Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By fgg
  • 1 Post By sprynkles
  • 1 Post By nico
  • 1 Post By gas_chick
  • 1 Post By panic

Thread: Diane Kruger, Olivia Palermo, Liv Tyler, Keira Knightley & Nicky Hilton

Default Diane Kruger, Olivia Palermo, Liv Tyler, Keira Knightley & Nicky Hilton

An Evening Honoring Valentino Black Tie Gala

A lovely list of fashionables were in attendance for ‘An Evening Honoring Valentino’ black-tie gala at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully Hall in New York City on Monday (December 7), where Valentino confections were the dress code of the night, naturally.
    Diane Kruger: A sense of noir-inspired mystery was alive and well in the actress’s Valentino Fall 2015 Couture feathered gown, which was intricately embroidered throughout and dramatically elevated by the cape. The statement pendant necklace surprisingly isn’t too far overboard, working with the dark extravagance here. Instead, I would remove the one-earring effect. A Rauwolf box clutch completed the look.
    Olivia Palermo: Solemnly sophisticated, Olivia donned a Valentino Fall 2015 black gown embellished in an array of golden geometry for a tapestry-like effect. Needing little in the way of accessories, she complied with a more subdued clutch and a simple, slicked-back ponytail and headband.

Keira Knightley: Also in an ensemble from the Valentino Fall 2015 Couture collection, she left the hyper embellishment for the others, instead opting for an all-black gown and cape. I’m so glad she removed the rather sombre cape as the one-shoulder gown underneath featured slightly more personality.

Nicky Hilton: The exact opposite of Keira, Nicky embraced an array of vibrant hues in her Valentino Spring 2016 long-sleeve gown rendered in a slightly tribal, mosaic-style effect. I would have skipped the headband but the baby-blue, red, and marigold hues were a bright, heady rush of colour on this darker, moody red carpet.
    Liv Tyler: Following the black theme, Liv wore a Valentino Fall 2015 gown enlivened by a bouquet of mini flora. A pulled-back ’do would have helped the sleekness factor here, given the heavier quality of the dress.

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

fgg

i love diane kruger's dress! not many people could pull that off without looking stupid but she does it.
    Brando likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Many of these dresses look like they came out of the Olson twins closet.

A big ooops at some event. Nicki wears the same hideous dress as Dee Ocleepo.
    RobbieLee likes this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Funeral-wear, except for the blue one, but all of the styles are hideous
    panic likes this.

Was this an event for ugly nightgowns?
    darksithbunny likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

or a witches coven?
    sprynkles likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Thread Information