Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By sputnik
  • 5 Post By Lofty Bike
  • 2 Post By Beeyotch
  • 1 Post By stella blue

Thread: ‘Top of the Lake: China Girl’ – Television Critics Association Press Tour

Default ‘Top of the Lake: China Girl’ – Television Critics Association Press Tour

‘Top of the Lake: China Girl’ – Television Critics Association Press Tour

The 2017 Summer Television Critics Association Press Tour brought out four femmes behind ‘Top of the Lake: China Girl’ for a panel discussion on Saturday (July 29) in Beverly Hills, California.

Elisabeth Moss: I always find myself slightly underwhelmed by Elisabeth’s style, as I think she often dresses too maturely. This Camilla and Mark pleated frock fell somewhat in that category, although the brighter colour and print was a step in the right direction. However, the high neckline isn’t the most flattering or youth-achieving for her.

Gwendoline Christie: While Gwendoline’s 6’3” height will always command attention, I was bored with her choice of menswear-inspired ensembles as she can do so much more with her statuesque form than this standard-issue silk blouse and black trousers uniform.

Nicole Kidman: With a rosy outlook, Nicole donned a dainty Rochas Resort 2018 embroidered ruffle dress. I always like seeing her channel a softer, feminine side, but the illusion neckline and overbearing sleeves quickly ruined me on this prairie frock.

Alice Englert: Marching to the beat of her own style drum, Alice kept it quirky and casual in her plaid shirt and boyfriend jeans, topped off with sculpted teal sandals for a style-rebel look that certainly made no apologies.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

alice englert ftw.
    also, i think it's the first time nicole kidman has been dwarfed by another woman.
    Witchywoman likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

6'3'' is impressive. I think that Gwendoline looks the best here. Funny when Nicole is looking short .

Gwendoline is the best looking one here. Elisabeth looks way frumpy.

The model looks like a suspended corpse.
    lindsaywhit and ConstanceSpry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    6'3'' is impressive. I think that Gwendoline looks the best here. Funny when Nicole is looking short .
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Gwendoline is the best looking one here. Elisabeth looks way frumpy.

The model looks like a suspended corpse.
    You said exactly what I was thinking, except that Alice looks like a casual farm girl trying on her auntie's prom shoes.

Elisabeth needs to hire a stylist badly. She doesn't have the natural looks to pull lots of things off, but when done right, she can look very nice.
    Beeyotch likes this.

Love Gwendoline's whole look here.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    Elisabeth needs to hire a stylist badly. She doesn't have the natural looks to pull lots of things off, but when done right, she can look very nice.
    Does Scientology allow stylists, or does she have to use David Miscavige?

Gwendoline looks lovely. EM looks like she raided a senior citizen's closet and NK looks like a Little House on the Prairie extra.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Thread Information