Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: The Duchess of Cambridge in Orla Kiely: Only Connect Charity Visit in London on 11/19

A*O

She isn't up 3 times a night pacing the corridors of Kensington Palace alone with a colic'y baby, trust me. They've already hinted he's a difficult baby, a "handful" I think they said, so she'll have plenty of nannies to share the work. I would too in her position. I agree she looks like she's been crying and has totally lost her spark. A really good haircut/colour would give her a huge boost like it does for all of us.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Or maybe she is knocked up again and puking her guts out...
    politesse, MmeVertigina and stef like this.

Gold Member

We get it - your hair is "your thang" and it's gorgeous. But after 3+ years in the very public eye it's time for a change. Please put it up, more than once in a while! It's especially bad if you watch video of her - she is always fussing with it, pushing it back, swinging her head around. Very distracting and not professional.

The outfit isn't one of my favourites either... I usually love what she wears.
    A*O likes this.

Hit By Ban Bus!

What is with all the glum cuntiness of all these new royals? Between her and Princess Charlene, they both look like the need to be mainlined, with a hefty dose of Prozac.

life in the castle isn't what it is cracked up to be.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

A*O

I know the royal family has dragged itself into the 21st century by relaxing a lot of the stifling rules and protocols but there are still certain things that apply and attending official public or formal events with loose, distracting hair flapping about just isn't appropriate, especially if you are the 3rd most senior royal lady after HMQ and Camilla. I'm not saying Kate should have it scraped into a stiff, formal updo but she should at least keep it off her face. With all that hair she has plenty of options.

I get the sense that Kate is beginning to realise what an enormous commitment she's made and the huge burden of expectation it places on her. Being permanent public scrutiny for the rest of your life with paps ready to snap every move might sound glamorous and exciting at first, but the reality must be pretty unpleasant. William was born to it and seems to take it in his stride. Kate is on a steep learning curve and the pressure to be perfect for someone who is already a competitive perfectionist when HMQ dies and Kate becomes #2 can only get worse.

Plus [dowager's voice] she's the daughter of a middle class nouveaux riche Everest scale social climber ex flight attendant. What else can we expect.
    witchcurlgirl, Snarker and sputnik like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Silver Member

If we believe the insinuation of social climbing then her mother had been grooming her all of her life for this. Kate herself had probably been prepare for this for a good 10 years now. It's not that I don't think that she loves the hubby, but if he wasn't Prince William I doubt that she would have hang around for so long waiting for him to put a ring on it. So while mummy dearest may be a social climber, Kate isn't exactly averse to her mother's goals. Bottom line, I don't have a lot of sympathy if she's suffocating in the golden cage that she had willingly and eagerly locked herself into.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion and not based on any facts whatsoever.

On to the topic. Awful outfit that is not help by Kate's lethargic and glum appearance. Her hair could use a trim. It's too long and just looks lifeless and droopy.

A*O

Post pregnancy bad hair is very common. Mine looked the best it's ever been when I was preggo, and the worst it's ever looked for about a year afterwards. But a damn good cut and regular trims did the trick. If Kate doesn't want to do that fine but it's all the more reason to tie it up or back when she's "on duty".

If she hides the hair and the legs she doesnt have a lot going for her though...
    redcat and sputnik like this.

Her eyes look tired. I wonder if they will have another baby very soon...

nice outfit, but she does look bad. i like effie's theory.
    effie2 likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Please, she has extensions so her hair shouldn't look any different.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Please, she has extensions so her hair shouldn't look any different.
    I don't think she has extensions. Looks like her own hair.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

^ Um, that's the skill of it.

I don't think she has extensions either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information