Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Bindi Irwin and boyfriend Chandler Powell at Disneyland, 8th May 2019

Well, I think 21 is too young, but I wish them the best. I always thought she lived with a lot of pressure since she was very young, and especially after her dad died. Terri seemed very stage-mommy to me, pushing those kids to carry on daddy's legacy. Maybe now she can finally relax.
    Kittylady likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I wish them the best, she seems lovely and they're so sweet and in love but I don't know why they couldn't have waited until his family from Florida could be there too but who knows that might be months. Hey, maybe she's pregnant? Let's start bumbwatch now!
    sprynkles and crayzeehappee like this.

they're 21 and they'll still be too young to get married when this is over so why the rush? why not just wait until it's over?
    i know several people who were supposed to get married this spring and they all postponed.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I dunno, Bindi hasn't exactly had the life of an average 21 year old. She comes across as a tad more mature than most of them I've met.

Obviously her family approves.
    lindsaywhit and crayzeehappee like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

It's not like she got drunk and ran away to Vegas. She also strikes me as someone who has a good head on her shoulders.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

it's not about maturity. if anything, if she's been force to grow up too fast, it's all the more reason to have a few more years of freedom where she's neither all up in her family's business, or tied down to a husband.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well once upon a time 21 year olds were married and usually with a few kids. And not always because they gave a thought about wanting it, often times because they were just doing what was expected.

Not so much these days.

Ordinarily I'd say too young. But if she loves this dude, he loves her, this is what they both want and he treats her well and she's happy and healthy then they might as well because who the fuck knows how long any of us have (these days especially) to experience things like this in life.
    Last edited by MsDark; Yesterday at 06:42 PM.
    sprynkles and Sleuth like this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    they're 21 and they'll still be too young to get married when this is over so why the rush? why not just wait until it's over?
    i know several people who were supposed to get married this spring and they all postponed.
    Until our office closed to the public, people were driving down here from Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade counties to get marriage licenses. The other counties closed their offices way before we did which is why people drove all the way down here. It's like the toilet paper thing, we have no idea why so many people were getting marriage licenses, but at least around 20 to 25 a day.
    sputnik and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Well once upon a time 21 year olds were married and usually with a few kids. And not always because they gave a thought about wanting it, often times because they were just doing what was expected.

Not so much these days.

Ordinarily I'd say too young. But if she loves this dude, he loves her, this is what they both want and he treats her well and she's happy and healthy then they might as well because who the fuck knows how long any of us have (these days especially) to experience things like this in lie.
    yeah, well my great grandmother was married at 16, doesn't mean that would be a good idea now. it just means that she had exactly zero opportunities for education, a career, self-fulfillment, independence, and figuring out how to be an autonomous adult. i just know that if she were my kid i would be pissed but most of all sad. if, like you say, they love each other and it's a good relationship, then they can just live together or something, enjoy having both freedom and a relationship, before getting tied down and even thinking about having kids.
    palta and Lofty Bike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    yeah, well my great grandmother was married at 16, doesn't mean that would be a good idea now. it just means that she had exactly zero opportunities for education, a career, self-fulfillment, independence, and figuring out how to be an autonomous adult. i just know that if she were my kid i would be pissed but most of all sad. if, like you say, they love each other and it's a good relationship, then they can just live together or something, enjoy having both freedom and a relationship, before getting tied down and even thinking about having kids.
    And her life expectancy was probably 50. if she was lucky.
    czb and sputnik like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I remember swearing to myself that I wouldn't get married until I was 30. But then I got married when I was 25. 21, though? That four years difference was a lot -- graduating from college. Real full-time job. Taxes. Living on my own. Cerebral cortex mostly formed.

I also want to say that being the child of Steve Irwin should actually mean you have to add an additional 3 years to your ready-to-marry age. When that guy was an adult, he was still poking dinner-plate-sized spiders to get them to release their air-borne poisonous hair.. And dangling his infant son over crocodiles.

Well it's not like she hasn't known what she wanted to do with her life (and seemed to be doing it already) probably ever since her dad died.

Well it's not like she hasn't known what she wanted to do with her life (and seemed to be doing it already) probably ever since her dad died.

Both my grandmothers were 17. And that was pretty normal at the time. My mother was 23. When she had me, the oldest, 26. Every single one of her friends the same age was already married with at least 1-2 kids by the same age my mom was just getting married.

I don't know. This place feels like kind of a celebrity marriage graveyard. The prospects here seem worse than average.

Cause you got to have stayed together with someone a long time (especially if in a celeb marriage) if you've been married as long we've been around!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information