Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Pakistan

Default The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Pakistan

Surprisingly I kinda like it.
    Novice and DawnM74 like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

czb

it's ok until i saw the shoes.

don't love the angelina specials.

Kate's ankles look very swollen, especially the left one.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hate the shoes but the dress/pants combo is nice and totally appropriate for Pakistan. I don’t love that shade of blue but overall it’s nice. And yeah, her ankles do look swollen, normal after a long flight and I would hate to have to squash my feet into a pair of heels after flying.

did they fly private or commercial?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

She looks good. I'm mystified though by her wearing those kind of heels after a long plane ride-her ankles do look swollen. Maybe they help her focus on all the right etiquette and that she's "on duty" at formal events. She can't walk normally, they have to hurt, etc. But I suppose if she wore lower block heels she would be called out for "old lady shoes"

It's acceptable to wear embellished flats with these outfits, but probably wants the extra formality and "sophistication" of heels. The nude color makes the outfit kind of ugly though.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Hate the shoes but the dress/pants combo is nice and totally appropriate for Pakistan. I don’t love that shade of blue but overall it’s nice. And yeah, her ankles do look swollen, normal after a long flight and I would hate to have to squash my feet into a pair of heels after flying.

did they fly private or commercial?
    They flew RAF

sputnik likes this.

I can't get past the shoes. I do like the ombré effect of the fabric and even the color, but I think she looks nicer in deeper jewel tones and I know it's occasion-appropriate but she just can't look overly prim no matter what.

Ugh. My post got eaten.

RAF makes sense for the flight, right? In the US, they sort of use military planes for multitasking.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

double post/dumb board
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    I can't get past the shoes. I do like the ombré effect of the fabric and even the color, but I think she looks nicer in deeper jewel tones and I know it's occasion-appropriate but she just can't look overly prim no matter what.

Ugh. My post got eaten.

RAF makes sense for the flight, right? In the US, they sort of use military planes for multitasking.
    Its probably cheaper given their entourages plus there are “security considerations”....

The royal couple are flying in the RAF's Voyager aircraft with an entourage of 14, including their private secretaries Simon Case and Catherine Quinn and communications secretary Christian Jones. Another four members of the communications team, two assistant private secretaries, two programme coordinators, a PA, an orderly and a hairdresser will also join them.
    MORE: Who lives at Kensington Palace? Meet Prince William and Kate Middleton's royal neighbours
    William and Kate's five-day trip will cover more than 1,000km and take in the "modern, leafy capital Islamabad, the vibrant city of Lahore, the mountainous countryside in the North, and the rugged border regions to the West," according to their spokesman. A royal source told HELLO! "It's their most challenging tour to date."

Announcing details of the tour, which they are undertaking at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the couple's communications secretary Christian Jones said: "This is the most complex tour undertaken by the Duke and Duchess to date, given the logistical and security considerations.

Pakistan hosts one of Britain’s largest overseas networks, with the British High Commission in Islamabad being one of the UK's largest diplomatic missions in the world." "The UK's links with Pakistan are extensive, and Their Royal Highnesses are looking forward to building a lasting friendship with the people of Pakistan."
    The tour will take in Pakistan's "rich culture, its diverse communities, and its beautiful landscapes," Kensington Palace said in a statement. It said while the programme will "pay respect to the historical relationship between Britain and Pakistan, it will largely focus on showcasing Pakistan as it is today – a dynamic, aspirational and forward-looking nation."

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with David Attenborough last month
    William and Kate will visit projects which empower young people and help to ensure they have the best possible start in life. "Access to quality education, particularly to girls and young women is one of the UK’s top priorities in Pakistan. The Duke and Duchess are looking forward to spending time meeting young Pakistanis and hearing more about their aspirations for the future," the spokesman said.
    The issue of climate change will also feature prominently as the royal couple discover how communities are responding and adapting to its effects. They will also learn about the country’s complex security situation and meet British and Pakistani military personnel who are working together to improve it. The couple’s spokesman said: "As with previous overseas visits, The Duke and Duchess have asked that this tour allow them opportunities to meet as many Pakistanis as possible. Over the course of the visit, Their Royal Highnesses will meet a wide variety of people, including children and young people, leaders from government, business and the charity sector, inspiring conservationists, and well-known cultural figures and sporting stars."
    Tight security around the tour means that further details of the programme will be released day by day. The tour is a major diplomatic event for the couple and a sign of their growing seniority within the royal family. The Foreign Office currently advises British visitors to Pakistan to be vigilant against terrorist attacks and the risk of kidnapping and warns against all travel to several parts of the country, including the southern city of Peshawar.

And it’s Pakistan too so there’s already military presence, it makes sense to fly RAF, also for security
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    And it’s Pakistan too so there’s already military presence, it makes sense to fly RAF, also for security
    But I bet that there is nothing bad said in the press about it (regardless of security, entourage, etc).
    sputnik likes this.

I like it better in the first picture where the top of the dress looks white and not light blue.
    lindsaywhit and crayzeehappee like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Elite Member

I think it's beautiful. Love the ombre. Flowy, elegant. Really pretty dress.
    Angeli, Labelwhore and DawnM74 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information