Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Amal Clooney in a plaid pants ensemble, Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    It is atrocious, but it's also amusing. It makes her boobs look wonky, too. I didn't think about her being pregnant, but it does looks very strange in the baby oven zone.
    That made me lol!

I like the top part of it (above waist) I like the asymmetrical neckline.
    I *hate* “plaid” *cough* or Tartan to the rest of the civilised world!!!
    I hate the pelplum and I hate the fringe it reminds my of a song in Oklahoma.

I really like how she is to afraid to try new stuff she doesn’t (have to) dress like Pat Nixon or anything and obviously enjoys clothes. If she wants to be pregnant, I hope she is. Must suck having everything dissected...
    Waterslide likes this.

It reminds me of the pants we wore with our Catholic school uniform in grammar school during the winter.
    Waterslide likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    It reminds me of the pants we wore with our Catholic school uniform in grammar school during the winter.
    Noooooo!!!!

Unpopular I guess, but I love plaid. Maybe not this particular plaid, but others...I guess I am just fascinated with the thought process she uses in picking her outfits because they make no sense at all. It's either Pat Nixon or goofy sixth grader with her.

I remember those. For some reason I can't remember, at some point, we had to wear ours under our uniform skirts. Ugh, that was horrible.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Unpopular I guess, but I love plaid. Maybe not this particular plaid, but others...I guess I am just fascinated with the thought process she uses in picking her outfits because they make no sense at all. It's either Pat Nixon or goofy sixth grader with her.

I remember those. For some reason I can't remember, at some point, we had to wear ours under our uniform skirts. Ugh, that was horrible.
    Because men and priests are animals that would become unraveled at seeing a woman’s shape and would cease to be able to control themselves....

I'm a big fan of plaid actually. But more subtle plaids.

This is the jumper we wore and you wore the pants with it. They were bell bottoms and this was already the 80s and early 90s.

Last edited by Charmed Hour; May 17th, 2019 at 10:22 AM.
    Novice and Waterslide like this.

Silver Member

My daughter's school jumper and kilt are much the same today at a non religious independant private school in CT. They are required to wear either shorts, leggings, tights or the uniform pants underneath. I personally love the whole uniform thing. It has made life much easier. No wardrobe drama. The biggest thing was certain girls trying to shorten it up to groin length. They changed the dress code to stipulate no more than 2" above the knee.
    DawnM74, sprynkles and Angeli like this.

Silver Member

A very expensive ensemble I'm sure, but I surprisingly like it on her. However, I live near a college town in Oregon so I have zero clues as to what's fashionable or not!
    Novice and sprynkles like this.

I'm a big fan of plaid actually. But more subtle plaids.

This is the jumper we wore and you wore the pants with it. They were bell bottoms and this was already the 80s and early 90s.

Same! But it was a bit earlier for me and my plaid was this one (and in the earlier years we even wore those peter pan collars):

"AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Cartermrc View Post
    A very expensive ensemble I'm sure, but I surprisingly like it on her. However, I live near a college town in Oregon so I have zero clues as to what's fashionable or not!
    Hon, there is fashionable, and then there is good taste, I’m sure you have the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess of Verona View Post
    My daughter's school jumper and kilt are much the same today at a non religious independant private school in CT. They are required to wear either shorts, leggings, tights or the uniform pants underneath. I personally love the whole uniform thing. It has made life much easier. No wardrobe drama. The biggest thing was certain girls trying to shorten it up to groin length. They changed the dress code to stipulate no more than 2" above the knee.
    i don't have a problem with uniforms, and i understand why parents would love them, it makes it cheaper for kids to go to school and you avoid a lot of the crap with kids feeling pressure to buy expensive brand name stuff. what i don't agree with is forcing girls to wear skirts and boys pants. there should be a uniform but everyone is free to choose skirts or pants
    Last edited by sputnik; May 20th, 2019 at 10:50 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

^^^ yeah, i agree with that.

the neighbor kid goes to a secular private school that has uniforms. but girls can wear a skirt, pants, or skort.

and sput, you talked with scooter.
    sputnik likes this.

shit, i need to check my post-its more often
    czb likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Same! But it was a bit earlier for me and my plaid was this one (and in the earlier years we even wore those peter pan collars):

We wore a jumper like in K-3 than 4-6 you went to to the one I posted. 7&8 was the skirt with a polyester vest. We always had Peter Pan collars, right thru HS.

Both my grammar school and hs (all girls$ now allow the girls to wear navy slacks but only on winter months.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't have a problem with uniforms, and i understand why parents would love them, it makes it cheaper for kids to go to school and you avoid a lot of the crap with kids feeling pressure to buy expensive brand name stuff. what i don't agree with is forcing girls to wear skirts and boys pants. there should be a uniform but everyone is free to choose skirts or pants
    I don't know how it is now, but in my experience, uniforms didn't really do anything to alleviate kids being pressured for expensive stuff, but my school was in a stuffy town to start with. It was the 80s so it was all about coats, shoes, and watches and even the name brand of the white shirts, the sweaters, etc. It was easy to pick out at a glance who had money and who didn't and it wasn't just that you had one expensive pair of shoes, you had one pair of expensive shoes for every day of the week. But I think they're probably stricter about shoe styles now? I'm not sure.

We wore a jumper like in K-3 than 4-6 you went to to the one I posted. 7&8 was the skirt with a polyester vest. We always had Peter Pan collars, right thru HS.

Both my grammar school and hs (all girls$ now allow the girls to wear navy slacks but only on winter months.
    If I remember correctly, we wore the jumper from 1-5 and switched to pleated skirts with oxford button downs from 6-8. For the first few years, we wore forest green sweaters and knee socks and then switched to navy and that's the actual reason why I own almost no navy to this day because it reminds me of junior high. I love it on other people, though.

The Catholic school I was supposed to go to for high school didn't have bus service for my area at the time so I ended up going to public school for that, but I think that plaid would have been red. Actually, I found a newish pic of their basketball team...they're dressed like it's 1888. I remember girls used to be allowed to show skin back in the day, but maybe it was just super cold out. And there's even another pic of my old school uniform.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information