Like Tree18Likes
  • 9 Post By Labelwhore
  • 2 Post By rollo
  • 1 Post By MsDark
  • 1 Post By Labelwhore
  • 1 Post By holly
  • 1 Post By Tiny Pixie
  • 3 Post By sputnik

Thread: Leah Remini, Lisa Kudrow & Marie Kondo - 2019 Critics’ Choice Real TV Awards

Default Leah Remini, Lisa Kudrow & Marie Kondo - 2019 Critics’ Choice Real TV Awards

Silver Member

Okay, I’m sorry I know this has nothing to do with their clothing but the whole Marie Kondo obsession just pisses me off. There is nothing about her method that is about “organizing “ about your stuff per se . It’s more about purging your excess stuff and then organizing it . Sure...it’s easy to organize 5 things as opposed to 25. She’s just a glorified “hoarder” consultant .

Aw, I think she's cute and lots of people have found her inspirational.

It's not saying much but her outfit is the best of the three, especially with the red lining.
    sputnik and I'mNotBitter like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

That's leah Rimini now. Mh, okay, I think she looks nothing like herself. Lisa looks good.

Lisa's hair looks good this length.
    holly likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Aw, I think she's cute and lots of people have found her inspirational.

It's not saying much but her outfit is the best of the three, especially with the red lining.
    I think that’s why people like her cause they think she’s cute ...like a little fairy telling you to find joy in something. When her book first came out I thought it would be great. Then I read some excerpts and realized what a snow job the whole “ method” was.
    But I digress ...yes her outfit is the best of the bad . Lol
    rollo likes this.

Lisa look good, I love Leah and I think she looks good here too. I do like Marie's dress the best.

Lisa looks great, and I think Leah looks fine. So does the "Throw Everything You Own Into a Fire" chick.

I used Marie Kondo's method for folding t-shirts & jeans, & I was able to fit 17 pairs of jeans into 1 dresser drawer & 24 t-shirts into a nightstand drawer.

The reason I have so many jeans is because my weight was fluctuating quite a bit for a while, so I'm waiting to see where it "lands" before I get rid of anything.

I read a great book on decluttering recently (not organizing so much, but actually getting rid of things you don't need/use) called "Decluttering at the Speed of Life". For me, it was very relatable, & I plan to read it again so I can highlight certain things, which I didn't do the first time because I really didn't expect to be so motivated by it. I got it on Amazon Prime for free. I highly recommend it if you're looking to declutter your life.
    sputnik likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Labelwhore View Post
    Okay, I’m sorry I know this has nothing to do with their clothing but the whole Marie Kondo obsession just pisses me off. There is nothing about her method that is about “organizing “ about your stuff per se . It’s more about purging your excess stuff and then organizing it . Sure...it’s easy to organize 5 things as opposed to 25. She’s just a glorified “hoarder” consultant .

A lot of what she does just seems like common sense to me so I never got it either ... but she's really cute
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

yeah, there was stuff i already did before but she helps make it more systematic.

and her folding method is wonderful, especially if you're tight for space. i like living right in the city so i sacrifice space for location, but i also hate feeling cramped and like there's clutter so i have to make sure i don't accumulate too much stuff, and be smart about how i store stuff. i was able to fit about 50% more stuff in my dresser drawers using her folding method than with traditional folding. also, you can see every single item in a drawer at first glance. no need to look in a stack of shirts and knock it over trying to get the t-shirt at the bottom.
    same with sheets, pillowcases and duvet covers which now all fit into one of the drawers under my bed.

i also find that her folding methods keeps clothes from wrinkling and creasing as much. i use it now for packing my suitcases when i travel and stuff arrives in much better condition than when i laid it flat.
    witchcurlgirl, rollo and holly like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information