• 1 Post By ConstanceSpry
  • 2 Post By LaFolie
  • 1 Post By BITTER
  • 2 Post By Laurent
  • 1 Post By LaFolie

Thread: Gillian Anderson In Galvan & Roksanda

Default Gillian Anderson In Galvan & Roksanda

‘Viceroy’s House’ Berlin Film Festival & London Premieres

Berlin Premiere: Her Galvan Fall 2014 gown may have been from a few seasons ago, but sleek elegance is always in style. The partnership between the perfect plunge and the waist-defining embroidered detail was all this column dress needed to draw you in—no jewels or accessories even required.
    London Premiere: While her minimalist approach to styling stayed true here, the look did not have the same freshly alluring simplicity as her Berlin outing. The Roksanda Spring 2017 ‘Alten’ dress aged the actress when paired with the updo, and the white sleeves were rather all-encompassing by virtue of their wing-like form and bright colour.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Berlin Premiere: - fabulous!
    London Premiere: meh
    Brookie, BelledeJour and rollo like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I hate the London Premiere Russian peasant outfit.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Does she look thinner than usual? She looks so gaunt.

I'm kind of indifferent to both outfits, but she looks nice. The second one doesn't look that dressy to me and I'm not keen on the length or the shoes.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

She looks sickly in the first pic. I like the dress in in the first pic but the face in the second.

^ Ditto

Love her but no to both.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Yep, I remember she was considered chubby by us Frenchies back in the 90s.

I will always love her for The House of Mirth...
    Waterslide likes this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Yep, I remember she was considered chubby by us Frenchies back in the 90s.
    She definitely had way more fullness...well, everywhere, at least for a while. I know it's partly because it seemed like she was pregnant for half the 90s, but she lost all her curves.
    You know, a dozen press agents working overtime can do terrible things to the human spirit. ~Cecil B. DeMille
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

No to all of it. The weight loss has aged her.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I never thought of Gillian as chubby except around that time at the end of the first season of XF and into the second season when she was pregnant. She was thin AF from the time of Scully's cancer arc onward to my eye.

She looks blah to me with this blonde hair color. I just don't care for it on her, but it seems she's enamored with it for some unknown reason.
    Waterslide and gas_chick like this.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I never thought of Gillian as chubby except around that time at the end of the first season of XF and into the second season when she was pregnant. She was thin AF from the time of Scully's cancer arc onward to my eye.

She looks blah to me with this blonde hair color. I just don't care for it on her, but it seems she's enamored with it for some unknown reason.
    I never thought she was chubby either, but I could see that Frenchies would consider her chubby, like LaFolie mentioned. I know what seasons you're talking about and it didn't help that they were trying to mask the pregnancy so her suits just kept getting larger and larger and larger and it made her look as wide as she was tall. If they weren't hiding it, maybe she could have worn clothes to fit her. And it doesn't help that those suits were boxy to begin with in the beginning. But she did get way thinner after that on the show. As for now, she seems to get thinner and thinner with each new role/year.

As for her hair, I still don't get how bleaching the hell out of it doesn't make her hair fall out, but coloring it red would, but that seems to be the going excuse...
    ~Manx Mouse

^Back in the 90s, every woman who was not tall and who weighed upwards of 115 lbs was considered chubby by us Frenchies... Now I look at her in the X-Files days, and I'm like "chub? What chub?".
    Waterslide likes this.

I do the same thing though, lol. I know she was never fat or chubby, but sometimes she looked curvier and rounder than other times, kind of an optical illusion there for a while.
    ~Manx Mouse

Thread Information