Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Chrissy Teigen in Zuhair Murad & Leslie Jones in Christian Siriano 2018 Emmy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Yeah I just assumed it was TIE-gen. I guess all those German lessons in school do come in handy every once in a while.
    Do you mean ie as in bow-tie? Or an Ei Sound (German)? So it would sound like Tye-Gen.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Yeah I just assumed it was TIE-gen. I guess all those German lessons in school do come in handy every once in a while.
    Lol, yeah I took German, too. Guess that's why that's what it looked like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by denny View Post
    I always went with tea-gen, as mostly everbody else including herself pronounced it this way.

If going by German pronunciation /taigen/ like in high as it is also given on her Wiki entry, it would relate to the German word "Teig" which means dough. "Deigen" in Norwegian, her father's ancestry as well, means also dough. Maybe not such a nice connotation.

Is that Giuliana Rancic interviewing them? - it's super painful to watch her talk, very contrived. Maybe eating something would help her focus on what to say.

I haven't had a chance to watch the video but she said she didn't want to correct people before. She even had her mom on Twitter to corroborate her story. Lol

My (full) first and last name are not super strange or unusual, but they're constantly mispronounced so I get not correcting people every time, but then I don't have bazillions of people saying my name every day.

I also wouldn't want to be named dough...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    Do you mean ie as in bow-tie? Or an Ei Sound (German)? So it would sound like Tye-Gen.
    Yep, like bow tie. The second vowel is long. If her name were spelt Tiegen, it would be said Teagan, more or less.
    Last edited by Waterslide; September 20th, 2018 at 12:46 PM.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    'ei' like Meister in German so yeah, like bow tie.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It's interesting how she looks so harsh and he looks so dainty

DawnM74 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information