Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Angelina Jolie and Children: 'Kung Fu Panda' 3 Premiere (1/16/2016)

she has chicken legs.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

The perma-nip massive bolt-ons are just so wrong. I don't understand why she bought such big ones. Maybe her husband wanted them.
    arie_skop and fgg like this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Well, she looks... better? I'm not quite sure how to describe it.

I guess it's normal to speculate on why she looks the way she does (that's basically what this board is for, discussing and speculating ). But, I feel like I need to play a little devils advocate here. We're all well aware of her past drug use and health issues.

That said, I'm not saying it's impossible that she suffers from an eating disorder. But, it could be something else health related. Medical treatments and/or certain meds can have long term affects on your body - as can drugs and alcohol abuse.

I have an over active thyroid caused by a medication I use to take for my heart. At my previous workplace, people would tell me to "eat a sandwich" and asked my other co-workers whom I'm actually close to if I have an eating disorder. In actuality, I am at a "normal" weight for my height (5'4", 112lbs), I eat full meals and snack all day, and go to yoga pretty regularly (i.e. try to keep active and balanced). I am on the slender side but I'm very aware and work very hard to not look/be emaciated.

Just like some people automatically assume that a person is overweight because of their eating/exercise habits, it can go the other way. Just speaking from experience, it definitely gets frustrating after a while - all the assumptions.

*Quietly steps down from soapbox *

Anyway, Angelina does look thin but, better than I've seen in a while. I hope that she's taking care of herself - physically and mentally.
    All of her and Brad's children are gorgeous. I absolutely love the Baby's Breath around Zahara's bun.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Quote Originally Posted by electrocuted_sheep View Post
    Can anybody say anorexia?
    yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Pixie View Post
    Her kids are gorgeous. Love Shiloh's hair
    love her look. so fresh , modern and cool. it seems she has an innate style. some little kids know how to put themselves together.
    Serendipity likes this.

OF COURSE, it is Montenegro style !!!

Mommy dearest dead eyes scare me. Still doesn't make sense to have surgeries to prevent some kind of cancer when chances are high that your drug addiction gets you first.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    yes.

love her look. so fresh , modern and cool. it seems she has an innate style. some little kids know how to put themselves together.
    Shiloh is just gorgeous and I love how she rocks her look at such a young age. Although, a small selfish part of me wishes she was more girly as she's stunningly beautiful. But I'm glad she's comfortable and seems to know her own mind and is allowed to be and dress how she wishes.
    It's like you ate too much crazy then puked it all over a post and hit submit - Nancydrew

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post

I have an over active thyroid caused by a medication I use to take for my heart.
    What medication is it and where can one acquire it? (Asking for a friend...)

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    What medication is it and where can one acquire it? (Asking for a friend...)
    I'm not sure if you're asking sarcastically or not, it didn't read sarcastic, but one can never be too sure reading text over a forum.

To be honest it was a couple years ago - it's now a blur to me, all of the meds and beta-blockers I tried when finding the right combo to treat my vent. tachycardia (my resting heart rate without meds and with no stimulants like caffeine in my system averages 120bpm - on top of the heart and blood pressure issues that run in my family genetically-speaking).

Anyway, if your question was genuine and not sarcastic - I feel uncomfortable suggesting a specific medication seeing as though I'm not a doctor (obvi ) and I don't want to suggest anything that would/could potentially cause harm to someone. Every body reacts differently to RX's.

Maybe googling "medications that cause hyperthyroidism" - looking over some of the creditable information that's out there might help your friend? Along with talking with a qualified health care professional directly about the subject and what he's/she's experiencing and as soon as possible, especially if this person is not feeling well, and especially if they believe they are experiencing a heart-related and/or thyroid-related issue.
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; January 17th, 2016 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    I'm not sure if you're asking sarcastically or not, it didn't read sarcastic, but one can never be too sure reading text over a forum.

To be honest it was a couple years ago - it's now a blur to me, all of the meds and beta-blockers I tried when finding the right combo to treat my vent. tachycardia (my resting heart rate without meds and with no stimulants like caffeine in my system averages 120bpm - on top of the heart and blood pressure issues that run in my family genetically-speaking).

Anyway, if your question was genuine and not sarcastic - I feel uncomfortable suggesting a specific medication seeing as though I'm not a doctor (obvi ) and I don't want to suggest anything that would/could potentially cause harm to someone. Every body reacts differently to RX's.

Maybe googling "medications that cause hyperthyroidism" - looking over some of the creditable information that's out there might help your friend? Along with talking with a qualified health care professional directly about the subject and what he's/she's experiencing and as soon as possible, especially if this person is not feeling well, and especially if they believe they are experiencing a heart-related and/or thyroid-related issue.
    It was genuine-ish because I struggle so much with weight and eating less/moving more doesn't seem to help much. I wish there was a legit med I could take to speed things up.

I can't imagine 120 bpm without running - that sounds like it sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    It was genuine-ish because I struggle so much with weight and eating less/moving more doesn't seem to help much. I wish there was a legit med I could take to speed things up.

I can't imagine 120 bpm without running - that sounds like it sucks!
    Ah, gotcha. But, I can tell you, dealing hyperthyroidism is no fun (or any medical issue for that matter).
    The medication ended up damaging my thyroid and now it's like - adding another problem on top of the problem I was already dealing with.
    I struggle with weight and can totally relate to how you feel. I'm sure it's just as frustrating for you as it is for me, we desire and work towards different goals/weights, but that "base" feeling of frustration is the same.
    And also, myself being a target for rude comments and ridicule, makes me sympathize with others that may be dealing with medical issues that people have no idea about/are aware of that one is going through. To which I don't let the comments affect me, but still, it's like - "Really?" I'm in my early 30's and I still have to deal with that kind of stuff? Was I working for a major corporate company or a high school?

A lot of people don't think about getting their thyroid checked periodically (which is done through a blood test, I believe) - which I think is important and would be helpful for people experiencing trouble with weight whether it's losing or gaining, or if they're feeling sluggish or "off" in any way. If anything, getting it checked to be sure it's functioning correctly and rule out that a thyroid issue isn't an underlying cause for another issue your experiencing.

I didn't even think about my thyroid being an issue until my doc hooked me up to an ECG and admitted me for observation after giving me my standard/routine yearly physical (at 30 yrs old). That wasn't the most relaxing day. I must say it definitely didn't help the heart rate issue when my doctor looked at me with a look of panic and thought I was having a mild heart attack .

The heart rate thing definitely blows, mornings are the worst. I wake up every morning and it feels like I just sprinted a mile or I phyiscally feel like I'm having a panic attack and my heart literally hurting even though I feel mentally fine/have nothing to stress over.
    But, I look at it all half-full, I could be dealing with much worse.

All the best to you and taking care of your health, I hope that you are able to find a healthy solution to what you're experiencing
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; January 17th, 2016 at 10:38 PM. Reason: spelling issuz, as alwayz ;)
    stella blue likes this.

Her implants are too big for her very small frame. She doesn't look healthy to me at all.

Her face looks pretty in some of these but it's all downhill from then on.
    KrisNine likes this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

The kids look great.

I still say she's always been this skinny but it doesn't start becoming a problem until you get older. I'd love to see her gain some weight though.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

My legs look like hers and I'm only 26. I was born with unfortunate chicken legs. I weight train to make them more muscular, but its extremely hard (especially to build muscle in the calf area).

She's always had chicken legs, it just looks worse as she's getting older. And the big boobs with her narrow hips don't help either.

SHELLEE likes this.

Back then her calves and thighs were at least wider than her knees.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information