Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Emmy Rossum and Sam Esmail out in LA

Default Emmy Rossum and Sam Esmail out in LA

She has great hair. I want my hair to dry like this but mine is always much puffier with a good bit of frizz.
    Waterslide likes this.

Hair envy activated. Mine is just flat.
    robertmarilyn likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

I think she is gorgeous. By the way, she's Jewish and he is Egyptian Muslim. Two open-minded people, I guess......
    sputnik and KrisNine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Hair envy activated. Mine is just flat.
    Same. Mine dries very straight - if I blow dry it, it looks like I've straightened it, I'm talking poker straight. It's a total case of the grass is greener - people with curly hair tell me they want my hair, and I want theirs.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Curly hair can be a lot of work.
    I have curly hair that I flat ironed into submission for well over a decade until I decided to embrace my curls. My curl pattern is all over the place, from coils to almost straight. It is super frustrating. I started using AG Re:Coil last summer & it's really helped my curls look more uniform (the pattern is still wonky, but this coaxes my not as curly areas to curl more).

I've also quit coloring my hair. Haven't colored it in over a year & a half. I'm trying to be kind to my hair these days. I want to grow it out & I want it as healthy as possible, since I have thin, fine, frizz-prone, porous hair. I have to admit though, leaving it curly makes it look like I have a lot more hair than I do. Where I live in FL, we have soft water, which I hated for the first 6-8 months that I lived there, but now I love it, & now that I'm back in TX for a while, I hate the hard water, & I can tell my hair hates it too. I hope it doesn't fuck up all the good that I've done.
    Last edited by holly; June 8th, 2020 at 09:21 AM. Reason: grammar
    Waterslide and Neptunia like this.

Mrs Mo has naturally wavy, dark hair. Not as wavy as Rossum's, though. When she gets it colored, though, she comes back with super-straight hair. It lasts for a couple of days only, but the look is different enough that it's like I'm having an affair or something.
    KrisNine likes this.

her hair is amazing and i don't now why she straightens it. i would love nothing more than to have a huge head of curly hair.
    Waterslide and KrisNine like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Me too! My hair is wavy, but around 15 years ago or so it decided to become more curly-ish. But only for a couple of years unfortunatley, now I'm back at wavy. Hair is weird.
    Waterslide and holly like this.
    -

lol her hair looks like mine when i go to sleep with my hair still wet.

Mrs Mo used to have an office mate who had thick wavy hair similar to Rossum's. The thickness was especially amazing. She swore Mrs Mo to secrecy, but I'm a spouse - so she told me that her office mate said she was using horse shampoo.

By the way, this friend now now hair as short as Miley Cyrus.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Same. Mine dries very straight - if I blow dry it, it looks like I've straightened it, I'm talking poker straight. It's a total case of the grass is greener - people with curly hair tell me they want my hair, and I want theirs.
    Yep. All this. I don't have a need for a straightening iron and, in fact, when I do use one, I use it to put waves in my hair.

Even when I was a kid, people with super curly hair would talk about how hard it was to style or brush and I still wanted it. If I did have curly hair, I can't imagine straightening it willingly.

Mo, if I used horse shampoo in my hair it would look like I took a tub of lard and left it on my head. I wish I had the hair that could handle horse shampoo.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

my hair has some wave to it, and is prone to frizziness around the face so it's almost like i get the worst of both worlds in that respect but i'm glad there's some wave to it because that gives me some volume. i just wish it was wavier or curlier.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Just in case you're interested in what products Emmy uses in her hair, I found this article.

Apparently she had the same issue all curly haired women have had where her curls went frizzy and started to lose their luster so she asked her Instagram followers for some suggestions and she tried 50 different products! She finally settled on the products here in the article. I'm going to try them too as my hair is nuts vacillating between Felicity and Rosanna Rosanna Danna right now, with a touch of Kramer. Perhaps these Moroccan oil products might be would be helpful for my dry, frizzy hair.

https://www.byrdie.com/emmy-rossum-hair

Has anyone tried argan oil? I've heard that helps. I mostly use Ouidad products but they stopped working a few months ago. So I'll try anything, except avocado oil, that was a suggestion my friend made and my hair was a greasy mess with only a couple drops of that oil!
    KrisNine and weathered1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    my hair has some wave to it, and is prone to frizziness around the face so it's almost like i get the worst of both worlds in that respect but i'm glad there's some wave to it because that gives me some volume. i just wish it was wavier or curlier.
    You sound like my hair twin. My hair is really wavy in the back, especially the under layer. The closer to my face, it's just frizzy and puffy, with no real wave. The plus side is that when I put a real effort into a blowout, it looks amazing.
    sputnik likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information