Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Anna Wintour in Chanel couture

dowcat likes this.

That coat is gorgeous. But she brought those damn shoes before THE QUEEN.

ETA -
    Honestly, this is the first time I've ever seen her look truly happy. She almost looks a little humbled.

You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

Did she have her shades on when the queen pinned her? lol
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

czb

^^^ exactly what i wanted to know

LOL, no she took them off when she face the queen. Thankfully. Though if I were the queen, I'd rather see the glasses than the shoes.

ETA - the first paragraph of this made me laugh.

Open Post: Hosted By Dame Anna Wintour

May 5, 2017 / Posted by: Michael K

45 Reactions

I see the truth now… That emergency meeting at Buckingham Palace that THE QUEEN called at the last minute wasn’t about Prince Philip retiring his ribbon-cutting hand. That was just a cover-up. THE QUEEN summoned all of her staff to her throne room to warn them about a visit from a member of the Death Eaters.

Anna Wintour was named a Dame Commander of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II at a ceremony at Buckingham Palace today. So during that emergency meeting, I’m sure THE QUEEN told her household staff that only staff members who are bigger than Size Baby Ant will work the ceremony and they’ll have to wear a polyester uniform. Anna Wintour will be so repulsed by the obesity and cheap materials around her that she’d forget her mission, which is to unleash her dark powers of evil and take over the throne! THE QUEEN’s plan worked because she’s still Queen.

The BBC says that Anna actually took off her Blue Blockers to get dame’d and told reporters afterward that THE QUEEN had a bit of a hard time pinning her:

The Queen struggled to attach the insignia to the editor’s pink belted Chanel outfit: “She couldn’t find where to put the brooch,” said Wintour.

“I congratulated her on Prince Philip’s service because obviously that’s so remarkable and such an inspiration to us all,” the fashion editor told reporters.
    THE QUEEN also talked to reporters afterward and said (no, she didn’t) that she had a hard time pinning Anna Wintour because every time her hands got near Anna’s heart area, her fingers nearly froze and turned to icicles from the ice cold frostiness shooting out of there. But THE QUEEN also said (again, no she didn’t), “I was very happy to DAMN Anna Wintour. Whoopsies, I meant ‘dame.'”, before mouthing the words, “No, I didn’t.

Pics: Yui Mok – PA Images/Getty
    Tags: Anna Wintour, Open Post, THE QUEEN

http://dlisted.com/2017/05/05/open-p...-anna-wintour/

You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

That coat!!!!!!!
    I have never seen Anna smile like that.

I love the coat, but I'd prefer it in a little bit deeper shade of pink (for me, anyway. I don't like pale/pastel colors very much.). Also, those aren't her usual mules. They may be the same designer, but they aren't her usual slides.
    Beeyotch and twitchy2.0 like this.

^You're right, they do have straps. I just can't with that caramel/beige color.
    Sylkyn likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

I guess they just give them out to anybody now that has money.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Well, I might not always agree with Anna's choices (giving Kim K a cover is unforgivable), and sometimes she's just an outright bitch, but she's also incredibly influential, has sustained a very long and successful career, and has used her mind for more than just kicking a ball around a field, so I don't think this is necessarily unearned on her part. But I don't live in the UK, so maybe Brits feel differently about it.
    redcat, czb, Melyanna and 3 others like this.
    ~Manx Mouse

She looks great and I think it's well deserved, but then I like this stone cold bitch.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Well, I might not always agree with Anna's choices (giving Kim K a cover is unforgivable), and sometimes she's just an outright bitch, but she's also incredibly influential, has sustained a very long and successful career, and has used her mind for more than just kicking a ball around a field, so I don't think this is necessarily unearned on her part. But I don't live in the UK, so maybe Brits feel differently about it.
    Not really. I think that's the general view.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I think I misunderstand why this honor is given. I thought it was for citizens of the UK that help the UK? Or is it a worldwide thing?

She is a Brit. She just works in the US.
    Waterslide likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Not really. I think that's the general view.
    Just wanted to cover all my bases, there.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    I think I misunderstand why this honor is given. I thought it was for citizens of the UK that help the UK? Or is it a worldwide thing?
    I sometimes forget that Anna's not American (much her to chagrin, I'm sure), because she is such a fixture over here. I do this to certain actors and actresses as well. I think for Americans, you can have an honorary knighthood, but you just don't take the title Dame or Sir.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    ~Manx Mouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information