Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Ashley Graham models in plus-size lingerie show

Elite Member

She's greasy and needs a very hot shower. The Johnny Depp of chicks.

czb

i don't see the johnny depp comparison.

her body looks like what i would see on the jersey shore on a random day. and what i would see in <10% on a beach in SoCal.

i still think that people like models to look unattainable. even though this chick's body may be what most people have, most people don't want to see it. they want to see 'perfect'.

my 0.02.
    Waterslide, dowcat and BITTER like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i don't see the johnny depp comparison.

her body looks like what i would see on the jersey shore on a random day. and what i would see in <10% on a beach in SoCal.

i still think that people like models to look unattainable. even though this chick's body may be what most people have, most people don't want to see it. they want to see 'perfect'.

my 0.02.
    I can only offer my personal point of view here, but I find it nice to be able to see a picture of some clothes and be able to figure out how it looks like on me, rather than on a person who is really, really tall and incredibly skinny.
    Ashley Graham from this point of view doesn't really help much since she a lot bigger than I am, but in general I don't think that using average people to model is such a bad idea.

czb

^^^ i'm sure there are some people who do want to see realistic bodies and it sounds like you are one of them.

maybe ashley is bigger than most, but when i go to NJ, she looks pretty typical of what i see in a diner. i just remember in the 90s when there was that movement towards more realistic looking models, people would carp on their figures. and they were not as chubby as ashley. *shrugs*

I don't think she's gained since the SI shoot. I think she is a master at positioning her body to make it look thinner and in these particular shots she's not doing that. She's almost always photographed with a strategically placed forearm masking her hipline or her thigh thrust forward just so to disguise how wide her silhouette really is. Add in the SI photoshop to camouflage the cellulite and boom, she's suddenly thinner.

For someone who supposedly celebrates her curves, she spends a lot of time disguising them. This is the real Ashley. Opinions vary but I don't find it so pretty.

i like the bathing suit
    "The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

She has a really small waist line compared to the rest of her.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I would like to see what that ass looks like when it's not in motion.

"The Park City Men's March is underway! There's only 8 of us but we're yelling Warrant lyrics outside of a Sephora."...Patton Oswalt

Silver Member

I agree, I don't understand why models are a zero or a 16-18. Why not an 8 or 10? Size zero is in a lot of cases unattainable and a lot of the time unhealthy (particularly for those who are 5'10"). Size 16-18, while "average" these days, is also not really healthy. An 8 or 10 encompasses a lot of people, and is probably representative of a healthy person who likes their wine and cookies. Basically, a size medium never seems to be represented which is what I would like to see, personally.
    sputnik and Trixie like this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    No, she's definitely gained quite a bit since then.
    Wasn't there a "controversy" a few weeks ago that she had slimmed down and people were upset?

Yep. I'm guessing this is rebound weight.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information