Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Ashley Graham, Rachel Zoe, Lena Dunham - Glamour Women Of The Year Awards

Lena dresses and tries to look extra ugly so when people call her ugly she can console herself that she was trying to be ugly, so it doesn't matter. If she tried hard, and people still called her ugly, then she would really have to face up to it. It's sad, but I've seen lots of girls do this. In reality, I think she could look much better than she does - she doesn't have to be so tragic. The dress itself is nice, but she ruins it because it doesn't fit and because she won't stand up straight. I wonder if this dress is vintage and cut really small, because it's even tight in the bust area, and she doesn't have that much going on up there to begin with.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Lena dresses and tries to look extra ugly so when people call her ugly she can console herself that she was trying to be ugly, so it doesn't matter. If she tried hard, and people still called her ugly, then she would really have to face up to it. It's sad, but I've seen lots of girls do this. In reality, I think she could look much better than she does - she doesn't have to be so tragic. The dress itself is nice, but she ruins it because it doesn't fit and because she won't stand up straight. I wonder if this dress is vintage and cut really small, because it's even tight in the bust area, and she doesn't have that much going on up there to begin with.
    ^^ This^^. Well stated. I've seen lots of girls do this too. Especially obese girls. It's like they have this "I know I look like crap so I'm going to run with that." attitude.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    ^^This. She knows she's ugly so she plays on that.

"Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

She could be cute if she tried at least.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

^^ This^^. Well stated. I've seen lots of girls do this too. Especially obese girls. It's like they have this "I know I look like crap so I'm going to run with that." attitude.
    ^That's actually why I always loved What Not To Wear, because they never let people get away with thinking like that and despite the fact some people thought they were being mean, they were just trying to say that you can feel good about the way you look, no matter what you look like. There were some stubborn guests on the show, but I think it helped build confidence in a lot of people.
    Bluebonnet and Lalasnake like this.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

omg, nothing could be more unflattering than the way Lena dresses on Girls. I always figured she did that on purpose too. At least I hoped so, because her outfits are always sooo cringeworthy. I guess it's the same IRL for her.
    HeartShapedBox likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She could be cute if she tried at least.
    No, I don't think so.
    fgg, LaFolie, Bluebonnet and 1 others like this.

Elite Member

I saw side by sides of some of the people at the Glamour event, and Lena's looked like a mug shot. She doesn't play the game, doesn't try and she looks ridiculous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information