Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Cher onstage in Las Vegas at 71

She does look better. But she could class it up a bit. She used to wear some gorgeous gowns.
    holly and ConstanceSpry like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    When Cher was the age Mariah is now (mid 40's) her body was flawless. That's one reason she could get away with those outfits. And even now she looks better than MooMoo.
    I don't like the outfits but Cher still has a good body. Mariah has bad taste in her outfits but I thought this one she wore recently was an improvement on the horrible leotards she wore in Vegas.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Does Cher actually sing or is a lot of miming going on? The pics don't look like actual singing.
    when we saw her, she was lip-syncing and kind of shuffling her feet. really, when i say she did not do much i am being polite, she did nearly nothing. the dancers she had were spectacular. they did some ribbon trapeze acrobatics a la cirque. ow the show woulda been a complete bust.

^ This looks good on her. She needs to ditch the sausage casing outfits and wear more outfits like this.
    holly likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

czb

that's the first part of the show. she was mostly absent the second part. and lip-syncs. she's no leonard cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    ^ This looks good on her. She needs to ditch the sausage casing outfits and wear more outfits like this.
    but what fun would mariah be if she developed good taste and self-awareness?
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    Geez, least she could do is at least work the stage & walk end to end. Wow, that really is a mailed-in performance.
    czb, sprynkles, HWBL and 1 others like this.

I think she can wear over the top outfits and still not be trying to compete with Moo Moo kitty on who looks the most ridiculous.

I just saw Debbie Harry last night. She looked great, sounded great and had a lot of energy at 72.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Cher has always just stood around on stage not doing much besides singing or lip synching. The video on the navy carrier was the only exception I can think of. But even so, a good performer can still command some stage presence. If she can't do that anymore then she earns the criticisms and should consider hanging it up.

Who would blame her if at 71 she's over being on stage with her ass hanging out. Makes me think she needs the money or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    And even now she looks better than MooMoo.
    Not sure that's saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Who would blame her if at 71 she's over being on stage with her ass hanging out. Makes me think she needs the money or something.
    That's what I was thinking. What other reason besides $$ if she isn't enjoying it or putting on a good show?
    arie_skop likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

My good friend and I saw her in San Diego..oooh about 2000-ish, give or take a year or two. This bitch can put on a show!! I was fucking FABULOUS!!!! If you haven't gone to a show, you NEEEEED to.
    Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeythorn View Post
    My good friend and I saw her in San Diego..oooh about 2000-ish, give or take a year or two. This bitch can put on a show!! I was fucking FABULOUS!!!! If you haven't gone to a show, you NEEEEED to.
    17 years ago she may have put on a great show, but this...I'd be furious if I spent good money & this is what I got in return.
    Beeyotch, czb, HWBL and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ i agree.

i saw her in concert ~10 years ago and she kinda just stands there. the dancers do all the work. leonard cohen was 10 years older and had more energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    ^^^ um, have you seen her in concert? she doesn't have to be a try-hard, but cher does NOTHING. and she isn't even on stage very much. nada, zip.

like i said, leonard cohen was older than she and didn't dance around, but stood the whole time and performed. engaged with the crowd and actually acted like he enjoyed doing it.

i've heard bette midler puts on a good show as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    She does look better. But she could class it up a bit. She used to wear some gorgeous gowns.
    Cher should have stopped this kind of tour in 1999. It was the Believe song and tour that brought out the costume-y costumes. The concerts in 1990 and 1992 were what I like - hard rock Cher in leather and jeans. She danced all over the place, figure was great, voice was great, just fantastic shows. The sets were visually amazing with 20 foot lava lamps and a fake elephant that she rode in on. I will never forget Bang Bang when she came out of a cage, except it was a drag queen. The 70s hits included a flashback video which sent fans back in time. After 1999, menopause was not kind to her as well as a foot surgery that she put off for many years. I went to the Vegas residency in 2009 and that's when I decided not to see her anymore.

Her voice got too low and she looks too heavy in the costumes. I got annoyed with the Take Me Home costume and dance number because Mackie shouldn't have redesigned the classic costume to fit her widened figure. That number had a lot of disco moves that she no longer performed. To me it's like Frank Sinatra who I was raised on - those duet albums are trash and he sounded terrible but it made him happy and kept him working but I'll stick with the original stuff.

You know I'll be at the Broadway musical next spring. It's being produced by a Hamilton producer.
    czb and sprynkles like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information