchetin from Russia and Judge Nabil Elaraby from Egypt.
    • Before becoming a barrister at Doughty Street Chambers in London, she worked in the Office of the Prosecutor at the UN Special Tribunal for Lebanon and at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.
    • She has been involved in high-profile cases representing the state of Cambodia, the former Libyan intelligence chief Abdallah Al Senussi, Yulia Tymoshenko and Julian Assange, and is an adviser to the King of Bahrain in connection with the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry headed by Professor M. Cherif Bassiouni.
    • Alamuddin has been appointed to a number of United Nations commissions including as adviser to Special Envoy Kofi Annan on Syria and as Counsel to the 2013 Drone Inquiry by UN human rights rapporteur Ben Emmerson QC into the use of drones in counter-terrorism operations.
    • Fluent in Arabic, English and French

I think she's almost too "perfect", which is what bugs me. And she's always "on". I don't doubt or begrudge her talents or her intelligence, except where marrying Clooney is concerned. He just doesn't strike me as the brightest bulb in the closet.
    arie_skop likes this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I agree that he turns out to be a trophy husband. Props to her. Well done.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I'm a Day One Fan!!!But honestly, the hair flipping model-y poses just seem unbecoming. Maybe she's just happy but it's behavior you expect from arm candy types note accomplished, secure women.Meh, someone has to. That's what lawyers do. OTOH, I don't know her resume so I don't get the adulation over it either. I know she is educated and seems to work in high profile circles so I assume she is good at what she does, smart.
    Of course someone must defend the monsters of the world, but a good look at her resume says less 'human rights lawyer,' and more just 'lawyer'. Nothing wrong with that of course, but thats not part of the image that is being sold by George. The hair flipping pap courting part doesn't really seem to jibe with the whole image either, and I agree it does seem odd for a smart accomplished woman, even if Holly here seems to think it's great
    CornFlakegrl and redcat like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I also don't understand the Clooney hate and why so many of you feel he's stupid. He's done some incredible humanitarian work as well as political activism. The only thing about him that disappoints me is how badly he is aging.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I agree that he turns out to be a trophy husband. Props to her. Well done.
    Yes, she seems too smart for him. So trophy/rich husband suits him lol

If you don't want to call her Mrs. Clooney, please pronounce her name correctly.
    AH-Mahl Al-lah-MU-deen

Elite Member

Howard Stern talked about when he met Amal and he said she's extremely witty and charming. I suppose that combined with her impressive resume and the fact that she looks like George's female doppelganger must make him feel like he's looking in the mirror. Narcissistic fuck, lol.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I actually like the fact that she got herself a trophy husband, but why is HE looking so smug all the time?
    arie_skop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Of course someone must defend the monsters of the world, but a good look at her resume says less 'human rights lawyer,' and more just 'lawyer'. Nothing wrong with that of course, but thats not part of the image that is being sold by George. The hair flipping pap courting part doesn't really seem to jibe with the whole image either, and I agree it does seem odd for a smart accomplished woman, even if Holly here seems to think it's great
    Huh? How did I even get into this? I never said anything about her being great.

Not you Holly .....the original 'day one fan' is named Holly too.
    CornFlakegrl and sprynkles like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information